Argos

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Christmas Sales Temp Interview

Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Argos in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied using in-store application form, received a call a week later with a few questions that took 5 mins, the questions were about why you want to work for Argos and how would you give the best customer service, he then arranged for a time for me to meet him in store the following week. When arriving for the in-store interview, i had to sign in and was led to a small office where he asked me a series of questions about different situations and how i would act apon them.

Interview Question – can't remember but be careful of how the situation questions are worded, they can put you off.   Answer Question

Customer Service Team Leader Interview

Eastbourne, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Argos in September 2011.

Interview Details – Application form in store, telephone interview then formal interview

Interview Question – Best time I gave great customer service?   Answer Question

Costomer Advisor Interview

Bury, North West England, England (UK)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Argos in August 2013.

Interview Details – not efficient or profesional

Interview Question – it wasn't difficult   View Answer

Cork (Ireland)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Argos in October 2010.

Interview Details – Questions usually involve what your doing with your life currently, why you want to work at Argos, have you ever worked as part of a team, share an experience as part of a team.

Generally they are looking for people that can hold a proper conversation as Argos is all about customer service so being able to communicate is essential.

Interview Question – When they ask you to describe an activity you undertook as part of a team. This a tricky one..   Answer Question

Swansea, Wales (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Argos.

Interview Details – Apply in store when they are hiring. Get invited to a group interview where you need to complete a series of tasks such as design posters or sing songs depending on the manager. After that a job offer is made or not.

Interview Question – No notable questions out of the ordinary. Most difficult maybe "why do you want to join Argos"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations we offered

Customer Advisor
Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Argos in October 2009.

Interview Details – Initiation with submission of forms and CV followed by an interview conducted by a team lead or manager. next step involved induction and paid trial period of 2 months.

Interview Question – Dealing with difficult customers is always a challenge   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Argos.

Interview Details – interviews specially on the basis of refrences from employees and friends

Customer Advisor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Argos in September 2009.

Interview Details – Applied using paper application form and returned in store, later received a phone call asking me to a group interview. The group interview was with about 20 people, and lasted about an hour. We were asked to pair up and find out about the other person, then introduce them to the group. They were just looking to see how well we got on with new people, so just be friendly and ask lots of questions, try to find out as much as possible.
We were then put in small groups and asked to design a poster of things from the catalogue - here they were looking for people who worked well in a group and took a natural lead. We then had to present the poster to the group, try to take an active and vocal role rather than standing in the background being silent.
After this, I was called back and invited to a one to one interview with the manager. This involved pretty standard interview questions and was quite relaxed. I was then offered the job a few days later over the phone.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you have received good customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Argos in September 2009.

Interview Details – Group interview into 1:1 no hard questions. easy

Interview Question – what is your name   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Argos in May 2009.

Interview Details – I handed an application form in and within a week i was interviewed for the job it was for a temporary xmas job. I didnt really get asked much just what i had been doing as i was out of work, what hours i could work as the more available you are the better chance you have, and what makes a good customer advisor which i replied saying making the customer happy is the main priority making ther experience in store a friendly quick process so they want to come back.

Interview Question – what makes a good customer advisor   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Argos? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Argos interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Argos employees and interview candidates.