Ares Management Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2015

3.1

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ares Management (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was sought out by a recruiter, interviewed over the phone twice by their team in NYC, and then skyped with Recruiting Manager in DC. The company was actually very gracious about giving me a third interview. I ended up getting the stomach flu for my initial skype interview and they worked with me on setting up a second time frame. Most companies, won't do this.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to make a change? Do you have experience with booking travel arrangements? Have you worked with an international team of admins?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ares Management (Century City, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Very structured, interviewed with a recruiter, HR, chief and the vp of the department and 5 employees of various positions. Overall was an excellent experience, each person asked questions related to their expertise and how the job relates to what they do. I strongly suggest to make good research on who you will interview with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

generous offer by the company, but I let them know my expectation and range prior to the interview

Operations Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Interview

A phone interview was conducted and I was told I was a good fit. I started working one week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Management made me an offer, I counter offered and they declined. I ended up taking their initial offer.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ares Management (Century City, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Three interviews, one phone and two face-to-face
    Face-to-face was with the hiring manager, his VP, and the manager of desktop support.
    Second face to face was with the IT peers.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were unusually difficult. Some were vague, which requires fleshing out the answer with details. Questions like: If you had an unlimited budget, what network would you build using what equipment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty simple- they made a fair offer right away. They have a good understanding of what someone's experience and talent are worth.

Finance & Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ares Management (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I interviewed for a position which I have 15+ years of experience with multiple fortune 500 companies. The Interview consisted of 2 long story problems with about 5 or so questions for each problem. The test had nothing to do with the roll and contained lots of acronyms which you would only understand if you came from an investment banking background. Was not impressed with the interviewer and it was all I could do from not walking out. One of the worst interview experiences I have ever had.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ares Management (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

They conducted a phone interview followed by interviews with every member of the team on a one on one basis (no group interview). The questions were fairly standard around finance topics plus your usual fit questions. There were no case interviews of timed homework questions, which I know other firms use. I don't know if they have modified their interview techniques since then.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ares Management in September 2010.

Interview

Went through three rounds of interviews. People were nice and professional. The entire interview process took two hours because some people were running later.