Arista Networks

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Arista Networks in February 2012.

Interview Details – They ask me two questions: 1. find the min member in BST, 2. find the next in-order value in BST.

Interview Questions

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Arista Networks in July 2011.

Interview Details – Looks like they are in mode of elimination and not selection.
on-site interview asked about push/pop stack.
Spent lot of time in discussing other technical stuff before this.
Later complained that no time to code !? Something does not seem right.

Surprised to see that interview room already has same written on white board by earlier interview.

Interview Question – Brush up on Binary tree and push/pop stack - they ask same to everyone.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Engineering

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Arista Networks in January 2010.

Interview Details – Tough technical questioning with challenging questions. Very positive and did a good job of really making me present the breadth of my skills (strengths and weaknesses)

Interview Question – Detailed step by step process of OSPF inner workings   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of room for negotiation

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Arista Networks in March 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview of the morning was face to face the VP of Customer Engineering. He was extremely rude and condescending throughout the interview. I would never put this guy in front of a customer. He was more interested in checking email than speaking with a candidate. Other engineers and executive were equally arrogant and condescending. The only person I liked was the CEO; she was very personable and had great conversational skills. Bottom line, I felt so uncomfortable with the company after this interview, which was the first one in the morning that I almost left. I was shocked when I got the offer but I turned it down.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. ECMP questions. LACP has hasing questions. And packet delay over 1gig and 10gig interfaces.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The person that would have been my boss, the Vice President of Customer Engineering, flat out told me there was no commission plan however he said I would make $500,000 off the stock once the company went public. This is a big “no-no” and seemed very shady to me for an executive of the company to make promises that may or may not happen.

This is a Cisco boy’s club so if didn’t/don’t work there don’t waste your time interviewing.

Engineering

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arista Networks in November 2010.

Interview Details – Validate a Binary Search Tree
Implement a stack interface

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arista Networks

Worked for Arista Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arista Networks Engineering interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Arista Networks employees and interview candidates.