ArcelorMittal USA

2.8

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in April 2013.

Relatively simple although this is because there are 2 more interviews to go through. I was accepted to work in Chicago and go to the 2nd interview until they saw my transcript which showed a rough freshman year. All questions were pretty predictable and easy to answer.

Financial Analyst Interview

I had a first round interview with ArcelorMittal. It was very straightforward with behavioral questions based around leadership and teamwork. The interviewer was casual and friendly. We spent a lot of time going through the different roles and locations that ArcelorMittal has available.

Associate Electrical Engineer-intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in February 2013.

Got the interview call through university career fair

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions like reacting to a situation and team work   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in February 2013.

I was first asked some HR problems and then some questions about technical skills and personalities. But after he knows I'm international students I feel like he doesn't have any interests going on with the interview process.

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in January 2013.

They recruit pretty heavily at my university so I talked to them at the career fair. I got signed up for an interview the next day on the spot. Interviewed one-on-one with a recent alum (about 4-5 years out of school) who first talked about what he has worked on at Arcelor and then asked about my interest in the company and the field, had me walk him through my resume and asked a few specific things about experiences and skills listed. They had 30 minute interview slots booked all day after the career fair and it took up all of it. Saved about 5 min at the end for any questions I had. I talked to three recruiters throughout the whole process and all were extremely sociable and funny.

About 2 weeks later I got a call from an HR manager informing me of the offer and some of the details (Indiana Harbor plant, $17/hr (dependent on graduation year, I'm a sophomore), $1650 living stipend for the summer) and followed up shortly after with an email with the full offer.

Interview Questions
    • He asked about 4-5 behavioral STAR questions; Name a time you worked successfully as part of a group, name a time you had to seek help from someone else, name a time you overcame something unexpected, name a time when you were forced to work in an uncomfortable situation or environment and asked a few follow ups for each one while taking notes. Pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question
    They require interns to have a car as public transport isn't available to their plants which was an issue for me but they seemed pretty confident I would be able to arrange a carpool since most interns live in nearby university housing.

Financial Analyst Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in September 2012.

The interview process was like any other behavioral interview and all answers were expected to be answered with the STAR approach. There were a lot of similar questions that they wanted you to be prepared to answer. It is good to know about the company and being that it is a steel company you should know that the surroundings you may be put in may not be the most luxurious. Overall, the interview and hiring process was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you better than any other candidate interviewing for the same position?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in June 2012.

Met with the recruiters an a local career fair. Provided my resume and said that I was interested in a position requiring more math (previously I was working as a project manager). Had a follow up phone interview. This led into an interview with three of their employees. Those employees were mostly one level below the VP of purchasing which led to the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was describing something I did in my econometric's class regarding looking at public metro's in different cities, their population densities, and hoping to find some relationship between those and their finances. The person I interviewed then asked me to delve into the details which I wasn't entirely prepared to do (the class was a few years ago), but I muddled through it.   View Answer
    Limited ability to negotiate. I was brought on as a temporary which then turned into a full time offer. Regarding negotiating the full time offer, I checked with my company "mentor" (somebody with lots of experience but outside of your department" about figuring out how competitive it was. As it included a promotion, raise, full-time offer, benefits, etc., he said that I should not use the political capital necessary to get a few minor concessions at the time and take it as is. I did.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in February 2012.

The interview consisted of many behavioral questions to gauge how you would react given certain situations

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever not gotten along with a group member while working on a project, and how did you deal with the situation   Answer Question

Planning and Supply Chain Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in January 2012.

I spoke with a recruiter from ArcelorMittal at our campus' career fair and he invited me to have an interview the following morning. After a few behavioral questions, he said that they would make their decision in a few weeks. After four weeks, I received a phone call from an HR rep offering me an internship position.

Interview Questions
    • What did you have to do to get to this interview?   View Answer

Associate Business Analyst Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in December 2011.

First, I had an one on one interview at my University and it lasted about 30 to 45 minutes. About a month later I was offered a final round interview located at the plant. This consisted of a welcome presentation about the company, a group interview, lunch, and a tour of the plant. I had three separate one on one interviews, with three different people and each interview lasted around one hour. The group I was with also received lunch, provided by the company, and a tour of the plant, which lasted about one hour.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a leadership position that you have had and what you did in it?   Answer Question