ArdentMC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Maui Meadows, HI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ArdentMC in March 2013.

Interview Details – ArdentMC has a few guys in charge. It is a long and frustrating interview process that can take up to 3 months, so don't apply if you need something sooner. At first I interviewed with the CEO I believe, name was Jim. I was a perfect fit for the job. I had a portfolio of demonstrable work that aligned with their current requirements perfectly. They seemed very interested, but also seemed like they had all the time and options in the world. Eventually I was running out of time and requested a final decision before I took a different opportunity. They said they would get back to me by the end of the week for sure. The end of the week came and they never replied. I sent one final email (which was becoming a habit as they never initiate communication), to let them know I had to bow out and take something else. Jim called and said he really wanted me and would get me an answer by the next morning. Once again I never heard back from them.

The next week they called with a job offer, well too late. I already accepted something else. We agreed to keep in touch for future opportunities. They contacted me 6 months later out of the blue to see if I would reopen my status as a job applicant and consider them again. It worked out perfectly time wise from my current contract, but not from my current lease. I asked to work remotely for 3 months to wrap up things in my current home and they said that should be fine, but would get back to me. A week later they got back and said they didn't trust remote workers and that would not work out so to check back again in 6 more months.

6 months later my lease is up, my contract is up and I am finally free to give it another shot. I replied to both the hiring manager and CEO to let them know that this time I was completely able to move at the drop of a hat and ready to go. They didn't even bother to reply, but instead signed me up for email notifications to go sign in to their website and apply to open positions.

This is one of the worst companies I have ever interviewed for. They are very inconsiderate, don't care how much notice you have to sell your house or move your family, they want you there in two weeks to a month max. They are incredibly slow at responding, pretentious, and act as if they are offering you the world because of the location. Let me shed some light on the location though. Cost of living is very very high and the salary is only average for a developer. You can live on the salary, but it is not great for the area. I have also heard time and time again that you will develop island fever and return to the mainland. That is one of their biggest issues with people that come over.

Interview Question – None, pretty straight forwards, just make sure you know GIS if you are interested, but I highly discourage people from chasing this rabbit down the hole.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was not the greatest for the area. It was decent for a developer, but not for Hawaii cost of living. Also, they were so slow in responding that there were way too many red flags during the interview process that I felt it probably wouldn't be a great environment. They also comment about how much they work and are there late hours. I like having a life too.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

S/W Development Manager Interview

S/W Development Manager

I applied online and the process took a year or more - interviewed at ArdentMC.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a VP via email after submitting resume and cover letter. I immediately followed up to the email in order to arrange phone interview. I then did not hear back from them. I followed up, to make sure they received my email two times and did not hear back from them. Weeks later I receive an email, requesting to talk on the phone in an hour. I did the phone interview, during which the VP said he was going to be making a visit to this site in less then two months and he would like to talk in person. I followed up with emails, and again never heard back from the company. Then, just under a year later they contact me again asking to talk to me. I respond again, finally after a couple of weeks the gentleman says he is going to be on site and am in the vicinity to speak, I follow up and again I never hear back from them. What kind of a way to treat people is this?

Interview Question – The unexpected question was do you live where this site is located?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ArdentMC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ArdentMC interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by ArdentMC employees and interview candidates.