Arden B

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arden B

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arden B in May 2014.

The interviewer was nice, I answered the questions. She said she liked my answers but I say if they don't hire you on spot then you didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Arden B in October 2013.

I applied to the Wet Seal Inc on the paper application before the company changed it online only. I ended up having an interview, then I was told by the manager that I have to reapply online because of the change the company made. I applied more then once because of it not going through at anytime. Arden B called me for the interview (they are under the Wet Seal Inc. if you didn't know), it went well. The manager asked about my resume then I was asked about a time I didn't do as good of a job as I liked and what did I do about it. I told the manager about a time in high school, in my pottery class a project didn't come out as well as I hoped it would. I was asked about any time I had a difficult guest/customer and how did I handle it. The questions were not difficult at all. I personally think it looks better to actually think of an answer instead of coming up with one off the top of your head. I was nervous during the interview but the manager was very friendly and understood, (even though there wasn't a reason to be nervous). That interview was on a Thursday or a Friday and I started that following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly did not have a difficult question, they were all somewhat expected for an interview. Some parts I had to think a little bit longer for a better answer then others though.   Answer Question
    I asked how much the pay rate was, and the manager I had for the interview said since I have more then 6 years experience in retail alone, she would ask if I can receive 8.50 an hour instead of 8. I had received a call that night and I was told it can be 8. I accepted but I didn't ask if a raise is possible in the near future, which I should have.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arden B.

heard about the job offer at my college career center

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Arden B in July 2012.

I walked in on a whim to see if they were hiring. The co-manager said that they were, handed me an application and a pen and asked if I had time to fill it out now. I did, so I walked outside to fill it out. I highly recommend putting good references, because they actually have a sheet they fill out with questions for your references. They called my references the next day, then called about doing a second interview. I was supposed to also interview with the store manager, but I was going to Florida for a week and couldn't schedule it in before then. The co-manager told me to please call her when I got back home. I never even had time to call back before she called me with the job offer. Everyone i interacted with was nothing but nice.

Interview Questions
    • This isn't exactly a question but I was asked to pick out an outfit for someone going to a bachelorette party.   View Answer
    I was called and offered the job. I didn't need to negotiate anything because they were very well accommodating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Arden B in May 2010.

I found this job posting on Craigslist, and I was skeptical at first, but after about a week after submitting my resumé I got a phone call. First, the position I was interview at was for Wet Seal, but after my first interview I was forwarded to Arden B because the store manager thought it was a better fit for my age. The asked about the operational things that I have done in my other job, the experiences I have had in management, and why I chose to apply for The Wet Seal Group.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arden B in April 2009.

The District Director contact me and she liked me so much, she sent me an application and background check the same day. Usually they have a face to face interview, but she loved me so much the only time I met her was when I visited my store. The work culture and benefits seemed great along with a 40% discount.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Arden B in September 2011.

I walked into the store and asked if there were any openings and was told to come back at 5pm when the manager would be back. She interviewed me and, impressed with my educational background in retail, even mentioned a possibility of an assistant manager position for me. She told me she would call me back on Tuesday (a few days later), but I never got a call. It's a possibility I did not show enough enthusiasm.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arden B in January 2011.

The interview process with Arden B consisted of 3 interviews (mandatory for the SM position). The first interview was with the District Director, I was asked typical retail management questions such as my strengths/weaknesses, how do I motivate people, etc. The second interview was with the Regional Manager and consisted of the same questions and talk of salary expectations. The third interview was with the Vice President, who asked what I thought of my most recent visit to an Arden B store, three weaknesses, and 5 qualities I possess.

Interview Questions

No negotiating salary, the Store Manager position pays under $40,000 per year regardless of experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Arden B in May 2010.

There was a face to face interview, then a background check, then a phon interview with the acting regional manager. Questions asked were about customer service shrink number, loss prevention, and how good are you at visual merchandising.

Interview Questions
    • How good are you with customer service   View Answer
    • On a scale from 1-10 how good are you with visuals?   View Answer
    They do NOT allow you to negotiate the rate... it's basically either take it or leave it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arden B in March 2009.

It was very relaxed. It was in person and I had come in the day before looking for a job.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating.