Ariba Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

3.1

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Ariba (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The HR representative was extremely communicative and checked in all the time to let me know if there were any updates. My first impression was that it was a great company where one could grow, though there were a few things that turned out to be not true. However, the initial interview with the recruiter was the most pleasant and friendly. The second interview with the team leads was standard. The third interview with upper management was very impersonal and cold. Upper management seemed to be going through the motions and was not genuinely interested in being part of the process.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many difficult or unexpected questions for this interview, but they were extremely focused on how well you adapt to technology and learn new programs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. It was extremely disappointing. I took an $8,000 a year pay-cut thinking it was for the short-term, when it wasn't.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ariba (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. After a week technical phone interview. Pretty basic questions. Everything from Glassdoor. A month later there were 2 on site interviews 1 hour each. Again most of the questions from Glassdoor.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ariba.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after submitting my resume online. They contacted very quickly and did a pre-assessment. After that call interviews with team members were scheduled. They scheduled 4 or 5 meetings with potential colleagues. After this first round there was dialog among the team then I was passed on round 2 with the team managers. After I interviewed with the team managers there was more deliberation for a week or two before I was called back. During this time I maintained good contact with the recruiter - communicating constantly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you monitored the system and caught an error in advance.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked early on what I was looking for. We were on the same page from the beginning so the offer was not one I needed to counter.

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ariba (Redwood City, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

45 minutes with the manager. Followed by 2 interviews with india over the phone. And on site face to face interview with system engineers, team mates and the hiding manager

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. But lots linux google questions. There was an Indian engineer, he literally put me on a wall and started to bombard with standart linux questions. He was asking questions he recently learned. Never.answered any od my questions.   Answer Question
    • What is the command to find linux version? Give me a break.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ariba (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

applied online . had 1 phone and then an onsite . phone interview was simple -couple of algo routine questions - finding min ele in stack , some DB questions

onsite had 4 rounds
    was asked abt blocking queue . wasnt too familiar with that .was asked to implement a simple producer / consumer prob , which I did - had studied it the prev day ., but the interviewer wasnt too satisfied with it .
    implement LL w/o using the builtin collection
    binary search , find max continuous sum in array , cycle in linked list

overall questions werent too hard , i didnt answer java specific questions all that well and made a blunder when asked abt my project . probably the reason why i didnt get it .

Interview Questions

• nothing in specific , blocking queue in java . java is too vast to know everything !!   Answer Question

Insurance Verification Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ariba in February 2013.

Interview

A lot of background info on the company. very odd interview, since it was all done online. process seemed to go very quickly

Interview Questions

• not many hard questions. hardest had to be "how are you at work?"... very open ended question. they seemed to want me to either really praise myself or really berate myself   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ariba (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted right away by the recruiter, who was very professional and up front the whole way through the process. I had the typical HR phone screen, then the phone interview with the hiring manager, then a panel of interviews a couple of weeks later with various peers that took half a day. The process was very thorough, but was not very considerate of someone who has a full-time job while interviewing. I had to make arrangements to be away from my job 3 separate times during the process.

I interviewed with people in Atlanta and Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh people did not impress me. They all appeared to be in their mid-30s and had all worked there since the company was a start-up, and as a result, they did not come across as having any real world experience. They gave the impression of flying by the seat of their pants without really knowing what they were supposed to be doing. One person did not turn the lights on in her office while she was interviewing me! Very unprofessional. They need some senior people to come in and mentor them.

Because of the vibe I got, I was having serious doubts about continuing on with the process. I didn't feel like I was a great fit for the position anyway. When HR called to tell me I did not get the job, I can't say I was terribly disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ariba (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter.
    Phone interview with hiring manager.
    On site interviews with 4 other managers from different functional areas.
    All very professional and positive.
    Recruiter kept me up to date all along the way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about change management.
      (very broad and unspecific)

Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate but I received a counter offer from current employer. Ariba increased their offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ariba (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied online and contacted by recruiter first for performance engineer role first. They have a very lengthy and indepth technical interview process. I had to speak with two engineers from Banglore,India first. After that I was invited onsite in Sunnyvale. I had 6 rounds there, I got to know i may be called again onsite for 2-3 interviews if the position wasn't a very good match but if i happen to be a fit for Ariba. I got to know from recruiter that I don't have enough experience for performance engineer position, So I had to go onsite again to talk with two SW development managers to find a better match for developer position.

Interview Questions

• Can't disclose the questions. But for me, there was high conncentation in core JAVA, multi threading, Operating Systems (Memory Management specifically), Datastructures (not to limited to stacks,trees,linkedlists be prepared to answer in threaded and n-ary trees as well), SQL join related queries and there was a question related to a specific scenario in of the teams related to database pooling and policies to related to how would you implement a queue in such scenarios to process the user requests. I don't exactly remember this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, since I had another offer

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ariba (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 3 interviews; A prescreen phone interview that's conducted by HR. A few days later I then had a face to face 2 person panel style interview with HR. About a week later from that I got called back for another round of interviews. This time I was set to be interviewed by 3 separate people; Team lead, Team manager, Ops manager. All the interviews went very well. I kept in contact with the original HR person that I had a phone interview with. All his email replies were very prompt but he stated he would keep updated on the job offer. I was kept in limbo for some time. I was never sent an email afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were surprised by something and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question