Argo Tea

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Route Sales Representative Interview

Route Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Argo Tea.

Interview Details – Simple. You didn't have to have experience.

Barista Interview

Barista
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Argo Tea in August 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, basic questions

Interview Question – What does can your degree bring to Argo?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on wage

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Argo Tea.

Interview Details – Interview process included phone interview, first interview with senior management, and second interview with management of you peer, third interview with senior management. For the time I summited an application to the time there was an offer was 5 months.

Interview Question – Unrealistic scenario question   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Argo Tea.

Interview Details – Initially contacted employer through craigslist. Was initially contacted by phone by someone from human resources. She passed me on to an in-person interview at a local cafe. Interviewed for barista position with the general manager there, but was eventually offered management position based on experience and ambition. Interview was professional but informal, environment was relaxed. I remember being impressed by the focus on a quality product and quality people.

Interview Question – I was asked several different questions about tea, such as favorite blend, brewing process, what makes the "colors" of tea different and the like. I didn't know the answers to any of them, and was honest about it. It didn't affect my chances for hire.   Answer Question

Shift Leader Interview

Shift Leader
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Argo Tea in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview started 30 minutes late, so I sat around in the shop drinking water and staring around. Once the GM came over, she was very nice, apologized, and we started. We got along great, and she offered me a second interview after about an hour of talking.

They use this long checklist of things to talk about during an interview. It would be best for you to lead the conversation. They have so much to get through in an hour, keep the focus on you and not on their company checklist.

Interview Question – Why do you feel you would be a good fit for Argo Tea.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined because I have a strong retail background and this would have been a huge pay cut. I feel like I could have been happy there though, so if someone is interested and is already an entry-level manager. This might by the job for you.

The main reason I declined the offer was because of how unorganized Argo Tea seemed to be. Late for the interview, but also it took weeks for them to get back to me to set up a second interview. The voicemail system is almost non-existent. They only phone is in the manager's office, and thus you can leave a voicemail but there is no guarantee when they will check it.

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Interview

Marketing

The process took a day - interviewed at Argo Tea in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of reviewing my background and hypothetical scenarios. The company represents themselves as very diverse and open. Not necessarily, does not pertain to management. Was given no particular reason for no offer except they wanted someone different. Also, their pay is below competitive.

Interview Question – Describe how you would market the company, what's your marketing plan?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Argo Tea? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Argo Tea interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Argo Tea employees and interview candidates.