Arhaus Furniture Interview Questions

2.3

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Arhaus Furniture in April 2014.

I went through two rounds of interviews with different managers. Each time it took many back and forth phone calls to schedule anything and both times the interviewer was 45 minutes late to see me.

All questions were rather basic. They did have my resume so they knew much of my past before I arrived.

Interview took place on the floor and had many interruptions. It lasted about 75 minutes, but a total of 120 minutes with the lateness described.

The dress was business casual. Two interviewers at once.

I asked very specific questions about the poor customer and employee reviews the company has (knowing I may lose my chance of being hired) but was assured over and over that all of those reviews were exaggerated and false. NOT SO.

Interview Questions
    • None, really. All questions were basic... How would you approach a customer on the sales floor? What and why is your availability? Experience in sales? They did not seem to worried or ask much about any past design experience- which was weird for a design job.   View Answer
    None at all. The company has three pay options and you just have to pick one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arhaus Furniture in March 2013.

The hiring process is relatively straightforward. They are looking for closers. The more sales experience you have, the better, The more interior design experience you have, better. Be very positive. That helps. The person interviewing is very nice. If you truly desire sales, you will get the job- no problem,

Interview Questions
    • None. Job experience- did you fulfill all your sales quotas??   View Answer
    No negotiation. You received their 3 month probation process and a regular salary. It is states that if you do not perform the position to their expectations, you will be let go after 3 months. Plain and simple.

Sales Person Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Arhaus Furniture in June 2011.

They promise that you will make 60-100k per year with no problem which is impossible because they set the monthly goal so high and have so many people competing for customers! They hire ANYONE who can put a sentence together and that is the reason people leave!!

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask me any difficult questions. They were hiring people in droves just to have plenty of people in the store. They know that most people quit after a few months because they discover that they won't make any money.   View Answer
    I needed a job at the time that allowed me to have flexible hours. I couldn't wait to quit.

Interior Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arhaus Furniture in May 2012.

I was called by an in house recruiter..we did a phone interview followed by an in person interview with the regional manager...the regional manager showed up about a half hour late and the interview was odd. Offered the job within hours. I was told that I would have off a weekend a month. When I realized that was not happening I asked and was told that I had to request off and that it would not always be allowed. That the earning potential was $80k a year, they change the commission structure from what was explained to something different. Some people have to meet it some don;t ===check it out.

Interview Questions
    take the job immediately or leave it - I took it - my bad - not blaming anyone for my decision just want them investigated....

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Arhaus Furniture in November 2013.

I interviewed with the store manager, Cheryl in Cherry Creek after the initial phone interview. I thought I would go to find out specifics to that location, ie: based on previous employees, what a full time person could expect to make in your first few months to a year. I am taking into account, she told me she had worked there for 6 years, so she would have the knowledge.

I understand no guarantees can be given and it would vary based on how aggressive one is, however, she would not say anything beyond, " I already told you, the salary and commission structure". Yes, she had, but the avoidance was a huge warning sign to me, to not pursue the position.

After the other reviews on glassdoor, and my experience, I know I am better off.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really out of the ordinary. Although it would have been nice if it had started on time and not exceeded the time they said it would take.   View Answer

FT Sales/Designer Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Barrington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Barrington, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arhaus Furniture in September 2013.

Contacted by corporate, interview with store manager went extremely well, 2nd interview with district manager was short and rather unprofessional, held on the sales floor on a busy day.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem cleaning the store restrooms as part of your job?   View Answer

Arhaus Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arhaus Furniture.

Meet with regional, then with an HR person. He was wonderful. HR person was a bit "odd" looked, acted and dressed like a cheerleader, with a fake tan to boot.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you? How can you help me succeed? Do you have a problem working every weekend & cleaning store every day?   View Answer
    There was not much negotiating. I asked for a better position, they budged just a little.

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Arhaus Furniture in February 2013.

Interview process was both phone interview with recruiter and then in person with the Regional Manager. The in person interview was only 45 minutes and not much information was shared about the company or hours expectation. There was no mention of not getting weekends off and having to work every Sunday.

Interview Questions
    • No real surprises here but they do ask you to sell them somethng.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation because it is draw plus commission. They were not truthful about the commission and how it worked so need to ask lots of questions and get it in writing because they change it often.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Arhaus Furniture in September 2012.

one of the worst companies i've ever worked for. they have really nice furniture, mostly made in the U.S. and their prices reflect that. my gripe is, their managers make all the sales, and the store manager looks the other way as managers steal sales away from salespeople. They also never tell you in the interview that you will be responsible for cleaning the entire store, including bathrooms, during the interview.

Interior Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arhaus Furniture.

Rcvd call they received resume and scheduled a phone interview with HR. arranged interview date with general store manager for one wk later. Went then had another phone interview with the regional manger. Received a call from store manger with job offer about 1 week after that.

Interview Questions

Worked for Arhaus Furniture? Contribute to the Community!