ArcelorMittal USA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in September 2013.

Interview

I applied through an on-campus career fair, received a phone call few hours later and arranged an interview the next day on campus.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Golden, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

Was a brief 30 minute first round and then followed by a site visit in Chicago area with three one hour "talks"

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding metallurgy as I had little metallurgy experience   1 Answer

Process Automation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 3 on site.
    It consisted of 2 technical interviews based on the resume and 3 HR and safety related questions.There was a drug test and background check later.

Associate Engineer- Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (East Chicago, IN) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward process. I worked on a project for Am through my university. So when i wanted an internship, I asked them and luckily they had an opening.

I was contacted by the HR, I did well in that interview. I was given an offer, because I was recommended by the group I would be working for. So I really do not have too many inputs about the interview process. However, i must mention here that, their full time hiring process is really challenging.

I witnessed three interviews and I can tell that you will be tested on all possible fronts if you want a full time job at AM.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana Harbor, IN

Application

interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Indiana Harbor, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted about a week later to take a online management/leadership test. A couple of days later, I was contacted by HR and offered an interview. Interview consisted of two separate interviews on the same day, one with the division manager and one with a two person panel consisting of the managers I would be working for. It was a very good experience and the questions were behavior based, (Situation, What did you do and what were the results). Seems like a great company to work for with good compensations and benefits. No offer yet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were a leader of a work group/project and how you managed the process and the results?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelby, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Shelby, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

I went for a face-to-face interview at their facility in Shelby OH. It was an 140 mile round trip with no mileage compensation. I had a decent interview, but never got any feedback. Plus, the interviewers never replied to my emails or phone calls. It seems rude not never provide a reply to a candidate after a face-to-face interview.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (State College, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Relatively simple although this is because there are 2 more interviews to go through. I was accepted to work in Chicago and go to the 2nd interview until they saw my transcript which showed a rough freshman year. All questions were pretty predictable and easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a first round interview with ArcelorMittal. It was very straightforward with behavioral questions based around leadership and teamwork. The interviewer was casual and friendly. We spent a lot of time going through the different roles and locations that ArcelorMittal has available.

Associate Electrical Engineer-intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Penn State University, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

Got the interview call through university career fair

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions like reacting to a situation and team work   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in February 2013.

Interview

I was first asked some HR problems and then some questions about technical skills and personalities. But after he knows I'm international students I feel like he doesn't have any interests going on with the interview process.