Arista Networks

Average Difficulty
77 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Arista Networks in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was almost through during the interview process and director showed up with a floating point question. In an embedded environment I never used floating point for any thing and could not able to answer that Q. He said that he will not hire me for that.

Interview Question – It is basically about representation of 0 in floating number using hex.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Arista Networks

Interview Details – I contacted a recruiter by email and I got a call for a phone interview within a few days. During the phone interview, the interviewer made me do SSH into their system. He asked me a question on removing nodes in a linked list having a particular integer data value.

He had some code ready and I had to write the code for the function RemoveNode and compile and run it. I messed it up with some logical errors which led to Segmentation Fault. The interviewer wasn't helpful and would sometimes not respond at all when asked something by me.

Then he asked a vague question about how will you debug the code when a customer may complain about the system not working. I gave some answer but then he decided to end the interview. He said I need more practice and would like if I reapply when I am ready. So in short it was a reject at the end of the call itself.

Interview Question – Remove nodes in a linked list having a particular integer data value.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arista Networks in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted within 3 days by a Software Engineer.

What I loved about the process was that there was ZERO HR correspondence. The interviewer's were the ones directly emailing me and that was great.

The conversation was casual, and I was honest from my end which really helped. Interviewed with 2 more Software Engineers from the team and finally with the VP for the offer. Great, quick responses!

Interview Question – No technical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Great Offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Arista Networks.

Interview Details – Worst Experience in all of the interviews I have attended.

First about me. I had graduated 4 years ago and I had quite some experience in the industry.
The first round is you have to ssh into thier system and the interviewer had 2 questions for me. Some clever way of linked List printing and another clever way of tree traversal.
I nailed both these questions, all the tests passed and The interviewer was all praise for me.
He told me that I was to be ready for the next round, Congratulations and all.

Now comes the interesting part.

The second interviewer asks me to send my Degree Transcripts <wth? I'm not a fresher> Ok, I send it.
My GPA at masters is 3.5/4 and my Undergrad was 8/10.
He looks at those and he sends me a reject email without even interviewing me.
First of all, I'm not a fresher, and if at all I'm hired, Arista gets to employ someone who obviously has more than academic knowledge.

So mean people, and heavy headed people. They could have told me that there is a GPA cut off even for non-freshers so that I could have better used my time, bad interview process.

Interview Question – Linkedlist intelligent printing.   Answer Question

Interview Details – Coding interview

Interview Question – Find a missing number in a continuous number list. For example, 6 is missing in 2, 3, 4, 5, 7.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Software Development Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Arista Networks in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Coding 2 problems using C, in shell, compile, and pass the test cases.
Then you can choose 1 topic of concept questions, like data structures, C programming ,debugging, etc.

Interview Question – Both simple, but not easy to code bug-free at one time.   View Answer

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern

Interviewed at Arista Networks

Interview Details – I applied for an intern position over the summer. I've got not complaints about anything leading up to the interview process - the people on the other side of the emails seemed nice, and organized my interview very professionally. Then came the interview... at which point I was told to implement a rather easy question - just finding the missing number in an array. The problem was so basic, but I had some serious trouble because I was told to use a Mac (at which point some of the Windows hot keys I accidentally pressed closed the text editor), and I was told to use eMacs... the worst texteditor in existence (imho)

Interview Question – Find the missing number in an array of adjacent, increasing numbers in logarithmic time.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Arista Networks.

Interview Details – Ask questions about find the successor of a node in the binary search tree, find the missing number in the array, using vim and gcc to compile, using gdb to debugger. Can only use C language. The most import thing in the interview is to keep sober, the problem is not hard, but need to be careful to solve it.

Interview Question – Using C, not used it for a long time   Answer Question

Interviewed at Arista Networks

Interview Details – I applied for this position through on campus career fair and got an interview two days afterwards. I was asked to SSH to their remote server and write some code to complete the function. I need to comply and debug. Used Vim editor. One question is about how to validate a Binary Search Tree, the other is to find the missing number from consecutive numbers.

Interview Question – One question is about how to validate a Binary Search Tree, the other is to find the missing number from consecutive numbers.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Arista Networks

Interview Details – I applied through career fair. Got a phone interview. It last for an hour. I have to access their server through SSH. I was asked the same questions as other guys had said. One is find in order successor in a binary tree. The other is find the missing number of consecutive numbers.

Interview Question – I was asked the same questions as other guys had said. One is find in order successor in a binary tree. The other is find the missing number of consecutive numbers.   Answer Question

Worked for Arista Networks? Contribute to the Community!