Ariba

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ariba in January 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR recruiter to discuss the job in general, Ariba benefits and my current company/position and salary. This was followed by a 15 minute phone interview with a current member of the team - this focused on skills and duties related to my current position.

Several weeks later, I received a follow up from the recruiter stating that I was selected for an in-person interview. This consisted of being walked around to five different rooms for separate 30-minute interviews with a member of the team or a member of management. Each interviewer asked pretty much the same questions - mostly related to personality/behavior. They did not seem to be particularly interested in my current position. I got the impression that they have a very small application pool and had already decided that I would be hired (unless I sail or did something incredibly stupid during the interview). My later experience with the team has all but confirmed this as finding qualified candidates has proven very difficult for the team.

After following up with the recruiter 5 or 6 times, I was finally offered the job about a month and a half after the interview.

Interview Question – I was asked to present live examples of SQL and explain what various techniques meant (e.g., inner/outer join, etc).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary offered was 50% above what I had been making (albeit at a very small company compared to Ariba). I didn't feel like there was much point in negotiating since they made a pretty strong offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ariba in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview by recruiter
Phone interview with Hiring manager
Technical interview onsite

Interview Question – Implement threaded trees   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Heard that the work is not good. Its all about bug fixing.

Insurance Verification Specialist Interview

Insurance Verification Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ariba in February 2013.

Interview Details – A lot of background info on the company. very odd interview, since it was all done online. process seemed to go very quickly

Interview Question – not many hard questions. hardest had to be "how are you at work?"... very open ended question. they seemed to want me to either really praise myself or really berate myself   Answer Question

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Customer Support Specialist

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Ariba.

Interview Details – Applied online, got contacted about a week later, 10 minute phone interview with hr, on site interview with 2 team lead, later on-site interview with hiring manager.

Interview Question – Nothing, pretty easy. The pay is unbelievably low   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ariba in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR and asked basic questions about my education and work history.
Next was a brief phone screen with hiring manager to determine if I would be brought in for a on-site interview. The on-site interview involved 2 senior members of the team and 2 managers all done 1-1

Interview Question – The interview had the standard technical questions and then some behavioral questions. The behavioral questions are open ended and forced you to explain with examples how you handled certain situations.   Answer Question

Mid Level Corporate Position Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ariba in June 2013.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by HR to check my interest in a position. After, a call with the hiring manager was scheduled via phone. Very standard questions were asked along my interest in the role and company. Next was the in person interview with three team members of about an hour each. Questions were fairly thoughtful and targeted based on my experience and what they were looking for. Overall, nice people and fairly quick process. Neutral experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want this specific position?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at Ariba

Interview Details – First interview with 2 folks in India; second round with 6 persons in sunnyvale; 3rd round with 3 persons in sunnyvale. Questions are fairly easy

Interview Question – Questions are fairly easy   Answer Question

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Customer Support Specialist
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Ariba.

Interview Details – The HR representative was extremely communicative and checked in all the time to let me know if there were any updates. My first impression was that it was a great company where one could grow, though there were a few things that turned out to be not true. However, the initial interview with the recruiter was the most pleasant and friendly. The second interview with the team leads was standard. The third interview with upper management was very impersonal and cold. Upper management seemed to be going through the motions and was not genuinely interested in being part of the process.

Interview Question – There weren't many difficult or unexpected questions for this interview, but they were extremely focused on how well you adapt to technology and learn new programs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation. It was extremely disappointing. I took an $8,000 a year pay-cut thinking it was for the short-term, when it wasn't.

Performance Engineer Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ariba in March 2013.

Interview Details – 45 minutes with the manager. Followed by 2 interviews with india over the phone. And on site face to face interview with system engineers, team mates and the hiding manager

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. But lots linux google questions. There was an Indian engineer, he literally put me on a wall and started to bombard with standart linux questions. He was asking questions he recently learned. Never.answered any od my questions.   Answer Question
  • What is the command to find linux version? Give me a break.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ariba.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter after submitting my resume online. They contacted very quickly and did a pre-assessment. After that call interviews with team members were scheduled. They scheduled 4 or 5 meetings with potential colleagues. After this first round there was dialog among the team then I was passed on round 2 with the team managers. After I interviewed with the team managers there was more deliberation for a week or two before I was called back. During this time I maintained good contact with the recruiter - communicating constantly.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you monitored the system and caught an error in advance.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked early on what I was looking for. We were on the same page from the beginning so the offer was not one I needed to counter.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ariba

Worked for Ariba? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ariba interview questions and advice. All 65 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ariba employees and interview candidates.