Arhaus Furniture Interior Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2015

2.3

Interior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter at the corporate office. After a brief interview I was set up to meet the manager of the store I was interested in working at. After that interview I was set up to speak with the regional manager for the area. Overall very simple process.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest accomplishment at your most recent position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Arhaus Furniture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with store and regional manager and then personal interview with store manager. During the interview I was told things that did not come to pass. I was at the top of the sales associates in regards to sales when I left Arhaus. It still was not enough to make a living.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my past experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Understand clearly what you are in for and how much you will be paid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Easy Applied through Craigslist received a phone call after sending my resume (took her less than 2 hours to respond should of been a red flag) followed by a Skype interview (sweet girl) then one on one interview (the manager quit before store even opened)...........Then training in house for 2 weeks. Lots of information thrown at you. Computers are really slow.

Interview Questions

• Asked my background experience. Why, I would be a good fit? Asked if I consider management?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's all black and white Sell this much for base salary then make commission off sales

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture (Denver, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager, Cheryl in Cherry Creek after the initial phone interview. I thought I would go to find out specifics to that location, ie: based on previous employees, what a full time person could expect to make in your first few months to a year. I am taking into account, she told me she had worked there for 6 years, so she would have the knowledge. I understand no guarantees can be given and it would vary based on how aggressive one is, however, she would not say anything beyond, " I already told you, the salary and commission structure". Yes, she had, but the avoidance was a huge warning sign to me, to not pursue the position. After the other reviews on glassdoor, and my experience, I know I am better off.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really out of the ordinary. Although it would have been nice if it had started on time and not exceeded the time they said it would take.   1 Answer

Interior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture.

Interview

Rcvd call they received resume and scheduled a phone interview with HR. arranged interview date with general store manager for one wk later. Went then had another phone interview with the regional manger. Received a call from store manger with job offer about 1 week after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is relatively straightforward. They are looking for closers. The more sales experience you have, the better, The more interior design experience you have, better. Be very positive. That helps. The person interviewing is very nice. If you truly desire sales, you will get the job- no problem,

Interview Questions

• None. Job experience- did you fulfill all your sales quotas??   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You received their 3 month probation process and a regular salary. It is states that if you do not perform the position to their expectations, you will be let go after 3 months. Plain and simple.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture (Austin, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Pleasant interview process with 2 HR employees. They were very open and friendly. Honest about the negatives of the job. I did feel that they were unintentionally misleading about the part time salary...there is none. It is a draw against future commissions. That is not a base salary. The advertisements all stated that a part time sales specialist would receive a base pay of $33000 plus commission. This is not true! Even full timers only receive a $18000 base pay, possibly that is a draw too but I did not interview for that position. Overall, nice interview but the company needs to re-evaluate their pay structure and inform their HR about how they compensate. I sent several emails to HR requesting clarification and never heard back until the morning of my 2nd interview. I did not pursue the job further.

Interview Questions

• Well, we don't have a cleaning crew, so salespeople are required to help clean bathrooms, toilets, dust, vacuum. Are you okay with this?   Answer Question

See above

Interior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture in May 2012.

Interview

I was called by an in house recruiter..we did a phone interview followed by an in person interview with the regional manager...the regional manager showed up about a half hour late and the interview was odd. Offered the job within hours. I was told that I would have off a weekend a month. When I realized that was not happening I asked and was told that I had to request off and that it would not always be allowed. That the earning potential was $80k a year, they change the commission structure from what was explained to something different. Some people have to meet it some don;t ===check it out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

take the job immediately or leave it - I took it - my bad - not blaming anyone for my decision just want them investigated....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture (Troy, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Easy with the Store Manager and the District Manager

Interview Questions

• What was the worst experience you have ever had with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture (Denver, CO) in June 2009.

Interview

Typical interview. However, one of the more "gray" areas was the commission process. There seemed to be some questions reagarding the commission structure that even the manager of the store did not quite know how to handle or explain. It almost seemed to be an intentional vagueness in order to not be questioned or to be fully honest.

Interview Questions

• Why Arhaus? You seemed to be quite over qualified for this position. Do you mind cleaning the bathrooms and doing general store maintenance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very basic. I answered yes.