Archstone Interview Questions & Reviews

36 interviews

2.6

Benefits Manager Interview

The interview and hiring process was accomplished quickly. I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed with the hiring manager, her boss and finally the staff. Interviewing with the staff was beneficial as it gave me insight to the team I would be working with and their needs and desires. Once I was selected for the job, there was a background check which was easy.

Resident Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

interviewed at Archstone in May 2010.

On line Application Followed by phone interview followed by property manager interview. Then Drug test (They cut off hair)

No negotiation

Assistant Community Manager Interview

3 interviews all managers and OM

Interview Questions
    The offer was clear and acceptable

Assistant Community Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Archstone in February 2011.

30 minutes phone interview and 1 hour face-to-face interview

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Archstone.

I started as a temp and was hired based on performance and contribution.

I suggested that I needed $1. more per hour and it was accepted.

IT Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Archstone in June 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter for this position. A couple of phone calls later, we had an in-person interview.

I was interviewed by the department director, the QA director, three software developers and a project manager. All four groups gave me conflicting information regarding the projects they were working on. Each group complained about the other group. There was obvious project management breakdown and little interest in fixing communications between the groups. The project manager seemed to be energized by conflict and impossible deadlines. She was very confrontational throughout the entire interview process.

When the department director came back after all of the interviews, I told him exactly what I had experienced. He apologized repeatedly and (supposedly) clarified all of the conflicting information I received from each party.

He was disinterested in the idea of making department communications better. He also admitted it was a bad environment and they needed help repairing their departmental/personnel conflicts.

I was not offered the position, as I had expected. I would have turned it down anyway. This was a very poor experience and I feel really bad for the people working at this company.

The project manager needs to be fired. Any resource who is energized by conflict is going to cause major problems; particularly disrupt productivity and moral.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle local caching of a web application in case you want that web application to run without an internet connection on the client? (I respond.) Oh, that's a good idea. But wait, we mean just for Chrome? (I respond.) Oh, that would work, too, but we are looking for something specific. (I respond.) Oh, we'll just tell you. You could use Local DB storage using HTML 5. (I respond.) Oh, we know you don't have HTML 5 experience, but we decided to ask the question and waste your time, as well as ours, to try to get a very specific answer out of you, but without giving you a specific question! Isn't this fun?   View Answer

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Archstone in September 2012.

I applied online and then a couple of days later I got an email to fill out a questionnaire. After finishing the questionnaire I got an email to schedule a phone interview. About two weeks later I had an interview with the manager at the complex. The manager then told me she would contact me in a couple of weeks about the job.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Archstone in August 2011.

Very formal interview process. I did a phone interview with a corporate recruiter and the director of corporate accounting. I then visited the office for a half day for another round of 5 interviews including HR, 2 accountants, the director, and the VP. Each interview was 30 minutes to an hour. The HR interview was very demanding by way of behavioral based questions. All other interviews were more about my technical skills and building rapport.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult situation and be specific about the dialog.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate and accepted the first offer. I would suggest anyone to negotiate as they offered my the exact amount on the bottom end of the salary range I provided. I then found out that the director I would be reporting to took it upon herself to negotiate another $2K in base and $1K in bonus. Always professionally and respectfully negotiate. If you go about it in this manner they will at worst probably say no and not revoke the offer.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Archstone.

I found out about the opportunity through a recuiter. The company was great, very professional and organized. I had 2 interviews, one with the hiring manager and the following interview with the hiring manager, 2 other deparment managers, and a VP.

Interview Questions
    I went through a recuiter, so I negotiated through the recuiter.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Archstone in June 2012.

3 Personal Interviews, 2 skills test, 1 personality test

More funds

Worked for Archstone? Contribute to the Community!