Argos

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Customer Service Assistant
Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Argos in October 2011.

Interview Details – Was called for telephone interview by an employment agency, then went into store for proper interview a few days later. Questions were very straightforward. Was contacted later that day offering me the job.

Several colleagues hired before me had to undergo a group interview, which involved a variety of tests including building a bridge out of Lego, scanning two lists of catalogue numbers to look for mismatched numbers, and breaking into pairs and learning as much as possible about the other person in a limited time.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you have made a change to an established process.   Answer Question

Store Manager - Designate Interview

Store Manager - Designate

Interviewed at Argos

Interview Details – It was all very nice. Straight questions and answers. Lots of motivation questions but you can prepare for those. I would really focus on knowing your strengths and weaknesses as well as ensuring that you know about Argos brand and current plans for competing with online retailers.

Interview Question – Lots of questions re motivation as noted above so watch out for those.   Answer Question

Christmas Sales Temp Interview

Christmas Sales Temp
Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Argos in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied using in-store application form, received a call a week later with a few questions that took 5 mins, the questions were about why you want to work for Argos and how would you give the best customer service, he then arranged for a time for me to meet him in store the following week. When arriving for the in-store interview, i had to sign in and was led to a small office where he asked me a series of questions about different situations and how i would act apon them.

Interview Question – can't remember but be careful of how the situation questions are worded, they can put you off.   Answer Question

Customer Service Team Leader Interview

Customer Service Team Leader
Eastbourne, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Argos in September 2011.

Interview Details – Application form in store, telephone interview then formal interview

Interview Question – Best time I gave great customer service?   Answer Question

Costomer Advisor Interview

Costomer Advisor
Bury, North West England, England (UK)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Argos in August 2013.

Interview Details – not efficient or profesional

Interview Question – it wasn't difficult   View Answer

Cork (Ireland)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Argos in October 2010.

Interview Details – Questions usually involve what your doing with your life currently, why you want to work at Argos, have you ever worked as part of a team, share an experience as part of a team.

Generally they are looking for people that can hold a proper conversation as Argos is all about customer service so being able to communicate is essential.

Interview Question – When they ask you to describe an activity you undertook as part of a team. This a tricky one..   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Swansea, Wales (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Argos.

Interview Details – Apply in store when they are hiring. Get invited to a group interview where you need to complete a series of tasks such as design posters or sing songs depending on the manager. After that a job offer is made or not.

Interview Question – No notable questions out of the ordinary. Most difficult maybe "why do you want to join Argos"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations we offered

Customer Advisor
Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Argos in October 2009.

Interview Details – Initiation with submission of forms and CV followed by an interview conducted by a team lead or manager. next step involved induction and paid trial period of 2 months.

Interview Question – Dealing with difficult customers is always a challenge   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Argos.

Interview Details – interviews specially on the basis of refrences from employees and friends

Customer Advisor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Argos in September 2009.

Interview Details – Applied using paper application form and returned in store, later received a phone call asking me to a group interview. The group interview was with about 20 people, and lasted about an hour. We were asked to pair up and find out about the other person, then introduce them to the group. They were just looking to see how well we got on with new people, so just be friendly and ask lots of questions, try to find out as much as possible.
We were then put in small groups and asked to design a poster of things from the catalogue - here they were looking for people who worked well in a group and took a natural lead. We then had to present the poster to the group, try to take an active and vocal role rather than standing in the background being silent.
After this, I was called back and invited to a one to one interview with the manager. This involved pretty standard interview questions and was quite relaxed. I was then offered the job a few days later over the phone.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you have received good customer service?   Answer Question

Worked for Argos? Contribute to the Community!