Argo Data Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Argo Data (Richardson, TX).

Interview

I applied to a job posting on Indeed.com. About a week later, I received a call from HR and a telephone interview was scheduled for the next day. A week after that, an onsite interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. I returned the following week for two additional interviews: one with an executive and one with the peer group. Later that same week, I received an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Textbook

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Argo Data.

Interview

The process started with a screening phone call with recruiter for about 15 minutes he asked me about my salary expectation and availability, then a week later the recruiter called to schedule an onsite interview with manager and a lead which lasted about 30 minutes, there were not too many technical questions in this interview, for example they would ask if i know a tool, and how long i used it, but they did not ask any technical questions about it, the interview was mostly about my work experience, how to handle certain situations

Interview Questions

• Which project sare better suited fro Agile which are better suited for waterfall   Answer Question

Entry Level Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Argo Data (Las Cruces, NM) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called in after visiting their booth at a career fair. I was asked to write code to find the smallest value in an array. I was also asked to write html code to display an unordered list. I was asked if I was willing to relocate if hired. I was asked about the programming languages I was familiar with.

Interview Questions

• Write code to find the smallest number in an array.   1 Answer

This was my first interview. I have a follow up interview coming up in 3 days.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Argo Data in September 2014.

Interview

Round 1
    behavioral questions that were all very easy. I answered with excitement and thoughtfulness.
    Two weeks after i was contacted as i was selected for a second interview.
    Round 2
    technical exam was 30 questions that were all relatively easy with most of the questions on HTML. I completed them to the best of my ability. Immediately following was a group interview that was VERY DIFFICULT.
    technical interview (HTML, javascript) This technical group intereview was very hard and confusing.
    interview This interview was a mix of technical and behavioral . It went better than the other. They all were in the same day and lasted less than 3 hours total.

Certified Programmer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Argo Data.

Interview

They used a behavioral interview process, so the questions were more about situations that show your problem solving/teamwork/leadership skills than programming knowledge. They have a proprietary programming language so they can't really get into too much detail with the code. Be ready to tell them about a time when......

Negotiation

They were not willing to negotiate with me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Argo Data.

Interview

Had a friend on the inside. He forwarded my resume to HR and I got a call a few weeks later. HR person asked about my resume--standard stuff. Then he asked if I would need a visa sponsorship in the future. I said yes. A couple of days later, I got a call back from the HR person telling me that they don't sponsor working visas. Should've told them I don't need one yet.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions since it's just a phone screening interview   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Initially contacted by in internal recruiter. This was followed by an interview with the hiring manager on the phone. Finally, I had a face to face with the hiring manager and spoke with several other people in the office. I got to see some of the facilities, which were nice, and I was eventually contacted with a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall anything particularly difficult in terms of interview questions.   Answer Question

Certified Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Argo Data.

Interview

Panel interview, 2 on 1 with some more senior developers. Write down a few simple code blocks in whatever language you know to solve a basic problem. I did a for loop with like two variables. This is high school level stuff if you have been in a programming class before college. Seriously don't even study. Write a few SQL select statements.

Interview Questions

• Honestly I don't even remember, that's how dumb it was. I could have done this asleep. Smile and nod and you will get an offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate but the range is very small, basically within the range that is first agreed upon, you say high they say low and meet in the middle.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Argo Data (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Multiple interviews with required presentations and questions by supervisor and managers. Unfortunately, job specifics were "obmitted" from the interview. Performance of the team suffered due to lack of leadership.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work with minimum supervision?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple, very direct.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview first with 2 managers, then face to face with two managers. A lot of questions about SDLC and Business Analysis process.

Interview Questions

• specific technical requirements questions were a little difficult, but nothing too unexpected   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made an offer and i asked for a little more with regards to salary and got it. I tried to negotiate vacation but did not get that. Medical benefits are not very good.