Ariba Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ariba in July 2014.

I contacted one of the recruiter at Ariba and got a reply back saying they have a opening. They sent two set of programing question out of which I need to answer one. Questions - 1. Remove comments from JSON files 2. How to find if two graphs are connected and what's the shortest distance between given two nodes. Next round was a telephonic and was pretty good. Asked me about project and question on core Java libraries. HashMap, Hashtable, multithreading etc. Next round they called me at onsite and I had four rounds. Here the are the list of questions - 1. Implement single linkedList, Implement iterator methods hashNext and next. Design a dashboard system to show sales data, Design a database schema for University ( students, courses, professors etc ), write a program to give the first non repeating character. Few more questions on Java.

Interview Questions
    • I was not prepared for SQLs and asked quite a few questions on SQL joins.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ariba in June 2014.

Technical interview for the Architect position following a telephonic interview, The telephone interview was with the HR manager, which was very generic - about my career, experience and what I am looking for and the hiring manager which was more technical.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ariba in May 2014.

first recruiter interview for cover general questions ...etc
    and then an off line coding test required you finished within certain time.
    and last one was 5 hours on site interview, The person interviewed you not necessary
    will be the person you are going to work with. Ariba hiring process depends the need of the entire
    engineer team. The bad thing about this-- you don't know what end about you going to do.
    and recruiter over promise the job functions end up is very boring job

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ariba in March 2014.

Phone interview by recruiter
    Phone interview with Hiring manager
    Technical interview onsite

Interview Questions

Heard that the work is not good. Its all about bug fixing.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ariba in February 2013.

applied online . had 1 phone and then an onsite . phone interview was simple -couple of algo routine questions - finding min ele in stack , some DB questions

onsite had 4 rounds
    was asked abt blocking queue . wasnt too familiar with that .was asked to implement a simple producer / consumer prob , which I did - had studied it the prev day ., but the interviewer wasnt too satisfied with it .
    implement LL w/o using the builtin collection
    binary search , find max continuous sum in array , cycle in linked list

overall questions werent too hard , i didnt answer java specific questions all that well and made a blunder when asked abt my project . probably the reason why i didnt get it .

Interview Questions
    • nothing in specific , blocking queue in java . java is too vast to know everything !!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ariba in December 2012.

I applied online and contacted by recruiter first for performance engineer role first. They have a very lengthy and indepth technical interview process. I had to speak with two engineers from Banglore,India first. After that I was invited onsite in Sunnyvale. I had 6 rounds there, I got to know i may be called again onsite for 2-3 interviews if the position wasn't a very good match but if i happen to be a fit for Ariba. I got to know from recruiter that I don't have enough experience for performance engineer position, So I had to go onsite again to talk with two SW development managers to find a better match for developer position.

Interview Questions
    • Can't disclose the questions. But for me, there was high conncentation in core JAVA, multi threading, Operating Systems (Memory Management specifically), Datastructures (not to limited to stacks,trees,linkedlists be prepared to answer in threaded and n-ary trees as well), SQL join related queries and there was a question related to a specific scenario in of the teams related to database pooling and policies to related to how would you implement a queue in such scenarios to process the user requests. I don't exactly remember this.   Answer Question
    Yes, since I had another offer

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ariba in May 2011.

I was contacted by HR and asked basic questions about my education and work history.
    Next was a brief phone screen with hiring manager to determine if I would be brought in for a on-site interview. The on-site interview involved 2 senior members of the team and 2 managers all done 1-1

Interview Questions
    • The interview had the standard technical questions and then some behavioral questions. The behavioral questions are open ended and forced you to explain with examples how you handled certain situations.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ariba in February 2010.

I was first contacted by an outside recruiter. He gathered all the information needed and told me that I don't need to have hands on Java experience and passed on the feedback to internal recruiter.

The internal guy promptly contacted me and also stressed that I don't need to be currently working on Java technologies in my current job and don't need to have recent Java experience. Everything went well, then get to talk to the hiring manager for almost 10-15 minutes...generally about what I have been doing at my current job...that's it. Then 2 days later, I get a call that they talked to the team and decided to rewrite the Req and it now requires a solid Java background. Really?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why did you waste my time? I was not even looking for a job when your freelance recruiter contacted me out of the blue. Anyway, things happen....you know what I mean!!!!

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ariba in November 2007.

1 Hiring Manager Contacted Me
    2 Went through interviews with 4 people.
    3 I was told I would know about a thumbs up or down however never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a Data Model for a restaurant IT system   View Answer
    • Multithreading, Question write a dead lock in Java   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ariba in April 2007.

I was interviewing for senior java developer position. There was the phone interview by the hiring manager first. Then there was the on site interview from four developers and the hiring manager himself. There were programming questions, java questions, database questions, etc, and I found that they are overall more difficult than average.