Ariba Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ariba in February 2013.

applied online . had 1 phone and then an onsite . phone interview was simple -couple of algo routine questions - finding min ele in stack , some DB questions

onsite had 4 rounds
    was asked abt blocking queue . wasnt too familiar with that .was asked to implement a simple producer / consumer prob , which I did - had studied it the prev day ., but the interviewer wasnt too satisfied with it .
    implement LL w/o using the builtin collection
    binary search , find max continuous sum in array , cycle in linked list

overall questions werent too hard , i didnt answer java specific questions all that well and made a blunder when asked abt my project . probably the reason why i didnt get it .

Interview Questions
    • nothing in specific , blocking queue in java . java is too vast to know everything !!   Answer Question

Insurance Verification Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ariba in February 2013.

A lot of background info on the company. very odd interview, since it was all done online. process seemed to go very quickly

Interview Questions
    • not many hard questions. hardest had to be "how are you at work?"... very open ended question. they seemed to want me to either really praise myself or really berate myself   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ariba.

Applied online and was contacted right away by the recruiter, who was very professional and up front the whole way through the process. I had the typical HR phone screen, then the phone interview with the hiring manager, then a panel of interviews a couple of weeks later with various peers that took half a day. The process was very thorough, but was not very considerate of someone who has a full-time job while interviewing. I had to make arrangements to be away from my job 3 separate times during the process.

I interviewed with people in Atlanta and Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh people did not impress me. They all appeared to be in their mid-30s and had all worked there since the company was a start-up, and as a result, they did not come across as having any real world experience. They gave the impression of flying by the seat of their pants without really knowing what they were supposed to be doing. One person did not turn the lights on in her office while she was interviewing me! Very unprofessional. They need some senior people to come in and mentor them.

Because of the vibe I got, I was having serious doubts about continuing on with the process. I didn't feel like I was a great fit for the position anyway. When HR called to tell me I did not get the job, I can't say I was terribly disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were standard behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ariba.

Phone interview with recruiter.
    Phone interview with hiring manager.
    On site interviews with 4 other managers from different functional areas.
    All very professional and positive.
    Recruiter kept me up to date all along the way.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about change management.
      (very broad and unspecific)
        Answer Question
    Did not try to negotiate but I received a counter offer from current employer. Ariba increased their offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ariba in December 2012.

I applied online and contacted by recruiter first for performance engineer role first. They have a very lengthy and indepth technical interview process. I had to speak with two engineers from Banglore,India first. After that I was invited onsite in Sunnyvale. I had 6 rounds there, I got to know i may be called again onsite for 2-3 interviews if the position wasn't a very good match but if i happen to be a fit for Ariba. I got to know from recruiter that I don't have enough experience for performance engineer position, So I had to go onsite again to talk with two SW development managers to find a better match for developer position.

Interview Questions
    • Can't disclose the questions. But for me, there was high conncentation in core JAVA, multi threading, Operating Systems (Memory Management specifically), Datastructures (not to limited to stacks,trees,linkedlists be prepared to answer in threaded and n-ary trees as well), SQL join related queries and there was a question related to a specific scenario in of the teams related to database pooling and policies to related to how would you implement a queue in such scenarios to process the user requests. I don't exactly remember this.   Answer Question
    Yes, since I had another offer

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ariba in March 2012.

The hiring process consisted of 3 interviews; A prescreen phone interview that's conducted by HR. A few days later I then had a face to face 2 person panel style interview with HR. About a week later from that I got called back for another round of interviews. This time I was set to be interviewed by 3 separate people; Team lead, Team manager, Ops manager. All the interviews went very well. I kept in contact with the original HR person that I had a phone interview with. All his email replies were very prompt but he stated he would keep updated on the job offer. I was kept in limbo for some time. I was never sent an email afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were surprised by something and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ariba in May 2011.

Great interviews with great people. Most of the challenge stemmed from my lack of experience with procurement.

I was luke warm on the company at the beginning of the process. They did a great job selling themselves.

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ariba in May 2011.

I was contacted by HR and asked basic questions about my education and work history.
    Next was a brief phone screen with hiring manager to determine if I would be brought in for a on-site interview. The on-site interview involved 2 senior members of the team and 2 managers all done 1-1

Interview Questions
    • The interview had the standard technical questions and then some behavioral questions. The behavioral questions are open ended and forced you to explain with examples how you handled certain situations.   Answer Question

Market Maker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Ariba in June 2010.

I had three interviews and it went very well. The HR process always takes much longer than you think, but even this was bordering on disrespectful. I believe things have gotten better as of late.

Interview Questions
    • When I interviewed it was more about how you would approach a problem as opposed to coming up with the right answer. They asked things like "How many golf balls would fit into a 747?"   View Answer
    No negotiation

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ariba in February 2010.

I was first contacted by an outside recruiter. He gathered all the information needed and told me that I don't need to have hands on Java experience and passed on the feedback to internal recruiter.

The internal guy promptly contacted me and also stressed that I don't need to be currently working on Java technologies in my current job and don't need to have recent Java experience. Everything went well, then get to talk to the hiring manager for almost 10-15 minutes...generally about what I have been doing at my current job...that's it. Then 2 days later, I get a call that they talked to the team and decided to rewrite the Req and it now requires a solid Java background. Really?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why did you waste my time? I was not even looking for a job when your freelance recruiter contacted me out of the blue. Anyway, things happen....you know what I mean!!!!