Arden B

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Towson, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Arden B in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewer was nice, I answered the questions. She said she liked my answers but I say if they don't hire you on spot then you didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Long questions   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Paramus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Arden B in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to the Wet Seal Inc on the paper application before the company changed it online only. I ended up having an interview, then I was told by the manager that I have to reapply online because of the change the company made. I applied more then once because of it not going through at anytime. Arden B called me for the interview (they are under the Wet Seal Inc. if you didn't know), it went well. The manager asked about my resume then I was asked about a time I didn't do as good of a job as I liked and what did I do about it. I told the manager about a time in high school, in my pottery class a project didn't come out as well as I hoped it would. I was asked about any time I had a difficult guest/customer and how did I handle it. The questions were not difficult at all. I personally think it looks better to actually think of an answer instead of coming up with one off the top of your head. I was nervous during the interview but the manager was very friendly and understood, (even though there wasn't a reason to be nervous). That interview was on a Thursday or a Friday and I started that following Monday.

Interview Question – I honestly did not have a difficult question, they were all somewhat expected for an interview. Some parts I had to think a little bit longer for a better answer then others though.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked how much the pay rate was, and the manager I had for the interview said since I have more then 6 years experience in retail alone, she would ask if I can receive 8.50 an hour instead of 8. I had received a call that night and I was told it can be 8. I accepted but I didn't ask if a raise is possible in the near future, which I should have.

Sales Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Arden B.

Interview Details – heard about the job offer at my college career center

Interview Question – what would you do if someones stealing   Answer Question

Natick, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Arden B in July 2012.

Interview Details – I walked in on a whim to see if they were hiring. The co-manager said that they were, handed me an application and a pen and asked if I had time to fill it out now. I did, so I walked outside to fill it out. I highly recommend putting good references, because they actually have a sheet they fill out with questions for your references. They called my references the next day, then called about doing a second interview. I was supposed to also interview with the store manager, but I was going to Florida for a week and couldn't schedule it in before then. The co-manager told me to please call her when I got back home. I never even had time to call back before she called me with the job offer. Everyone i interacted with was nothing but nice.

Interview Question – This isn't exactly a question but I was asked to pick out an outfit for someone going to a bachelorette party.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was called and offered the job. I didn't need to negotiate anything because they were very well accommodating

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Arden B in April 2009.

Interview Details – The District Director contact me and she liked me so much, she sent me an application and background check the same day. Usually they have a face to face interview, but she loved me so much the only time I met her was when I visited my store. The work culture and benefits seemed great along with a 40% discount.

Columbus, OH

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Arden B in May 2010.

Interview Details – I found this job posting on Craigslist, and I was skeptical at first, but after about a week after submitting my resumé I got a phone call. First, the position I was interview at was for Wet Seal, but after my first interview I was forwarded to Arden B because the store manager thought it was a better fit for my age. The asked about the operational things that I have done in my other job, the experiences I have had in management, and why I chose to apply for The Wet Seal Group.

Sales Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Arden B in September 2011.

Interview Details – I walked into the store and asked if there were any openings and was told to come back at 5pm when the manager would be back. She interviewed me and, impressed with my educational background in retail, even mentioned a possibility of an assistant manager position for me. She told me she would call me back on Tuesday (a few days later), but I never got a call. It's a possibility I did not show enough enthusiasm.

Interview Question – When are you available to work?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Arden B in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process with Arden B consisted of 3 interviews (mandatory for the SM position). The first interview was with the District Director, I was asked typical retail management questions such as my strengths/weaknesses, how do I motivate people, etc. The second interview was with the Regional Manager and consisted of the same questions and talk of salary expectations. The third interview was with the Vice President, who asked what I thought of my most recent visit to an Arden B store, three weaknesses, and 5 qualities I possess.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – No negotiating salary, the Store Manager position pays under $40,000 per year regardless of experience.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Arden B in March 2009.

Interview Details – It was very relaxed. It was in person and I had come in the day before looking for a job.

Interview Question – What makes you interested in fashion?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating.

Assistant Manager

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Arden B in May 2010.

Interview Details – There was a face to face interview, then a background check, then a phon interview with the acting regional manager. Questions asked were about customer service shrink number, loss prevention, and how good are you at visual merchandising.

Interview Questions

• How good are you with customer service   View Answer
  • On a scale from 1-10 how good are you with visuals?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They do NOT allow you to negotiate the rate... it's basically either take it or leave it.

Worked for Arden B? Contribute to the Community!