Arch Coal Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arch Coal

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Arch Coal (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in HR, had an initial phone call, then two additional manager interviews followed by 2 face to face interviews. I had to follow up numerous times via phone to see where I was in the process. I kept calling until I got the recruiter on the line and she apologized and said she was busy.

Interview Questions

• What skills are you bringing to Arch?   1 Answer

Finance Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arch Coal (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Quite friendly and professional HR lady. It took 3 weeks to finally get the rejection and it is a downing business at least for recent years. Hopefully they can get through it quickly.

Interview Questions

• Which job do you like most?   1 Answer

Supervisor Networks Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arch Coal in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed individually with four members of the company. The process and environment were good. Questions were standard and straight forward. The technical interviewers were interesting. One was open to a new hire, the other was a little arrogant about the ownership of their area.

Interview Questions

• From HR a behavioral question. Describe how a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arch Coal in October 2011.

Interview

Hiring manager was easy to talk to. He asked some basic questions and then most of the conversation was around personality. Got to meet the other team members, who seemed nice. They made me an offer the following day. It was lower than the average in the Saint Louis area and they will argue to the bitter end that it is not but they are ill informed and will not negotiate.

Interview Questions

• They had me fill out a 10 question skills test. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-existent. "take it or leave it" "if you think you are worth more then why are you here" are actual quotes from the HR team.