Argus Information & Advisory Services

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in May 2013.

I had an interview over the phone in the beginning and called me for in person. While having phone interview , I have clearly mentioned them I'm recent graduate and don't have hands on skills in SQL. Unfortunately, there were some interviewers, they didn't even look at my profile and started asking me questions from Hard Core SQL. Even though I was applied for junior position. This was bad experience ever with this company.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me questions for the SQL developer position but I was applied for a Jr. Position. Never seen this type of company before.   Answer Question

Client Delivery Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in October 2013.

One phone interview and three on-site interviews.

Interview Questions
    • case question based on probability and a deck of 52 cards.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in February 2013.

I conducted exploratory interviews with the "Client Delivery" and "Data Operations" Senior Managers. It was a very professional process, and I received "red-carpet" treatment. Everyone I interviewed with was very forthcoming about the job, the requirements and expected work/life balance. All in all it was a phenomenal interview experience. I would recommend it to anyone. This seems like a great company.

Interview Questions
    • Define how you overcome personal technical limitations?   Answer Question
    Very open and friendly.

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in October 2011.

Quite different interview, though the position which I had been interviewed did not involve much of technical knowledge, I had been stressed on technical questions. Expect some kind of puzzles or riddle. I thought it was ridiculous and not needed

Interview Questions
    • What is a foreign key ? Can you change the foreign key ? If so How could you about doing so ?   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in September 2012.

Applied through my school's career services

Interview Questions
    • What are the factors affecting a consumer's choice of credit card?   Answer Question

Data Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in July 2011.

I received a phone interview. The gentlemen seemed depressed and monotone. He didn't express any emotion. The work culture seems arduous . He mentioned "Here at Argus we work a lot. 9-6 is a minimum. 10 hour days are the average." He asked me a total of 2-5 things and the interview did not seem to go well. It lasted 18 minutes with a 30 minute max.

Interview Questions
    • How many golf balls fit in a swimming pool?   View Answer
    • How does the credit card industry make money?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in November 2011.

They had a total of four people interviewing each applicant, one is from HR and the rest are analysts. They gave several case interviews specific to the credit card industry. If you could, make sure you do extensive research on the industry, and think about questions such as what kind of people are most likely to occur credit card fees, how to identify them, etc. They also had a few brain teasers. They are easy as long as you still have a sharp mind after hours of interview. Also, go over your statistical knowledge such as R^2=1-SSE/SSTO.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a recent quantitative research project.   View Answer
    • How many balls of radius 10cm would fit in this room?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in March 2013.

I applied online. The interview process consists of 1 phone interview and 1 onsite interview. The phone interview is about technical expertise and onsite interview is about a case study and behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in May 2011.

phone screening followed by in person interview

no negotiation

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

I applied through college career website. Received call within 2 weeks. The first HR round was 30 min with questions about background, projects, etc.

Was called for face-to-face interview. Had three interviews of about 30 mins each with team lead and Managers. In first interview I was asked a lot of questions about the project I had done in my college and previous company. I was also given some SQL queries & math puzzles to solve. The Interviewer was not very friendly. The second round was mostly about the technical skills. Lot of questions about SQL were asked. Also some brain teasers were asked. The second interviewer was really friendly and guided me towards the right answer. The third and the last Behavioral interview was the worst! It was with the Manager who was very arrogant and disinterested in taking the interview! He asked questions about SQL first. When I answered, he tried to confuse a simple concept of unique key. When I explained him that, he used his own terms and explained me the same thing. Questions about no. crunching and estimation were asked. He interrupted every time I spoke and showed a very bad attitude! Its very rare that you come across such unhappy and arrogant interviewer.

Overall I could answer everything, but was sure from last interview that I would not receive the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Following questions were asked:
      Tell me about a time when you worked on multiple projects
      SQL queries all basic and advance - Select, Inner join, Sub-query, nested queries
      SQL query was given and asked if it was good or can be improved for performance
      Socks drawer brain teaser
      Some math puzzle of adding digit 8 certain no. of times to get 1000 and some conditions were given
      How many flights fly out of JFK everyday
      How many golf ball will fit in this room
      Tell me every step of data analysis
        Answer Question