Arclight Cinemas

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arclight Cinemas

Crew Member Interview

Sit in a room and learn about the values of the company and benefits. Although the process is two hours long you really get to know the job you're applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arclight Cinemas in June 2014.

Interview includes group process, then scenarios, then one on one. They'll ask for your favorite movie, to discuss how their values relate to you, and thankfully they'll hire on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Arclight Cinemas.

Starts with a bunch of people, then they start geting rid of people till they have the last bach to hire, i did not make the cut

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arclight Cinemas in June 2013.

Its a group interview that starts from around 30 people and dwindles down to about 4. I made it to the last phase and they ask questions about how you would handle very specific issues and another one they asked was about integrity.

Interview Questions
    • For example what would you do if you saw someone ( a coworker friend ) stealing from the cash register and pocketing some money.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Arclight Cinemas.

I applied online, on their web site. I was invited to choose a time and date for the interview and then given the instructions and address. It was a group interview. I arrived about 20 minutes early and waited outside with the other candidates until we were called in. After the registration we were divided into groups with two managers per group. We sat in a circle while the managers told us about the company and the position. Then they asked us mostly behavioral questions such as, "Describe a time where you showed integrity." The interview lasted several hours if you were chosen to stay the whole time and were not sent home. There was a one-on-one interview at the end where the manager would then either extend or deny an offer of employment. Overall, good experience and it was nice to go home knowing whether you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a situation where you learned something besides something learned in school."   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation: the pay rate was $8.75/hr no matter your previous experience or lack thereof.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arclight Cinemas in June 2012.

Like others said, 3 rounds: 1st was as a group. We talked about the philosophy of the company (ie what does this sentence mean to you/ how does it apply to the company) - definitely quantity over quality here. 2nd was 3 behavioral questions - as long as you talked a few times and didn't shoot yourself in the foot, you proceeded to 3rd round, which was 1 on 1. Interviewer asked like 3 questions about resume/ behavioral/etc.

Surprisingly not too difficult considering I've never done a group interview before.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult situation   View Answer
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Arclight Cinemas in August 2011.

Applied on there website they called me the next day to come in for a interview later on in the week.
    I arrived and asked the person at the front desk where they were holding interviews he directed me towards the cafe we filled out a quick application and then they took it from us and we went upstairs into a room

It was a group interview we 5 other people including myself i was interviewed by two managers they asked us a couple of questions. and we went around in a circle answering them in no particulate order raise your hand and you answer then told us that they would call whoever they choose no later then 6pm that same day.

My advice would be You don't always have to answer first but make sure you answer at least second or third. Never anwser last they look down on that. Make sure your paying attention and making eye contact at all times. Keep your answers to the point and dont drag on. Bring a resume if you have one incase they dont have the one you sumbited and make sure before you leave you shake who ever interview you and leave.

If you have any tattos that are visable or piercing like those big gap ones dont even bother going

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had a problem or work at school how did you solve it.   View Answer
    • Name a time when you had to use teamwork or you should leadership skills to accomplish a goal   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arclight Cinemas in June 2011.

So basically it was about 30 people in the group interview. At the beginning they ask you to fill out an additional application. After filling out the app they then lead you to a room upstairs. This room was located in the projection room, where they film everything. I thought this was very cool because i have never been up there before. On one side they was playing Hangover 2 and another side Super 8 was on. Very cool. Anyway, they had us all in a secluded room and from there the manager, assistant manager, and a crew member talked to you about the ArcLight philosophy, training, and values. It is important for you to ask questions because during this time they are looking at you and already deciding whether to keep you or not. After this all three of them left and came back and cut like 14 of the people. Then we did role-play situations. I was a crew member and i had to deal a situation that involved a crying baby complaint. After that they cut more people and it came down to five people. Then one by one they called you in a separate room and personally interviewed you.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite film?   Answer Question
    • Define integrity and why is it important?   Answer Question
    • You are the owner of ArcLight Cinemas. A customer left out of the movie because her baby is sick. She wants a refund, what do you do?   Answer Question
    my advice would be to talk alot but dont make it seem like your a know it all. Their whole purpose is to get to know who you are as a person so let your personality show. Have fun in the role-play & if your into theatre and stuff you should be fine. Be assertive because it is very competitive. If you don't talk a lot or if your scared in talking in front of a lot of people, you most likely won't make it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Arclight Cinemas in December 2010.

I applied for the position online and was instructed by email to select a day on Arclight's website to be interviewed with a group. About 30 people showed up to be interviewed by one of the higher ups and a few crew members (who were unprofessional, imo -- swearing and making rude comments whenever the manager left the room).

3 of the 30 people were hired on. They seem to expect a lot from their employees, especially as far as personality is concerned. If you're hellbent on working for Arclight, then I advise you to be as congenial and peppy as possible. I'm not a very outgoing person, and even my (and a few of the other applicants') knowledge and obvious passion for film couldn't win them over.

This will probably come across as bitter since I wasn't offered a position, but I knew from the interview process that I wouldn't be a good fit for the company, anyway. From my perspective, it was a very clinical experience with not much warmth and personality (I guess that's where employees' personalities come in?). I didn't feel like the people who interviewed my group were genuine.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Arclight Cinemas in April 2010.

I applied for the waiter position through the company website, and the site allowed me to self-schedule for the job interview. After I went to the job interview, the HR person selected only three people out of about 20 applicants. I was not among the three who were selected.