Argus Information & Advisory Services

Argus Information & Advisory Services Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in May 2013.

I had an interview over the phone in the beginning and called me for in person. While having phone interview , I have clearly mentioned them I'm recent graduate and don't have hands on skills in SQL. Unfortunately, there were some interviewers, they didn't even look at my profile and started asking me questions from Hard Core SQL. Even though I was applied for junior position. This was bad experience ever with this company.

Interview Questions
  • Asked me questions for the SQL developer position but I was applied for a Jr. Position. Never seen this type of company before.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Argus Information & Advisory Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in March 2013.

I applied online. The interview process consists of 1 phone interview and 1 onsite interview. The phone interview is about technical expertise and onsite interview is about a case study and behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in May 2011.

phone screening followed by in person interview

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in November 2011.

They had a total of four people interviewing each applicant, one is from HR and the rest are analysts. They gave several case interviews specific to the credit card industry. If you could, make sure you do extensive research on the industry, and think about questions such as what kind of people are most likely to occur credit card fees, how to identify them, etc. They also had a few brain teasers. They are easy as long as you still have a sharp mind after hours of interview. Also, go over your statistical knowledge such as R^2=1-SSE/SSTO.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a recent quantitative research project.   View Answer
    • How many balls of radius 10cm would fit in this room?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in March 2011.

It was a positive experience. I was asked about joins

No negotiation done

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in December 2007.

Step 1: Phone interview, read up on the website and learn about teams

Step2: Onsite visit consisted of 1:1 with managing director, VP and manager - mostly puzzles and behavioural questions
    Details: Lookout for what if you were given a task like X , how would you approach it.
                   upate self with credit card issuers, proceses etc

Step3: HR round

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how did you handle a situation where you had to solve difference of opinions between two people reporting to you   Answer Question
    No negotiation was done, though others did get a higher pay scale and assured bonuses!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in March 2009.

Phone Interview
    Face to face interview with case studies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in July 2010.

After the Phone Interview , if you selected they will call for in office interview

Analyst Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in August 2010.

I was referred by an employee. They called me up an scheduled a phone interview which was on SQL for the technical side and more about what you know about the company. Got a call to attend F2F interview the following week. Yet to appear for it.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in October 2010.

Went through my resume and asked basic questions, like work history, why do you want to work for Argus, etc. The interview also consisted of a basic case study

Interview Questions
    • Case question: What is the market size for broadband internet in the early 90's   Answer Question