Aricent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aricent.

It was a very encouraging and positive experience. The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and at ease to answer various questions to the very best of my ability.
    The interviewer provided a relaxed environment which helped me articulate my answers as clearly as possible.
    The interviewer also answered my queries about the job profile and told me about the environment at the company.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aricent.

Amcat apti, tech interview for 1 hour............
    if we finish tech interview its over hr is just for formality...all the best gud company
    mostly asked was data structure, linked list, dbms and c programs

Senior Software Engineer QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Aricent in February 2015.

There was a walkin scheduled.
    First was written then two technical rounds.
    The interviews were still in progress so they didnt tell me if I was rejected or selected.
    They asked me to leave for the day after three rounds and said they would call me once all the interviews are done and if I am shortlisted.
    The interviewers were very polite and they asked questions related to the profile they were hiring for.

Interview Questions
    • The written test had two sections- UNIX and SQL.
      Some of the questions were little tricky in unix. There were 15 questions.
      SQL was mixture of average and few difficult questions. There were 10 questions.

Second round:.
      UNIX- search file,word,sort, count of words in line,file, move to a particular line, delete any line, delete multiple lines, about projects I worked on.
      SQL: lot of join questions. He showed three tables and asked questions on tables which were done using joins.

Third round was technical again UNIX and SQL.
      It started with 4 situational questions like if there is less time and testing is to be completed on time etc etc.
      UNIX was asked again.
      SQL: lot of joins, union, intersect, vi editor, agile versus vmodel,past project experience.

Both the interviewers were very polite and they even gave hints when I was little stuck and quite close to answers.

The results are still not out so, I dont know if I am selected :)

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aricent in February 2015.

Got my interview based on AMCAT scores. The total interview process comprised of two rounds. One was technical and the other was HR. Technical round lasted for almost 45 mins. They asked questions from C, C++ and SQL. A good knowledge over Data Structures would suffice. HR was very easy. It took only 10 mins for me to get in and out! Once you get through technical HR is not something you need to worry about. In HR they check your attitude and they try understand you within the the time-frame they have got.

Software Engineer/Test Engineer Interview

First, there was an Online Test. It had questions from Aptitude (Basic), English and Technical (Operating System, Data Structures, DataBase Management System,C).
    It was a pooled campus and out of approximately 400 students, 100 were selected.
    Then there was Technical Interview. It lasted for 1. hours on an average for each candidate but you would never come to know that you have sat for that long once you come out of the room.
    They see your CV and ask u 1 or 2 basic questions like tell me something about yourself and what do you know about the company etc.
    After that, they will see your marksheets and will ask you questions on the subjects you have studied in your 5th and 6th semester subjects (OS, MPI, CD etc. in my case).
    Then they start from the basics of C and increase the difficulty level slowly. Will give you to write programs as well. They will ask you what have you prepared and will ask you a few questions on that.
    After that you will have your HR interview. Done!

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a few questions on Compiler Design and MicroProcessor and Interfacing.   Answer Question

Associate Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aricent in January 2015.

process took 2 days in infotech center gurgaon first round was voice and accent test and then first round was written round under which questions consist aptitude reasoning and verbal..followed by tech interview and HR interview.HR is just a formality that everyone has to going through..nut the technical round is quite more interesting.

Interview Questions
    • diff b/w network support layer and user support layer.

define ARCnet and token RING.

what redundancy method used for checking errors in (TCP/IP) higher layer protocol... ?
      ...unfortunately i know the answer of these last two question..

these are very unexpected questions.and there are many more..

View Answer

Software Developer Interview

first of all Written test of 2 hour followed by GD which was difficult, than technical interview of around 45 minute which i found easy and HR round which was very tough.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aricent in January 2015.

Call through AMCAT. Form filling, followed by the Technical Interview, followed by HR interview. Form holds importance. Describe your Job Location etc. very seriously!

Basic Computer network questions like function of each layer in OSI model, duplex, bandwidth, networking devices followed by data structures like Linked lists and Trees. C questions like malloc() vs calloc(), what is realloc(), what is a pointer.

OS questions like to code Producer consumer problem in Java(as it was mentioned in the Resume), explain Dining philosopher problem, mutex.

Some C output questions.

In HR, why Aricent, give examples of your leading challenges.

Trainee Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aricent in January 2015.

Candidates shortlisted on the basis of an aptitude test were called for interview .Interview was nearly 1 hr 15 min long .Questions from Linked list ,Networking ,Dbms and some Programming were asked .
    At last , two puzzles were asked to solve . Interviewer were really helpful. HR round was very easy and nice .

Interview Questions
    • Program to insert a node at specific position in a linkedlist .   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aricent.

5 rounds of selection
    1) Written test (Elimination- Apptitude + Reasoning + C/C++/Datastructure + English)
    2) Form filling (Non - Elimination - General questions day to day life)
    3) GD (Non Elimination on any random topic)
    4) Technical Interview (Elimination C/C++/Data structure/Networks/Java(optional))
    5) HR Interview(Elimination)

Interview Questions
    • Why this company even if you have Electronics background.   Answer Question