Arhaus Furniture Interior Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.3

Interior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arhaus Furniture (Troy, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Easy with the Store Manager and the District Manager

Interview Questions

• What was the worst experience you have ever had with a customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Arhaus Furniture

Interior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Arhaus Furniture in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online--for a new store opening in my town. Had never heard of it but was called and invited to visit another location that wasn't far from my home to speak with a visiting HR person. I did. I gave her a resume and did a brief question and answer session. I was impressed with her and the look of the store I visited. She set up a telephone interview for the following week with a regional manager. I completed that phone interview and was told I was a very good canidate---then nothing happened for a few weeks--then the new store manager asked if I could come in and meet him at the new location..I did and he hired me.

Interior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arhaus Furniture (Denver, CO) in June 2009.

Interview

Typical interview. However, one of the more "gray" areas was the commission process. There seemed to be some questions reagarding the commission structure that even the manager of the store did not quite know how to handle or explain. It almost seemed to be an intentional vagueness in order to not be questioned or to be fully honest.

Interview Questions

• Why Arhaus? You seemed to be quite over qualified for this position. Do you mind cleaning the bathrooms and doing general store maintenance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very basic. I answered yes.

Interior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arhaus Furniture (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Easy Applied through Craigslist received a phone call after sending my resume (took her less than 2 hours to respond should of been a red flag) followed by a Skype interview (sweet girl) then one on one interview (the manager quit before store even opened)...........Then training in house for 2 weeks. Lots of information thrown at you. Computers are really slow.

Interview Questions

• Asked my background experience. Why, I would be a good fit? Asked if I consider management?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's all black and white Sell this much for base salary then make commission off sales

Interior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Arhaus Furniture.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter at the corporate office. After a brief interview I was set up to meet the manager of the store I was interested in working at. After that interview I was set up to speak with the regional manager for the area. Overall very simple process.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest accomplishment at your most recent position?   Answer Question

Interior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arhaus Furniture.

Interview

Rcvd call they received resume and scheduled a phone interview with HR. arranged interview date with general store manager for one wk later. Went then had another phone interview with the regional manger. Received a call from store manger with job offer about 1 week after that.

Interior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Arhaus Furniture (Denver, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager, Cheryl in Cherry Creek after the initial phone interview. I thought I would go to find out specifics to that location, ie: based on previous employees, what a full time person could expect to make in your first few months to a year. I am taking into account, she told me she had worked there for 6 years, so she would have the knowledge.

I understand no guarantees can be given and it would vary based on how aggressive one is, however, she would not say anything beyond, " I already told you, the salary and commission structure". Yes, she had, but the avoidance was a huge warning sign to me, to not pursue the position.

After the other reviews on glassdoor, and my experience, I know I am better off.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really out of the ordinary. Although it would have been nice if it had started on time and not exceeded the time they said it would take.   1 Answer

Interior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arhaus Furniture (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is relatively straightforward. They are looking for closers. The more sales experience you have, the better, The more interior design experience you have, better. Be very positive. That helps. The person interviewing is very nice. If you truly desire sales, you will get the job- no problem,

Interview Questions

• None. Job experience- did you fulfill all your sales quotas??   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You received their 3 month probation process and a regular salary. It is states that if you do not perform the position to their expectations, you will be let go after 3 months. Plain and simple.

Interior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arhaus Furniture in May 2012.

Interview

I was called by an in house recruiter..we did a phone interview followed by an in person interview with the regional manager...the regional manager showed up about a half hour late and the interview was odd. Offered the job within hours. I was told that I would have off a weekend a month. When I realized that was not happening I asked and was told that I had to request off and that it would not always be allowed. That the earning potential was $80k a year, they change the commission structure from what was explained to something different. Some people have to meet it some don;t ===check it out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

take the job immediately or leave it - I took it - my bad - not blaming anyone for my decision just want them investigated....

Interior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arhaus Furniture (Austin, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Pleasant interview process with 2 HR employees. They were very open and friendly. Honest about the negatives of the job. I did feel that they were unintentionally misleading about the part time salary...there is none. It is a draw against future commissions. That is not a base salary. The advertisements all stated that a part time sales specialist would receive a base pay of $33000 plus commission. This is not true! Even full timers only receive a $18000 base pay, possibly that is a draw too but I did not interview for that position. Overall, nice interview but the company needs to re-evaluate their pay structure and inform their HR about how they compensate. I sent several emails to HR requesting clarification and never heard back until the morning of my 2nd interview. I did not pursue the job further.

Interview Questions

• Well, we don't have a cleaning crew, so salespeople are required to help clean bathrooms, toilets, dust, vacuum. Are you okay with this?   Answer Question

See above