Arista Networks

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

I get the interview on the career fair. The interview is on campus. The interviewer is helpful. He asks me to write some codes directly after I get in the room. Just like general code interviews. He does not ask questions on my background. The question is not hard. But I debug for a long time before I find my problem. I am not good at writing code when someone sit aside me.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Arista Networks.

I applied online and had an on-campus interview. It is not very hard though something I cannot answer. What is the difference between process and thread? How can processes communicate with each other? BST find the minimum node. BST find the node with next larger value of a given value.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arista Networks.

Submitted resume on career site. Got on campus interview call. Interviewer was friendly, but was not open to solutions in languages other than C. I got the logic correct but messed up with pointers. Having a grip on pointers is important. Questions were easy but should be in C, I am not in touch with C.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Check whether linked list has a loop
      2) Remove duplicates from a linked list.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arista Networks in February 2015.

Interviewed on-campus and no resume review. one to one with an indian interviewer. The common questions you can see in other's interview process of Atista. 3 coding questions, delete the node(s) with certain value from a linked list, version compare(the same as leetcode) and find the successor of the in-order transversal of a BST.

Interview Questions
    • 3 coding questions, delete node from linked list, version compare and find the successor of in-order transversal of BST.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Arista Networks.

The first round of Phone Screen for Arista was one hour long. I was asked to implement 3 problems based on data structures. The interviewer was quite helpful and gave hints when I got stuck in a question.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to implement 3 problems:
      1. Finding the inorder predecessor of a node of a Binary Tree.
      2. Finding the smallest node of a Binary Tree
      3. How to detect if there is a loop in a Linked List.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arista Networks.

The people I corresponded with were responsive and helpful. The interview consisted of creating a general stack in C. The interview gave me many hints and was helpful through out the process. He might have been easier on me because I wasn't applying for a full-time position.

Interview Questions
    • What is the expected time complexity of the stack with my specific implementation. It wasn't too difficult and the interviewer gave good hints.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Arista Networks.

Applied online... Got a mail for setting 1st round. 1st round was coding... I finished coding... There was a small bug...Interviewer pointed it out.. Then there was time..He asked to choose the topic like Unix/C++/C/DS...I selected Unix, C++...He asked tricky C++ program output and then went in full deep why and how it works...Virtual function internals...printf internals... till kernel level...1 hour interview went on till 1 hour 45 minutes...Most exhaustive and in depth ever...I enjoyed it...
    Interviewer was good....Stanford guy ...
    I was called for onsite 2 hour interview...Went there...This guy was Manager started with very trick C questions and asked me why output was like that...full in depth... I told to best of my knowledge...
    Asked me to design malloc...I did ..he was not satisfied..after 1 hour 15 min ..he said I don't fit the requirement on the face and let me pass....

I felt happy to be rejected... No point working in a place where people are judged based on such questions and not on technical knowledge...I prefer to spend my time something useful product..

Interview Questions
    • Tricky C coding questions related ....what will be output of trick program and why it is like that...Design malloc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arista Networks in January 2015.

I applied through on campus career fair and got the interview the other day. The interview was conducted in a large room and there are two interview went on at the same time. Basically technical interview but the questions were not hard, you do not need to use any algorithms in this round.

Interview Questions
    • The questions they ask were straight forward. They first ask some concept questions about different data structure. What is the difference between vector and linked list? And then they asked me what did two functions do(the two functions did the same job and he showed this two on his terminal), which one is faster. The time function was already there, just call it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arista Networks in December 2014.

On campus recruiting, get the interview reply waiting for only one day after submitting the application, and schedule the interview one week later, the interview is fully technical and two unchanged questions. Interviewee is nice and keep trying to guide you to right direction. The time is about 45 min and you are required to write code on paper and discuss with him continuously.

Interview Questions
    • same questions as you may notice:
      1.find the successor of a node in the binary search tree.
      2.find the missing number in the array(Both O(n) and O(logn))solution.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Arista Networks.

Applied through campus job fair. 1 hour on campus interview. Ask to write code and debug on recruiter's mac by vim, and tested by some prepared test cases.The same as others' question, to find missing number in continuous integer sequence.

Interview Questions
    • The same as others, to find missing number in continuous integer sequence. Make sure to think clearly about edge case.   Answer Question