Ariba

Profile Unclaimed

Ariba Project Manager Interview Questions

3.5

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ariba.

Was contacted by a recruiter after submitting my resume online. They contacted very quickly and did a pre-assessment. After that call interviews with team members were scheduled. They scheduled 4 or 5 meetings with potential colleagues. After this first round there was dialog among the team then I was passed on round 2 with the team managers. After I interviewed with the team managers there was more deliberation for a week or two before I was called back. During this time I maintained good contact with the recruiter - communicating constantly.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you monitored the system and caught an error in advance.   View Answer
They asked early on what I was looking for. We were on the same page from the beginning so the offer was not one I needed to counter.

Other Interview Reviews for Ariba

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ariba.

Applied online and was contacted right away by the recruiter, who was very professional and up front the whole way through the process. I had the typical HR phone screen, then the phone interview with the hiring manager, then a panel of interviews a couple of weeks later with various peers that took half a day. The process was very thorough, but was not very considerate of someone who has a full-time job while interviewing. I had to make arrangements to be away from my job 3 separate times during the process.

I interviewed with people in Atlanta and Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh people did not impress me. They all appeared to be in their mid-30s and had all worked there since the company was a start-up, and as a result, they did not come across as having any real world experience. They gave the impression of flying by the seat of their pants without really knowing what they were supposed to be doing. One person did not turn the lights on in her office while she was interviewing me! Very unprofessional. They need some senior people to come in and mentor them.

Because of the vibe I got, I was having serious doubts about continuing on with the process. I didn't feel like I was a great fit for the position anyway. When HR called to tell me I did not get the job, I can't say I was terribly disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were standard behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ariba.

Phone interview with recruiter.
    Phone interview with hiring manager.
    On site interviews with 4 other managers from different functional areas.
    All very professional and positive.
    Recruiter kept me up to date all along the way.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about change management.
      (very broad and unspecific)

Answer Question
    Did not try to negotiate but I received a counter offer from current employer. Ariba increased their offer.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ariba in May 2011.

Great interviews with great people. Most of the challenge stemmed from my lack of experience with procurement.

I was luke warm on the company at the beginning of the process. They did a great job selling themselves.

Project Manager Interview

7-8 rounds of interview sessions. Most of the the time the same questions are asked by all the members, mostly general questions