Arclin Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arclin

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Arclin in November 2013.

Through the process of transitioning from military to civilian, I have employed a headhunter to assist in finding a job. Arclin was one of the companies presented by the headhunter's hiring conference. The interview went well. It was more of a conversation than an interview-very laid back. I answered the "tell me about yourself" question and we discussed what the company provided and the position. In the end, the company was looking for more supervision in an industrial environment.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arclin in October 2013.

I had three screening interviews. Later, I was invited on site to interview with the FM, Process Supervisor, Logistics Manager, and HR Manager.

The staff made certain I understood the role of the position and the skills required. Also, they talked about their plans for the future and the skills needed to make those plans happen.

The team reviewed my resume and had a number of reasonable questions about my skills and abilities. The team spent all morning walking through the plant and making certain I understood I knew what my role was, what was expected, and they took time to ask additional questions during our tour. Also, they allowed ample time for me to ask a lot of questions and they offered detailed answers.

The team was VERY professional! I enjoyed the process. I felt I was able to share all my skills and they got to tell me everything about the company, the position, their management style, the working conditions, their future needs, and those I would work with.

The hiring experience AND interview experience was one of the best I had in several years.

Interview Questions

My family was concerned about the safety aspects for working for a chemical company. Although Arclin has an excellent safety record (I toured the plant and saw for myself they are very safety conscious in every way), I failed to sell my family. Also, the cost of living is very high in OR although they offered a good pay/benefit package. I think if the pay was a "blow me away" one it night have pushed family to approve.

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OR

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Arclin.

Found job through Employment Department. They sent me to ManPower to register. ManPower scheduled an interview for me.

Interview Questions
    ManPower had already told me what the pay was.

Research Chemist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Arclin in July 2012.

The company had a new set up in North Carolina and they were hiring for a position at this plant. The interview was held over the phone, and it was arranged by a recruitment agency.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked technical details about resins, and I was wasn't fully prepared with the answers.   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arclin in June 2009.

Detailed phone interview of 1 hour. 2nd phone interview of 1 hour. At site interview lasting the whole day. People were skilled, but management had undermined morale. Very political environment with some backstabbing

Interview Questions
    • You are formulating a resin and you must make sure it is suitable for production scale. What are the steps required to make sure the formulated resin can be produced efficiently and safely by the plant?   View Answer
    not much room for negotiation

Worked for Arclin? Contribute to the Community!