Archstone

www.archstoneapartments.com

Archstone Interview Questions

2.6

Benefits Manager Interview

The interview and hiring process was accomplished quickly. I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed with the hiring manager, her boss and finally the staff. Interviewing with the staff was beneficial as it gave me insight to the team I would be working with and their needs and desires. Once I was selected for the job, there was a background check which was easy.

Assistant Community Manager Interview

3 interviews all managers and OM

Interview Questions
    The offer was clear and acceptable

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Archstone.

I started as a temp and was hired based on performance and contribution.

I suggested that I needed $1. more per hour and it was accepted.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Archstone.

I found out about the opportunity through a recuiter. The company was great, very professional and organized. I had 2 interviews, one with the hiring manager and the following interview with the hiring manager, 2 other deparment managers, and a VP.

Interview Questions
    I went through a recuiter, so I negotiated through the recuiter.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Archstone.

I was recruited through LinkedIn and was casually looking for a new job at the time so I responded. I had a quick informational interview via phone and applied. What I am really disturbed about and why I am writing this today is that I just found out that they called a current co-worker of mine for a reference at some point in this process. Apparently he was a friend of a friend of someone in their company. I am incredibly offended by this, considering I was recruited and never even truly interviewed for the position; however, they alerted my current employer that I was interviewing with other companies. I don't care if it was off the record, it affected my employment, and the perception of my co-worker to me and I'm not happy about it. That is really bad practice. Beware when applying to this company, especially if you are only casually looking.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Archstone in September 2012.

I applied online and then a couple of days later I got an email to fill out a questionnaire. After finishing the questionnaire I got an email to schedule a phone interview. About two weeks later I had an interview with the manager at the complex. The manager then told me she would contact me in a couple of weeks about the job.

IT Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Archstone in June 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter for this position. A couple of phone calls later, we had an in-person interview.

I was interviewed by the department director, the QA director, three software developers and a project manager. All four groups gave me conflicting information regarding the projects they were working on. Each group complained about the other group. There was obvious project management breakdown and little interest in fixing communications between the groups. The project manager seemed to be energized by conflict and impossible deadlines. She was very confrontational throughout the entire interview process.

When the department director came back after all of the interviews, I told him exactly what I had experienced. He apologized repeatedly and (supposedly) clarified all of the conflicting information I received from each party.

He was disinterested in the idea of making department communications better. He also admitted it was a bad environment and they needed help repairing their departmental/personnel conflicts.

I was not offered the position, as I had expected. I would have turned it down anyway. This was a very poor experience and I feel really bad for the people working at this company.

The project manager needs to be fired. Any resource who is energized by conflict is going to cause major problems; particularly disrupt productivity and moral.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle local caching of a web application in case you want that web application to run without an internet connection on the client? (I respond.) Oh, that's a good idea. But wait, we mean just for Chrome? (I respond.) Oh, that would work, too, but we are looking for something specific. (I respond.) Oh, we'll just tell you. You could use Local DB storage using HTML 5. (I respond.) Oh, we know you don't have HTML 5 experience, but we decided to ask the question and waste your time, as well as ours, to try to get a very specific answer out of you, but without giving you a specific question! Isn't this fun?   View Answer

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Archstone in June 2012.

3 Personal Interviews, 2 skills test, 1 personality test

More funds

Leasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Archstone in May 2012.

Applied for the position after seeing an add on Indeed. The entire application was online. They required a sample of a follow up letter I would send to a potential tenant after a tour of the property. ABout a week after I submitted the application I was contacted to come in for an interview. The interview was very standard. They asked about past customer service experience and sales abilities.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you overcame a very difficult experience or obstacle. How did you feel once you had achieved your goal.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Archstone in February 2012.

Applied for a promotion was asked to apply online after getting permission from a new HR rep I had never meet. I had already recieved premission from my supervisor. Took two months to get my inperson interview with a group panel. Only one person out of the four people worked on the team I was applying for the others had no experience with the team but were there to ask basic interview questions. They helped decided on hiring for the position. Another month later I was informed they hired outside the company, someone I would help train.

Interview Questions
    • Think about a dilemma what was it and how did you handle it?   View Answer