Arista Networks Engineering Interview Questions

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Arista Networks in February 2012.

They ask me two questions: 1. find the min member in BST, 2. find the next in-order value in BST.

Other Interview Reviews for Arista Networks

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Arista Networks in July 2011.

Looks like they are in mode of elimination and not selection.
    on-site interview asked about push/pop stack.
    Spent lot of time in discussing other technical stuff before this.
    Later complained that no time to code !? Something does not seem right.

Surprised to see that interview room already has same written on white board by earlier interview.

Interview Questions
    • Brush up on Binary tree and push/pop stack - they ask same to everyone.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Arista Networks in January 2010.

Tough technical questioning with challenging questions. Very positive and did a good job of really making me present the breadth of my skills (strengths and weaknesses)

Interview Questions
    Not a lot of room for negotiation

Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Arista Networks in March 2011.

The first interview of the morning was face to face the VP of Customer Engineering. He was extremely rude and condescending throughout the interview. I would never put this guy in front of a customer. He was more interested in checking email than speaking with a candidate. Other engineers and executive were equally arrogant and condescending. The only person I liked was the CEO; she was very personable and had great conversational skills. Bottom line, I felt so uncomfortable with the company after this interview, which was the first one in the morning that I almost left. I was shocked when I got the offer but I turned it down.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. ECMP questions. LACP has hasing questions. And packet delay over 1gig and 10gig interfaces.   Answer Question

The person that would have been my boss, the Vice President of Customer Engineering, flat out told me there was no commission plan however he said I would make $500,000 off the stock once the company went public. This is a big “no-no” and seemed very shady to me for an executive of the company to make promises that may or may not happen.

This is a Cisco boy’s club so if didn’t/don’t work there don’t waste your time interviewing.

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arista Networks in November 2010.

Validate a Binary Search Tree
    Implement a stack interface

Interview Questions

Worked for Arista Networks? Contribute to the Community!