Archetype, Inc.

www.archetypeinc.com
  www.archetypeinc.com

Archetype, Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Archetype, Inc.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Archetype, Inc. in June 2012.

Prospective employees, beware. I should have known something was up when I noticed this company literally posts on Craigslist for fresh meat EVERY.DAY. That either means an insane turnover rate, or something else is amiss here. Company was very vague not only in their job descriptions online, but furthered the ambiguity when I was brought in for a 1:1 interview.

The interview took place in a rundown office building built in the 70's just off 217. The paint was chipping off the sign in the entry way, and there were no cubicles to be seen anywhere in the office, just a hallway with a couple of corner offices and apparently a breakroom.

I could tell within the first 2 minutes of my very short interview, that my interviewer had made an assessment and decision on me based on my appearance from the get-go.

While I was dressed appropriately and professionally for the position I was interviewing for (ie: slacks and a professional top, but not a suit) I felt that I was judged by my appearance and was not the ideal candidate because I did not fit the mold of a sorority girl or frat boy. Just look at the pictures on Glassdoor of their employees; Archetype hires young, physically attractive individuals. Not that there’s necessarily anything wrong with that, but there needs to be DIVERSITY of all types (not just race) in the workplace. If your entire company is run by 20 and 30 something’s, there’s a problem.

Interview Questions
    • Rank these three imperatives from most important to least important when considering a new job:
      -Compensation
      -Work Environment
      -Opportunity to advance
        Answer Question

This was the quickest “interview” I’ve ever had. It lasted no more than 10 minutes and was an absolute waste of time for me and for them. I intentionally threw the interview about 5 minutes in because I knew it would not be a company I would be happy working for. Why?

Even after browsing their website, their blog, and their Facebook page, it was impossible to find out exactly what the position would entail, and what day to day operations look like. Yes, they really played up the promotions from within angle and said certain individuals are fast tracked to management... but management of what? When your employees are out in the sales field, what are they selling?

If you cannot tell me what you are selling, or how you are helping your clients gain revenue in the initial interview (or phone interview even), then you are just blowing smoke.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Archetype, Inc. in April 2011.

Archetype Inc. has a 3 part interview process. Through their interview process, a candidate can get a real feel for exactly what the position entails.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario questions... what I would do in a situation with other employees.   Answer Question