Arista Networks Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA

Updated Mar 21, 2015

3.3

Network Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arista Networks in March 2015.

Interview was fully technical 100%, try to get as deep knowledge as you can. there was no HR question for me. they might as you to draw a topology and ask you question on basis of that

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arista Networks in February 2015.

I was called for an onsite interview and was told the hr would get back to me to book the travel which took about a month and half, irrespective of following up.
    The interview was set up, for 1:1 with 4 different people half an hour each. After reaching the premsies I was told that the manager had quit the previous day and they didnt know wat to do with me.

Interview Questions
    • how would u maintain and test a desktop? Can u create a databse if u had to create one from scratch for the desktop?   Answer Question
    • Given three tables - a question on joints. How to mount a disk in linux?   Answer Question
    • Python: Wat is a generator? yeild? decorator? How would u format print in python?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arista Networks in December 2013.

I had an in person interview. My dad works at this company and he talked to the VP of software and got me an interview. I was informed I got the job two weeks after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arista Networks in September 2013.

There was a phone interview with the "hiring manager". This was followed by two rounds of in-person, team interviews (2-person teams). I really didn't expect a second round, as I struggled with language difficulties in the first-round interview (having grown up in the SF Bay Area, I'm a native English speaker, but neither of the gentlemen interviewing me were). The questions in the first round were very theoretical in nature.

The second round came as a surprise a couple of weeks later. It started with a single person (another one for whom English was not the native tongue, although his mastery was much better). His questions were very esoteric, and communication was a bit of an issue. Half-way through the interview, we were joined by the first native English speaker. My joy was short-lived, however, as this person had the bombastic qualities of a speed-freak wanting to come off of 3-days of abstinence. My discomfort was further compunded by the fact that he sprayed spittle when he talked (I showered when I got home). His aggressive style made me feel very uncomfortable, and I had trouble focusing on the interview. In retrospect, I wish I had terminated the interview myself, since it wasn't like I needed the job.

Interview Questions
    • There was not a single, "normal" interview question, imho.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Arista Networks in August 2013.

Applied through a reference and got a call pretty quickly. The first round was a programming interview to find a missing element in a contiguous array using binary search. This went fine and was called for a second round.

The first question during the second round was to write a program to solve Sudoku. This was surprising and seemed like a question from Google interviews. I had an hour to write and solved most of it using iterative programming but I guess the interviewer was expecting a recursive solution. Made it to the second person anyways. The second interviewer came in with a laptop and asked me to execute a bunch of small and trivial programs and was asking very detailed questions about computer architecture and OS like why arguments are pushed only from right to left on a function call and why program always gets loaded at a specific address instead of 0. These questions were a bit tricky and I think I fumbled a little bit in answering these.

At the end of the interview they let me know the decision right there that they wanted to pass. I was happy that the decision was immediate and no prolonged waits.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Arista Networks.

I was initially contacted by a former co-working about my possible interest in coming to his company and then after meeting with him and learning more about the company, he set up an interview with the manufacturing VP. It was a positive interview experience; however, at that time the VP felt that they did not have a position that would fit for me. A couple of months later, however, I received a message that there was now an opening that I might be interested in. Interviews were set up with 4 other folks with me and those seemed to go well. After this, I received word that the founder also wanted to interview me by phone. After my phone interview, the founder then also reached out to one of my references whom he also knew after which an offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to describe in fair detail how I would handle still meeting schedule when there was an activity that I was reliant upon someone else to deliver whom had replied that they would be unable to meet my timeline due to other commitments.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Arista Networks in August 2013.

Question : Find missing number from an array of numbers that are sorted and each is an increment by 1 from the previous number.

Interview Questions
    • Easy questions but you need to be very quick .. no time to think.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Arista Networks in July 2013.

Two rounds of interviews,
    1st round screening -- delete a node from a linked list
                                     -- find the 1st missing number
                                     -- padding
    Did not do smoothly since still in working mode, but answered all.
    In fact, the interviewer's answer for padding is wrong.

2nd round the guy just say upfront the interview won't continue if
    1st hour does not go well. To implement a generic stack API (create,
     push/pop), we discussed some technical details while I implemented
     the stack api. After I finished, he said sorry.
     Unlike others, i did not feel shocked though I don't know why.
     It saved the time of both of us if chemistry does not match.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question, and luck depends on whether you give them the answer they want.   View Answer

Platform Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Arista Networks in January 2013.

On-site interview after career fair

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Arista Networks.

First round was onsite. Standard questions- delete nodes of a value from a linked list, size of a given structure on 32 bit machine, one code to debug (read up about argc argv). Coding was done directly in the terminal.
    Second round consisted of 2 one hour interviews. At the start of the first interview, the interviewer told upfront that there would not be a second round if things didn't go well. Proceeded to make me design a stack api for a generic stack. Used a dynamic array to design it. Google for "programming paradigms stanford generic stack" for details and a youtube video. Asked questions about implementation of memcpy, memove etc. How is the free memory managed in heap? How many push/extra copy if we resize the dynamic array for storing the stack by 2x each time it becomes full? At the end of the first hour- said sorry this doesn't seem to be a good fit. Was quite shocked as I had answered all the questions OK. Did not really get a feel of what the interviewer was expecting.

Seems like a stanford/cisco stronghold. Won't go so far as to say they are biased, but I got a mixed impression. Give it is shot.

Interview Questions
    • stack api, delete nodes from linked list, size of structure, code to debug.   Answer Question