Argus Information & Advisory Services

Argus Information & Advisory Services Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in May 2014.

I went through 3 phone calls and got an offer in a week. The interviews included basic personal experience, expectation on future job, industry knowledge, and a case. The company will consider you for different positions and ask about your preference.

Interview Questions
  • Describe one of your experience which indicated that you fit in the position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Argus Information & Advisory Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

The Hiring Process starts with a phone call from HR where they ask some general questions like "Why Argus?", etc etc. From there, a in site interview will be scheduled. If you drive to the office, they cover your parking expense which is great. If you take other means of transportation, you can get reimbursed.

Interview Questions
    • The questions fall under 3 categories:
      1. The General/ Basic interview questions: Strengths/weakness, Tell me about yourself, Why this company?, Why this specific role?, etc etc
      2. Behavioral Questions: What would you do if you were in this particular situation...?, How would you handle this situation...?
      3. Questions where they test how you think: Might be computational but its not about getting it right or wrong. They just want to know your thought process.

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

Initial phone screen. Then scheduled a skype interview with 3 members of the team.
    Basic questions about your resume and projects. Then a series of SQL questions about different statements

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in May 2013.

I had an interview over the phone in the beginning and called me for in person. While having phone interview , I have clearly mentioned them I'm recent graduate and don't have hands on skills in SQL. Unfortunately, there were some interviewers, they didn't even look at my profile and started asking me questions from Hard Core SQL. Even though I was applied for junior position. This was bad experience ever with this company.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me questions for the SQL developer position but I was applied for a Jr. Position. Never seen this type of company before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in March 2013.

I applied online. The interview process consists of 1 phone interview and 1 onsite interview. The phone interview is about technical expertise and onsite interview is about a case study and behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in December 2012.

Phone interview: ask about project experience on resume
    Onsite interview: met with 4 people from senior analyst to senior manager, been asked with all types of questions: resume, project, SQL, credit card, risk, and etc.

Interview Questions
    • How would you estimate the first month market demand in the U.S for the new iphone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in November 2011.

They had a total of four people interviewing each applicant, one is from HR and the rest are analysts. They gave several case interviews specific to the credit card industry. If you could, make sure you do extensive research on the industry, and think about questions such as what kind of people are most likely to occur credit card fees, how to identify them, etc. They also had a few brain teasers. They are easy as long as you still have a sharp mind after hours of interview. Also, go over your statistical knowledge such as R^2=1-SSE/SSTO.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a recent quantitative research project.   View Answer
    • How many balls of radius 10cm would fit in this room?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in June 2011.

I had three one on one interviews. They all combined case study, resume and fit questions. They are very interested in you knowing about how credit card companies work, how they make money, and what their expenses are.

The first interviewer's case study was about how much credit card companies make per person, per year. The interviewer walked me through the case study but kept using "insider" terms for things that I did not know, when a simpler term would have sufficed.

The second interviewer's case study was to determine how many light bulbs are sold in the united states in a year.

The third interviewer's case study was about what groups would be the most profitable to a credit card company. I was given four groups with information about their credit card habits and was then asked questions about these groups.

The resume and fit questions were the usual things. "Why do you want to work at Argus?", "Tell me about this part of your resume", "Do you have any programming experience?"

Interview Questions
    • How many light bulbs are sold to households in the United States in a year?   View Answers (2)
    • Which of these groups is the most profitable for a credit card company?

Group One: Uses the credit card a lot but never carries over a balance.

Group Two: Uses the credit card a lot and carries over a balance every month.

Group Three: Uses the credit card occasionally and carries over a balance every month.

Group Four: Never uses the credit card.

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in May 2011.

phone screening followed by in person interview

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in March 2011.

It was telephonic interview asking general question......:)

Interview Questions
    • Do you know anything about argus information   View Answer
    • Do you have any handon database experience   View Answer