Archiver's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Team Lead Interview

Sales Team Lead
Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person - interviewed at Archiver's in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with store manager and District manager

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Archiver's in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online, and was contacted by phone within a few days. I first did a phone interview with a woman from HR. She said that we were interviewing in the opposite order from what the company usually does. The regular interview process is: in person interview with Store Manager, in person interview with Area/Divisional Manager, and then phone interview with HR. However, there were extenuating circumstances within the store; so she was beginning the interviewing process on her end. The interview was a typical interview for a retail management position. There were questions about why I wanted to leave my current position, my familiarity with the company, why I wanted to work for Archiver's, past difficult and positive experiences with customers, my ideas about customer service and sales, etc. The phone interview went well, and she set up a face-to-face interview with the DM. This interview was done in the store, and it was very similar to the phone interview. The DM went a little more in-depth with me with information about the day-to-day details of the position. She said she'd have the Store Manager call and set up a third interview with me. It took several days for the Manager to call me, but she finally did. I had a face-to-face interview with me. Her questions were almost identical to the DM's -- they have a form that lists the questions, and they must write down your answers. I thought the interview went well, but not as well as the two previous ones. Her last question was not on the form, and she asked how I felt about supervising associates that were older than I am. I told her that I had no problem with it, and jokingly said that they may feel differently. She was clearly close to my mother's age, most of her staff was middle-aged, and I am obviously much younger. In retrospect, I think that this may have influenced her decision not to hire me; but I have no proof of this. Within an hour or two of the end of my interview with the Store Manager, the woman from HR called me. She asked how the interview had gone, and told me she was e-mailing me background check forms to fill out and fax back to her. I filled out not one, but two, background check forms and faxed them back that day. I did not hear anything back for a few days. I called and left a voicemail for HR. The next day I was contacted and told that they had decided to go with another applicant!

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Archiver's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Archiver's interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Archiver's employees and interview candidates.