Ariba

Average Difficulty
71 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ariba.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter after submitting my resume online. They contacted very quickly and did a pre-assessment. After that call interviews with team members were scheduled. They scheduled 4 or 5 meetings with potential colleagues. After this first round there was dialog among the team then I was passed on round 2 with the team managers. After I interviewed with the team managers there was more deliberation for a week or two before I was called back. During this time I maintained good contact with the recruiter - communicating constantly.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you monitored the system and caught an error in advance.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked early on what I was looking for. We were on the same page from the beginning so the offer was not one I needed to counter.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ariba in February 2013.

Interview Details – applied online . had 1 phone and then an onsite . phone interview was simple -couple of algo routine questions - finding min ele in stack , some DB questions

onsite had 4 rounds
was asked abt blocking queue . wasnt too familiar with that .was asked to implement a simple producer / consumer prob , which I did - had studied it the prev day ., but the interviewer wasnt too satisfied with it .
implement LL w/o using the builtin collection
binary search , find max continuous sum in array , cycle in linked list

overall questions werent too hard , i didnt answer java specific questions all that well and made a blunder when asked abt my project . probably the reason why i didnt get it .

Interview Question – nothing in specific , blocking queue in java . java is too vast to know everything !!   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ariba.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted right away by the recruiter, who was very professional and up front the whole way through the process. I had the typical HR phone screen, then the phone interview with the hiring manager, then a panel of interviews a couple of weeks later with various peers that took half a day. The process was very thorough, but was not very considerate of someone who has a full-time job while interviewing. I had to make arrangements to be away from my job 3 separate times during the process.

I interviewed with people in Atlanta and Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh people did not impress me. They all appeared to be in their mid-30s and had all worked there since the company was a start-up, and as a result, they did not come across as having any real world experience. They gave the impression of flying by the seat of their pants without really knowing what they were supposed to be doing. One person did not turn the lights on in her office while she was interviewing me! Very unprofessional. They need some senior people to come in and mentor them.

Because of the vibe I got, I was having serious doubts about continuing on with the process. I didn't feel like I was a great fit for the position anyway. When HR called to tell me I did not get the job, I can't say I was terribly disappointed.

Interview Question – Questions were standard behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ariba in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and contacted by recruiter first for performance engineer role first. They have a very lengthy and indepth technical interview process. I had to speak with two engineers from Banglore,India first. After that I was invited onsite in Sunnyvale. I had 6 rounds there, I got to know i may be called again onsite for 2-3 interviews if the position wasn't a very good match but if i happen to be a fit for Ariba. I got to know from recruiter that I don't have enough experience for performance engineer position, So I had to go onsite again to talk with two SW development managers to find a better match for developer position.

Interview Question – Can't disclose the questions. But for me, there was high conncentation in core JAVA, multi threading, Operating Systems (Memory Management specifically), Datastructures (not to limited to stacks,trees,linkedlists be prepared to answer in threaded and n-ary trees as well), SQL join related queries and there was a question related to a specific scenario in of the teams related to database pooling and policies to related to how would you implement a queue in such scenarios to process the user requests. I don't exactly remember this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, since I had another offer

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ariba.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter.
Phone interview with hiring manager.
On site interviews with 4 other managers from different functional areas.
All very professional and positive.
Recruiter kept me up to date all along the way.

Interview Question – Tell me about change management.
(very broad and unspecific)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not try to negotiate but I received a counter offer from current employer. Ariba increased their offer.

Customer Support Interview

Customer Support
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ariba in March 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of 3 interviews; A prescreen phone interview that's conducted by HR. A few days later I then had a face to face 2 person panel style interview with HR. About a week later from that I got called back for another round of interviews. This time I was set to be interviewed by 3 separate people; Team lead, Team manager, Ops manager. All the interviews went very well. I kept in contact with the original HR person that I had a phone interview with. All his email replies were very prompt but he stated he would keep updated on the job offer. I was kept in limbo for some time. I was never sent an email afterwards.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were surprised by something and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ariba in May 2011.

Interview Details – Great interviews with great people. Most of the challenge stemmed from my lack of experience with procurement.

I was luke warm on the company at the beginning of the process. They did a great job selling themselves.

Interview Question – What is your procurement experience?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Tampa, FL

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ariba in January 2010.

Interview Details – Indepth technical interview. Covered wide range of technical topics. Inerviewer(s) were respectful and knowledgable. Panel consisted of engineers and architects that were well versed with the subject and business.

Interview Question – Topics on Core Java   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ariba in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by an outside recruiter. He gathered all the information needed and told me that I don't need to have hands on Java experience and passed on the feedback to internal recruiter.

The internal guy promptly contacted me and also stressed that I don't need to be currently working on Java technologies in my current job and don't need to have recent Java experience. Everything went well, then get to talk to the hiring manager for almost 10-15 minutes...generally about what I have been doing at my current job...that's it. Then 2 days later, I get a call that they talked to the team and decided to rewrite the Req and it now requires a solid Java background. Really?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why did you waste my time? I was not even looking for a job when your freelance recruiter contacted me out of the blue. Anyway, things happen....you know what I mean!!!!

Interview Question – No tough questions asked.   View Answer

AE Interview

AE
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Ariba in February 2007.

Interview Details – Lot of rounds of interview. Very through.

Interview Question – Why would you be benificial to ariba?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiate hard at first... later you might not get a chance.