Argus Software

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Argus Software

- Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Argus Software.

Interview process stared with screening than a behavioral type phone interview. I made it to the final round, a face-to-face interview which was very good. The hiring managers were very professional and laid back. As one of the finalists, I had to go through another final phone interview with someone from the parent company. I haven't heard from them since, and to be honest, I haven't even try to follow up. I didn't like the way the final interview was conducted and wasn't impressed with the type of questions asked. I assume that I did not impress either since I really lost enthusiasm during the interview given the lack of chemistry ... it just didn't click. Unfortunately, I had very good vibes from the first interview with the team which I was suppose to work with.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Argus Software in May 2012.

They are very open to phone interviews and you will likely not meet until an offer is being made or not. I had 2 levels of interviews over the phone, and then 3rd phone call to negotiate terms. Don't try to come off as an expert in the field if you aren't, and show that you are open to learn THEIR methods, and you'll do well.

Interview Questions
    • Questions in reference to agile versus RUP or waterfall IT development. Also industry specific questions.   Answer Question
    short.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took a weekinterviewed at Argus Software in January 2007.

They had a good technical interview process (initial phone interview with dev manager, then a phone interview with software engineers, then on on-site interview with specific product engineers). The interview process was straightforward and the offer was fair for the market, including bonuses.

Interview Questions

I was completing a project at my current company that was a good opportunity, so the timing just wasn't right.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Argus Software.

multiple interviews, first with director then with manager, third with technology director. The questions were pretty standard but what I didn't like was the lack of transparency. It was never disclosed to me that I would be mostly working with a remote team. The hiring manager made it sound I would occasionally be working with a remote team and that I'd mostly working with team members onsite. That wasn't the case. I found myself interacting virtually with team members all day.

Interview Questions
    I went through a recruiter. They tried to lowball me and offer me below the min I specified during the interview but I didn't accept that. They offered me the min I asked for.