Arcot Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Arcot Systems.

Interview Details – The Arcot team visited campus. First stage was extremely competitive written test of math/CS/IQ. Out of 600 or so they selected 10 something student for in person interview. In person interview most of the question were based on algorithms & data structures like Binary Tree, Dynamic programming, Linked list. I was asked to write some implementation. It has been a while, so really don't remember exact question.

Interview Question – N-queens problem and some questions on memoization   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arcot Systems.

Interview Details – 1st round - Telephonic Interview.

1. Find kth node from last of a linked list.
2. Question related to dijkstra's algorithm.

2nd Round

Mangerial Round
General questions about networking, os concepts and few c++ questions

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Arcot Systems in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was recruited in school. They asked some puzzles and some coding problems . I didn have to write code exactly. It is a nice company . They pay quite competitive.

Interview Question – Something related to dynamic programming .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Well , I would say , if they like you they can shell lot of money !

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Arcot Systems in March 2009.

Interview Details – it consists of one to two telephonic rounds, followed by three to four personal rounds and final round with HR

Interview Question – mutex,database communication   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they are very rigid

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arcot Systems in October 2009.

Interview Details – - Started with the consultant
- The communication and location was co-ordinated by consultant
- had arround 7 levels of interview
- All questions were scenario based questions
- Make sure you understand the PM skills and all the regions very well.
- Hard negotiate salary and there are no increments after the joining

Interview Question – how will you manage german customers   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hard negotiate salary and there are no increments after the joining

Senior Tester Interview

Senior Tester
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Arcot Systems in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was quick and no-nonsense. I had three interview rounds. The first round was with my manager-to-be, who mostly focused on the technical skills relevant to the job. A few standard ("How would you move Mount Fuji") puzzles were thrown added for lagniappe. The second and third rounds were taken by senior QA managers, who mostly focused on testing strategies, and the ability to identify test scenarios/ test cases for a given product, network topology, or product architecture. These last two rounds were rather high-level probes into breadth of testing knowledge, and weren't deep.

Interview Question – what are pyc files? if they provide speedup, how do they do that? is "pyc" like bytecode of java? in other words, are python source files compiled to an intermediate representation that can run on any platform, similar to java? (yes, it is!) any idea what pyc can speedup? how does it achieve this speedup?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate reasonably well. The first salary negotiation round with the HR was surprising, as she didn't even want to negotiate. She probably didn't have the authority to do so. When I had a proper salary round with the senior HR, I was able to get a 37% pay hike over my previous income, which I consider as quite good.

Worked for Arcot Systems? Contribute to the Community!