Arhaus Furniture

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arhaus Furniture in April 2014.

I went through two rounds of interviews with different managers. Each time it took many back and forth phone calls to schedule anything and both times the interviewer was 45 minutes late to see me.

All questions were rather basic. They did have my resume so they knew much of my past before I arrived.

Interview took place on the floor and had many interruptions. It lasted about 75 minutes, but a total of 120 minutes with the lateness described.

The dress was business casual. Two interviewers at once.

I asked very specific questions about the poor customer and employee reviews the company has (knowing I may lose my chance of being hired) but was assured over and over that all of those reviews were exaggerated and false. NOT SO.

Interview Questions
  • None, really. All questions were basic... How would you approach a customer on the sales floor? What and why is your availability? Experience in sales? They did not seem to worried or ask much about any past design experience- which was weird for a design job.   View Answer
None at all. The company has three pay options and you just have to pick one.

Other Interview Reviews for Arhaus Furniture

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Arhaus Furniture in February 2013.

Interview process was both phone interview with recruiter and then in person with the Regional Manager. The in person interview was only 45 minutes and not much information was shared about the company or hours expectation. There was no mention of not getting weekends off and having to work every Sunday.

Interview Questions
    • No real surprises here but they do ask you to sell them somethng.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation because it is draw plus commission. They were not truthful about the commission and how it worked so need to ask lots of questions and get it in writing because they change it often.