Arista Networks Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.3

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arista Networks.

Interview

Most unprofessional is how I would describe the interview process.The HR did not play its role in the entire process.I was directly interacting with the hiring manager from the start to the end of the process. I was selected for the position and was expecting to receive the final offer letter. The hiring manager discussed the details about the compensation vaguely via phone.The compensation included base salary (which was much below the industry standards and what I am earning currently) and stock options. Since I did not receive any written offer letter I asked the manager for the details regarding the stock options. The manager refused to give any details over email and finally hung up the phone on me stating that I should not be asking/focusing on the salary part. Why not?? I also felt that the hiring manager 'over glorified' the stock grant only to reveal later the involved vesting schedule - that too when I questioned him about his ballooned up claims of the offer. This probably irritated him. In my opinion it is HR's everyday role to write offers, explain and modify them as needed. The HR's skills are not being utilized fully at Arista. As a prospective employee who has qualified several rounds of interviews I have all the right to ask as many questions I may have and Arista (HR or hiring manager) should be obliged to answer them all. This will enable candidates to make an informed decision about accepting or declining the offer. In my case the hiring manager clearly did not value the time and effort I had put in while going through the entire process.I was hoping for a more professional attitude from the senior management. Hanging up the phone on the candidate when he asks questions brings a bad name for Arista, a bad review on Glassdoor, and potentially desperate candidates who will be willing to accept their low ball offers which are full of unexplained catches.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Arista Networks in June 2015.

Interview

I applied by a current Arista employee, get contacted by HR the next day to schedule the interview. One day later, the HR suddenly asked for the transcripts and said transcripts are required prior to the interview. I send my transcripts, then I was rejected with no reason! So, NEVER PROVIDE transcripts BEFORE INTERVIEW! THEY JUST WANT TO REJECT YOU

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

1. Met the local Rep for 3 hrs and spoke to the a few people at the SF office 2. Spoke to 2 members over the phone 3. Met the Director of Sales (hiring manager), VP of Sales, and another rep in person at the head quarters. 4. Met the local rep again for drinks to confirm interest for next steps. 5. They contacted my references along with a surprise reference I did not approve but still gave good feedback. 6. Email from Director of Sales that offer will be sent in two days. 7. Entire Sales organization was wasting their efforts on a position that was never even open to begin with. CEO threw my offer out the window saying they don't need to grow sales? - it is 2015 in the bay area, this might be the only company not interested in growing sales?? The Sales team knew I had an offer pending and said don't sign it b/c we will send you an offer. They even confirmed via email, but it all meant nothing. Seems like the CEO micro managers the entire organization and the VP of sales is powerless. I think this experience was an intro of things that would come down the road in the form of false promises.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Arista Networks.

Interview

Applied through a friend who was working in Arista. Single 1 hour interview. One linked list question and 2-3 questions on C, pointers,structure padding memory allocation, memory segments. The interviewer was very supportive. Was totally okay with using gdb if i had a doubt on a particular syntax or size of type. The questions were good. The C and OS questions were hard.

Interview Questions

• One linked list question and 2-3 questions on C, pointers,structure padding memory allocation, memory segments.   Answer Question

Network Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was fully technical 100%, try to get as deep knowledge as you can. there was no HR question for me. they might as you to draw a topology and ask you question on basis of that

Interview Questions

• what do you know about vlan and spt?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Entry Level Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Arista Networks (Wichita, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

There is phone interview first and if you qualify that round you are called to their main office in California. In the phone interview they were very straight forward in their approach, they tried to test the depth of our technical knowledge. As a company that designs switches, they were more interested in the concepts of packet flow, arp, Mac table information. They also asked questions related to routing particularly OSPF. They also asked questions about topics such as STP and VLAN. For some reason i felt that the interviewer was not interested in listening to my reply. I could hear him typing on his mobile or laptop. I thought that was rude.

Interview Questions

• They gave a scenario and asked me to explain the flow of packets   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Arista Networks (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school website, and within one day an employee emailed me to do a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for about an hour in the afternoon. After asking about classes, some projects, and technologies, I did a coding challenge involving binary trees that was relatively straightforward. The interviewer was polite and friendly. At the end of the interview, the interviewer told me that I would be getting an offer and promptly sent out more information. I was very impressed by the turnaround speed.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I get the interview on the career fair. The interview is on campus. The interviewer is helpful. He asks me to write some codes directly after I get in the room. Just like general code interviews. He does not ask questions on my background. The question is not hard. But I debug for a long time before I find my problem. I am not good at writing code when someone sit aside me.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Arista Networks.

Interview

I applied online and had an on-campus interview. It is not very hard though something I cannot answer. What is the difference between process and thread? How can processes communicate with each other? BST find the minimum node. BST find the node with next larger value of a given value.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arista Networks.

Interview

Submitted resume on career site. Got on campus interview call. Interviewer was friendly, but was not open to solutions in languages other than C. I got the logic correct but messed up with pointers. Having a grip on pointers is important. Questions were easy but should be in C, I am not in touch with C.

Interview Questions

• 1) Check whether linked list has a loop 2) Remove duplicates from a linked list.   Answer Question