Ariba

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ariba.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter after submitting my resume online. They contacted very quickly and did a pre-assessment. After that call interviews with team members were scheduled. They scheduled 4 or 5 meetings with potential colleagues. After this first round there was dialog among the team then I was passed on round 2 with the team managers. After I interviewed with the team managers there was more deliberation for a week or two before I was called back. During this time I maintained good contact with the recruiter - communicating constantly.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you monitored the system and caught an error in advance.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked early on what I was looking for. We were on the same page from the beginning so the offer was not one I needed to counter.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ariba.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted right away by the recruiter, who was very professional and up front the whole way through the process. I had the typical HR phone screen, then the phone interview with the hiring manager, then a panel of interviews a couple of weeks later with various peers that took half a day. The process was very thorough, but was not very considerate of someone who has a full-time job while interviewing. I had to make arrangements to be away from my job 3 separate times during the process.

I interviewed with people in Atlanta and Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh people did not impress me. They all appeared to be in their mid-30s and had all worked there since the company was a start-up, and as a result, they did not come across as having any real world experience. They gave the impression of flying by the seat of their pants without really knowing what they were supposed to be doing. One person did not turn the lights on in her office while she was interviewing me! Very unprofessional. They need some senior people to come in and mentor them.

Because of the vibe I got, I was having serious doubts about continuing on with the process. I didn't feel like I was a great fit for the position anyway. When HR called to tell me I did not get the job, I can't say I was terribly disappointed.

Interview Question – Questions were standard behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ariba.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter.
Phone interview with hiring manager.
On site interviews with 4 other managers from different functional areas.
All very professional and positive.
Recruiter kept me up to date all along the way.

Interview Question – Tell me about change management.
(very broad and unspecific)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not try to negotiate but I received a counter offer from current employer. Ariba increased their offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ariba in May 2011.

Interview Details – Great interviews with great people. Most of the challenge stemmed from my lack of experience with procurement.

I was luke warm on the company at the beginning of the process. They did a great job selling themselves.

Interview Question – What is your procurement experience?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Ariba

Interview Details – 7-8 rounds of interview sessions. Most of the the time the same questions are asked by all the members, mostly general questions

Interview Question – Nothing special,Mostly general questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Ariba? Contribute to the Community!