Argo Tea

Updated Nov 2, 2014
Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.3

Barista Interview

The interview process was easy going. The manager was very laid back through the interview and it was very casual. Lots of the questions were creative and meant to get a feel for your personality. The interview had some different standard questions mixed including questions about work history and strengths so on. Overall the interview was a very positive experience and only one was needed as my second interview was cancelled.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was the standard what is your weakness question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Argo Tea in October 2014.

I heard about a new Argo Tea through a recruiter online. She sent me to the new manager at the Natick Mall in Ma. When I got to his area, I found the Argo Tea store was just a booth that was getting ready to open.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Argo Tea.

They were very quick in reviewing my application and were very kind interviewers. Very relaxed. You have to go through two mangers interviews before you are to do a week of training. The training is to show what your skills are better suited for. You have to do drink preparation, baking and register training before you are told if you are hired.

Interview Questions

it was due to miscommunication.

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Argo Tea.

Simple. You didn't have to have experience.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Argo Tea.

Interview process included phone interview, first interview with senior management, and second interview with management of you peer, third interview with senior management. For the time I summited an application to the time there was an offer was 5 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Argo Tea in August 2013.

2 interviews, basic questions

No negotiation on wage

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Argo Tea.

Initially contacted employer through craigslist. Was initially contacted by phone by someone from human resources. She passed me on to an in-person interview at a local cafe. Interviewed for barista position with the general manager there, but was eventually offered management position based on experience and ambition. Interview was professional but informal, environment was relaxed. I remember being impressed by the focus on a quality product and quality people.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked several different questions about tea, such as favorite blend, brewing process, what makes the "colors" of tea different and the like. I didn't know the answers to any of them, and was honest about it. It didn't affect my chances for hire.   Answer Question

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Argo Tea in July 2010.

The interview started 30 minutes late, so I sat around in the shop drinking water and staring around. Once the GM came over, she was very nice, apologized, and we started. We got along great, and she offered me a second interview after about an hour of talking.

They use this long checklist of things to talk about during an interview. It would be best for you to lead the conversation. They have so much to get through in an hour, keep the focus on you and not on their company checklist.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you would be a good fit for Argo Tea.   View Answer

I declined because I have a strong retail background and this would have been a huge pay cut. I feel like I could have been happy there though, so if someone is interested and is already an entry-level manager. This might by the job for you.

The main reason I declined the offer was because of how unorganized Argo Tea seemed to be. Late for the interview, but also it took weeks for them to get back to me to set up a second interview. The voicemail system is almost non-existent. They only phone is in the manager's office, and thus you can leave a voicemail but there is no guarantee when they will check it.

Marketing Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Argo Tea in July 2011.

Interview consisted of reviewing my background and hypothetical scenarios. The company represents themselves as very diverse and open. Not necessarily, does not pertain to management. Was given no particular reason for no offer except they wanted someone different. Also, their pay is below competitive.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would market the company, what's your marketing plan?   Answer Question