Argus Media

Argus Media Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Argus Media

Sales/Marketing Interview

Long- multiple face-to-face, ask for multiple recommendations, and background checks total take about 2 months to get hired on.

Sub Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Argus Media in March 2011.

Subbing test that involves cutting copy, erasing duplications, correcting formatting errors and standard spelling mistakes. Keep an eye on units (metres, etc).
    Writing test - write a 275 word story based on newswire feeds about an Opec meeting. Avoid the red herrings and focus on Opec production.
    Maths test - mental arithmetic. 12 questions in 12 minutes. Extremely easy. If you cannot get 100% in this, you don't deserve the job.

Interview Questions
    • None. Interview process is as unimaginative as the company.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Argus Media in September 2010.

Argus approached me on the recommendation of a former boss. Their initial offer bordered on insulting but the more I put them off, the more generous terms they offered. I underwent four interviews, three with managers who would soon leave the company. They flew me out to London during a period where the person I would replace was also present. At the time of my interview, I was informed that the individua I would replace was threatening to file a lawsuit against the Company. This should have set off an alarm but I bought Argus' version of the dispute.

Interview Questions
    • Can you manage a newsroom full of opinionated temperamental people with big egos?   View Answer
    The more I backed away, the more they offered. They later complained that I was overcompensated and tried to atone for this by curtailing my performance bonus. This is a privately owned company with a very temperamental micromanaging CEO who has little concern for the welfare or well-being of his employees. Without a doubt, the most miserable and demanding experience of my professional career.