Arhaus Furniture Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arhaus Furniture in June 2014.

Easy Applied through Craigslist received a phone call after sending my resume (took her less than 2 hours to respond should of been a red flag) followed by a Skype interview (sweet girl) then one on one interview (the manager quit before store even opened)...........Then training in house for 2 weeks. Lots of information thrown at you. Computers are really slow.

Interview Questions
    • Asked my background experience. Why, I would be a good fit? Asked if I consider management?   View Answer
    It's all black and white Sell this much for base salary then make commission off sales

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arhaus Furniture in April 2014.

I went through two rounds of interviews with different managers. Each time it took many back and forth phone calls to schedule anything and both times the interviewer was 45 minutes late to see me.

All questions were rather basic. They did have my resume so they knew much of my past before I arrived.

Interview took place on the floor and had many interruptions. It lasted about 75 minutes, but a total of 120 minutes with the lateness described.

The dress was business casual. Two interviewers at once.

I asked very specific questions about the poor customer and employee reviews the company has (knowing I may lose my chance of being hired) but was assured over and over that all of those reviews were exaggerated and false. NOT SO.

Interview Questions
    • None, really. All questions were basic... How would you approach a customer on the sales floor? What and why is your availability? Experience in sales? They did not seem to worried or ask much about any past design experience- which was weird for a design job.   View Answer
    None at all. The company has three pay options and you just have to pick one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Arhaus Furniture in November 2013.

I interviewed with the store manager, Cheryl in Cherry Creek after the initial phone interview. I thought I would go to find out specifics to that location, ie: based on previous employees, what a full time person could expect to make in your first few months to a year. I am taking into account, she told me she had worked there for 6 years, so she would have the knowledge.

I understand no guarantees can be given and it would vary based on how aggressive one is, however, she would not say anything beyond, " I already told you, the salary and commission structure". Yes, she had, but the avoidance was a huge warning sign to me, to not pursue the position.

After the other reviews on glassdoor, and my experience, I know I am better off.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really out of the ordinary. Although it would have been nice if it had started on time and not exceeded the time they said it would take.   View Answer

FT Sales/Designer Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Barrington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Barrington, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arhaus Furniture in September 2013.

Contacted by corporate, interview with store manager went extremely well, 2nd interview with district manager was short and rather unprofessional, held on the sales floor on a busy day.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem cleaning the store restrooms as part of your job?   View Answer

Arhaus Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arhaus Furniture.

Meet with regional, then with an HR person. He was wonderful. HR person was a bit "odd" looked, acted and dressed like a cheerleader, with a fake tan to boot.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you? How can you help me succeed? Do you have a problem working every weekend & cleaning store every day?   View Answer
    There was not much negotiating. I asked for a better position, they budged just a little.

Interior Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arhaus Furniture.

Rcvd call they received resume and scheduled a phone interview with HR. arranged interview date with general store manager for one wk later. Went then had another phone interview with the regional manger. Received a call from store manger with job offer about 1 week after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arhaus Furniture in March 2013.

The hiring process is relatively straightforward. They are looking for closers. The more sales experience you have, the better, The more interior design experience you have, better. Be very positive. That helps. The person interviewing is very nice. If you truly desire sales, you will get the job- no problem,

Interview Questions
    • None. Job experience- did you fulfill all your sales quotas??   View Answer
    No negotiation. You received their 3 month probation process and a regular salary. It is states that if you do not perform the position to their expectations, you will be let go after 3 months. Plain and simple.

Interior Design Specialist-sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Arhaus Furniture.

Phone interview then in person interview with Store manager. There will be at least 3 in person.

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Arhaus Furniture in February 2013.

Interview process was both phone interview with recruiter and then in person with the Regional Manager. The in person interview was only 45 minutes and not much information was shared about the company or hours expectation. There was no mention of not getting weekends off and having to work every Sunday.

Interview Questions
    • No real surprises here but they do ask you to sell them somethng.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation because it is draw plus commission. They were not truthful about the commission and how it worked so need to ask lots of questions and get it in writing because they change it often.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arhaus Furniture in February 2013.

Pleasant interview process with 2 HR employees. They were very open and friendly. Honest about the negatives of the job. I did feel that they were unintentionally misleading about the part time salary...there is none. It is a draw against future commissions. That is not a base salary. The advertisements all stated that a part time sales specialist would receive a base pay of $33000 plus commission. This is not true! Even full timers only receive a $18000 base pay, possibly that is a draw too but I did not interview for that position. Overall, nice interview but the company needs to re-evaluate their pay structure and inform their HR about how they compensate. I sent several emails to HR requesting clarification and never heard back until the morning of my 2nd interview. I did not pursue the job further.

Interview Questions
    • Well, we don't have a cleaning crew, so salespeople are required to help clean bathrooms, toilets, dust, vacuum. Are you okay with this?   Answer Question

See above