Arista Networks Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Arista Networks in December 2013.

I had an in person interview. My dad works at this company and he talked to the VP of software and got me an interview. I was informed I got the job two weeks after the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Arista Networks.

My interview was a phone interview that required me to ssh into their servers die a technical coding interview. The coding portion took around 20 minutes, and the remaining time of the 1 hour interview involved questions on data structures and talking about what I have done and my experiences. The coding portion was implementing functions of a binary search tree. The other questions asked by mouth were on things like linked lists, comparing singly vs doubly-linked, their time costs, etc. All in all, there was a big focus on data structures.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to implement some functions of a binary search tree such as finding the next node with inorder traversal. It was then tested with pre-written tests. This was all done in C.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Arista Networks in October 2012.

I was almost through during the interview process and director showed up with a floating point question. In an embedded environment I never used floating point for any thing and could not able to answer that Q. He said that he will not hire me for that.

Interview Questions
    • It is basically about representation of 0 in floating number using hex.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I contacted a recruiter by email and I got a call for a phone interview within a few days. During the phone interview, the interviewer made me do SSH into their system. He asked me a question on removing nodes in a linked list having a particular integer data value.

He had some code ready and I had to write the code for the function RemoveNode and compile and run it. I messed it up with some logical errors which led to Segmentation Fault. The interviewer wasn't helpful and would sometimes not respond at all when asked something by me.

Then he asked a vague question about how will you debug the code when a customer may complain about the system not working. I gave some answer but then he decided to end the interview. He said I need more practice and would like if I reapply when I am ready. So in short it was a reject at the end of the call itself.

Interview Questions
    • Remove nodes in a linked list having a particular integer data value.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arista Networks in April 2014.

Applied online and was contacted within 3 days by a Software Engineer.

What I loved about the process was that there was ZERO HR correspondence. The interviewer's were the ones directly emailing me and that was great.

The conversation was casual, and I was honest from my end which really helped. Interviewed with 2 more Software Engineers from the team and finally with the VP for the offer. Great, quick responses!

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Great Offer.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Arista Networks.

Worst Experience in all of the interviews I have attended.

First about me. I had graduated 4 years ago and I had quite some experience in the industry.
    The first round is you have to ssh into thier system and the interviewer had 2 questions for me. Some clever way of linked List printing and another clever way of tree traversal.
    I nailed both these questions, all the tests passed and The interviewer was all praise for me.
    He told me that I was to be ready for the next round, Congratulations and all.

Now comes the interesting part.

The second interviewer asks me to send my Degree Transcripts <wth? I'm not a fresher> Ok, I send it.
    My GPA at masters is 3.5/4 and my Undergrad was 8/10.
    He looks at those and he sends me a reject email without even interviewing me.
    First of all, I'm not a fresher, and if at all I'm hired, Arista gets to employ someone who obviously has more than academic knowledge.

So mean people, and heavy headed people. They could have told me that there is a GPA cut off even for non-freshers so that I could have better used my time, bad interview process.

Coding interview

Interview Questions
    • Find a missing number in a continuous number list. For example, 6 is missing in 2, 3, 4, 5, 7.   View Answer

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Arista Networks in March 2014.

Phone interview. Coding 2 problems using C, in shell, compile, and pass the test cases.
    Then you can choose 1 topic of concept questions, like data structures, C programming ,debugging, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Both simple, but not easy to code bug-free at one time.   View Answer

Software Intern Interview

I applied for an intern position over the summer. I've got not complaints about anything leading up to the interview process - the people on the other side of the emails seemed nice, and organized my interview very professionally. Then came the interview... at which point I was told to implement a rather easy question - just finding the missing number in an array. The problem was so basic, but I had some serious trouble because I was told to use a Mac (at which point some of the Windows hot keys I accidentally pressed closed the text editor), and I was told to use eMacs... the worst texteditor in existence (imho)

Interview Questions
    • Find the missing number in an array of adjacent, increasing numbers in logarithmic time.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Arista Networks.

Ask questions about find the successor of a node in the binary search tree, find the missing number in the array, using vim and gcc to compile, using gdb to debugger. Can only use C language. The most import thing in the interview is to keep sober, the problem is not hard, but need to be careful to solve it.

Interview Questions

Worked for Arista Networks? Contribute to the Community!