Ariba

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ariba in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview by recruiter
Phone interview with Hiring manager
Technical interview onsite

Interview Question – Implement threaded trees   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Heard that the work is not good. Its all about bug fixing.

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ariba in February 2013.

Interview Details – applied online . had 1 phone and then an onsite . phone interview was simple -couple of algo routine questions - finding min ele in stack , some DB questions

onsite had 4 rounds
was asked abt blocking queue . wasnt too familiar with that .was asked to implement a simple producer / consumer prob , which I did - had studied it the prev day ., but the interviewer wasnt too satisfied with it .
implement LL w/o using the builtin collection
binary search , find max continuous sum in array , cycle in linked list

overall questions werent too hard , i didnt answer java specific questions all that well and made a blunder when asked abt my project . probably the reason why i didnt get it .

Interview Question – nothing in specific , blocking queue in java . java is too vast to know everything !!   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ariba in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and contacted by recruiter first for performance engineer role first. They have a very lengthy and indepth technical interview process. I had to speak with two engineers from Banglore,India first. After that I was invited onsite in Sunnyvale. I had 6 rounds there, I got to know i may be called again onsite for 2-3 interviews if the position wasn't a very good match but if i happen to be a fit for Ariba. I got to know from recruiter that I don't have enough experience for performance engineer position, So I had to go onsite again to talk with two SW development managers to find a better match for developer position.

Interview Question – Can't disclose the questions. But for me, there was high conncentation in core JAVA, multi threading, Operating Systems (Memory Management specifically), Datastructures (not to limited to stacks,trees,linkedlists be prepared to answer in threaded and n-ary trees as well), SQL join related queries and there was a question related to a specific scenario in of the teams related to database pooling and policies to related to how would you implement a queue in such scenarios to process the user requests. I don't exactly remember this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, since I had another offer

Software Engineering Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ariba in November 2007.

Interview Details – 1 Hiring Manager Contacted Me
2 Went through interviews with 4 people.
3 I was told I would know about a thumbs up or down however never heard back.

Interview Questions

Bangalore (India)

I interviewed at Ariba in November 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by face to face.
Tough questions on java, especially around for loops, while loops, polymorphism, database design. More questions on the toughest problem solved in the past. And how to improve performance of your programs was discussed too.
More than one interviewer interviews you, and each asks different set of questions.

Interview Question – What is denormalalization?   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Ariba in June 2011.

Interview Details – was initially contacted by the recruiter for a software engineer position, arranged for a 30 min phone interview which lasted for an hour.The position was for a internal software engineer position, though my profile macthed only few of their requirement, they called on for an phone interview. After talking for an hour, nothing technically,gave the feedback as needed greater skillset... hmmmm...

Interview Questions

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ariba in November 2010.

Interview Details – 1st Round is screening test and second is techno-managerial interview

Interview Question – Implementation of Data Structure concepts in java   Answer Question

Software Engineer

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ariba in February 2008.

Interview Details – Round 1 - General Introduction - Telephonic
Round 6 - Discussion with Ariba India Head- Telephonic

Interview Question – What is your expectation?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Work was bad, wanted it to be compensated by better pay

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ariba

Worked for Ariba? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ariba Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ariba employees and interview candidates.