Archdiocese of New York

Relevance Date Difficulty

Disaster Case Management Interview

Disaster Case Management
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Archdiocese of New York in April 2014.

Interview Details – I received a brief phone call, followed by two interviews. The first interview was with the director of HR, and the second with the director of the social services department.

Interview Question – What do you expect to be the hardest part of this job for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Archdiocese of New York in August 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly standard, including submitting a cover letter and resume, completing an in person application, meeting with HR and the direct supervisor of the position, and providing references.

Interview Question – Situation questions - how would you handle X situation if it were to arise   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Disaster Case Management Interview

Disaster Case Management
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Archdiocese of New York in August 2012.

Interview Details – My first interview was in New York City at the head quarters which is a huge, black, glass building. When I arrived, I was directed to the HR floor, was greeted by the receptionist there and was asked to fill out an application. I then proceeded to take a Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency test. The application was fairly short and to the point, asking basic application information. The computer proficiency tests inquired for basic knowledge of the programs and were easy enough for someone who has had little to no training in them, like myself. Upon completion of the tests, I was warmly greeted by the HR Generalist, who seemed very happy to see me and guided me to her office. The interview process went very quickly. She asked me why I was seeking to work for Catholic Charities and we discussed my passion for my faith and my volunteer work. The interview became more of a process of getting to know me, than asking difficult, cookie-cutter questions. By the end of the interview, we were both laughing and I felt very comfortable for an interview. The HR Generalist informed me that I would be receiving a call in the coming weeks for a second interview that would likely take place in Poughkeepsie.
The second interview went much like the first. The building was an average size brick building in the heart of Poughkeepsie. Upon arriving I was greeted by the wonderful receptionist who contacted the one of the directors of the DCM program there. She came to greet me and took me to her office where we talked more about my volunteer experience and my faith. She explained a little bit about what the Disaster Case Management program was and what the position entailed. Upon the closing of the interview, I was once again informed that I would receive a call for a third interview!

The third interview was with the Client Services Manager and another supervisor for the program. This interview was very informal. At that point the information that I was being given was all I needed to know for starting the job unofficially (because HR had not officially offered it to me yet) They told me where I would be reporting to, who my supervisor would be, and how the job would work.

Over all, the process was long and tedious, but worth it nonetheless!

Interview Question – No questions were difficult, only surprising to have 3 interviews for 1 job!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation needed.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Archdiocese of New York? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Archdiocese of New York interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Archdiocese of New York employees and interview candidates.