Argus Information & Advisory Services

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

3.1

Consulting Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

Started with general phone screen and also there was a call with a case question. Later, questions on previous work experience and later followed up with a hiring manager interview. They have a pre-set of questions. There was also a case question.

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

Did a phone 10min interview with HR and then was contacted to come in for face to face meetings. Meetings went well and no questions out of the ordinary. I got the sense that they had a very comfortable existence and we're not looking to move the company forward/looking to change very quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

Applied online and then was asked for a phone interview and then about a week later had Skype interview, would have been in person if i was closer to the actual office. During the Skype interview i talked to 3 different employees and then talked to their HR process about how the interview went. The interview block scheduled was 2 hours, i talked to each person for between 20-30 minutes. I was asked critical thing questions, about the credit card industries, my strengths and weaknesses, and if i had ever used Microsoft SQL before

Interview Questions
    • a lot of critical thinking questions. Like if you burned a rope from 2 sides how would you know when to stop when there was only 1/3 the rope that was not burned.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

I applied through college career website. Received call within 2 weeks. The first HR round was 30 min with questions about background, projects, etc.

Was called for face-to-face interview. Had three interviews of about 30 mins each with team lead and Managers. In first interview I was asked a lot of questions about the project I had done in my college and previous company. I was also given some SQL queries & math puzzles to solve. The Interviewer was not very friendly. The second round was mostly about the technical skills. Lot of questions about SQL were asked. Also some brain teasers were asked. The second interviewer was really friendly and guided me towards the right answer. The third and the last Behavioral interview was the worst! It was with the Manager who was very arrogant and disinterested in taking the interview! He asked questions about SQL first. When I answered, he tried to confuse a simple concept of unique key. When I explained him that, he used his own terms and explained me the same thing. Questions about no. crunching and estimation were asked. He interrupted every time I spoke and showed a very bad attitude! Its very rare that you come across such unhappy and arrogant interviewer.

Overall I could answer everything, but was sure from last interview that I would not receive the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Following questions were asked:
      Tell me about a time when you worked on multiple projects
      SQL queries all basic and advance - Select, Inner join, Sub-query, nested queries
      SQL query was given and asked if it was good or can be improved for performance
      Socks drawer brain teaser
      Some math puzzle of adding digit 8 certain no. of times to get 1000 and some conditions were given
      How many flights fly out of JFK everyday
      How many golf ball will fit in this room
      Tell me every step of data analysis

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in May 2014.

I went through 3 phone calls and got an offer in a week. The interviews included basic personal experience, expectation on future job, industry knowledge, and a case. The company will consider you for different positions and ask about your preference.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one of your experience which indicated that you fit in the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in May 2014.

- 1 phone screening with HR
    - interviewed with 4 people, 2 analysts from the team, the manager of the position and HR
    - interview lasted a little over 3 hrs
    - very prompt in calling back with an offer

Always negotiate

Technical Analyst Interview

interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in March 2014.

Interview was pretty simple and interviewers were very friendly. One small and simple interview followed by two technical interviews with two team managers. Basic SQL questions and quantitative analysis based questions.

Interview Questions
    • nothing I found difficult, every questions was simple. Quantitative analysis might be tricky and will be different for different interviwee.   Answer Question

Summer Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

I applied for the position through my university's job search website. I was contacted by a recruiter in a couple of weeks to schedule me for an initial round of interviews on phone. Phone interview was decent, behavioural questions mostly and then a couple of questions on credit card business. I think I did well, cuz i got selected for the second round of skype interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

The Hiring Process starts with a phone call from HR where they ask some general questions like "Why Argus?", etc etc. From there, a in site interview will be scheduled. If you drive to the office, they cover your parking expense which is great. If you take other means of transportation, you can get reimbursed.

Interview Questions
    • The questions fall under 3 categories:
      1. The General/ Basic interview questions: Strengths/weakness, Tell me about yourself, Why this company?, Why this specific role?, etc etc
      2. Behavioral Questions: What would you do if you were in this particular situation...?, How would you handle this situation...?
      3. Questions where they test how you think: Might be computational but its not about getting it right or wrong. They just want to know your thought process.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in February 2014.

Submitted resume via campus website. Someone from the HR called to schedule a phone interview. Then, had the phone interview. The interviewer asked some personality-fit question, then there was an analytical problem to solve. This wasn't hard. Then there was a brain teaser and then more personality fit questions.

Interview Questions
    • One of the brain teasers was difficult. It was something like: if there are 2 white socks and 8 black socks in a dark drawer, how many would you have to pick out to make sure you get at least pair.   Answer Question