Aristotle International Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2014
Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.5

Compliance Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aristotle International in July 2014.

I had applied over the years both online and after speaking to their employees/HR manager at a career fair as well as a networking contact. Since I had direct and related experience I kept trying.

I finally got an email asking to set up a phone interview. I spoke with one person, and we discussed various parts of the job: my previous experience in this field, what it was like working at Aristotle (since there were obviously some differences between them and my previous experiences elsewhere), working in a team vs. individually, what were my programming/coding skills, the process going forward, etc. Overall I felt it was a positive interview, that the interviewer and I managed to develop a rapport via the phone interview and that at the very least I'd get contacted to come in and speak with them in person.

In a separate email the interviewer requested my references and my salary requirements. Again, I assumed that he had requested more information was a positive sign that I'd at least move onto the next step.

2 weeks went by, and nothing. I noticed the job was reposted and decided to contact them the following week, to see if something would pop into my mailbox, but nothing. I followed up the following Monday. Got no response for 2 days and I assumed I wouldn't hear back.

However, I did get a response and apology, stating Aristotle was not hiring for this position at this time, but I was a great candidate and to please contact the interviewer if I should reapply for another position with them. Although I am somewhat confused (why repost the job? The job is also still on their website), I do appreciate getting a response instead of being left never knowing.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised by the coding/programming questions since the position posting as I understood it had nothing to do with it.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Aristotle International.

I had applied and interviewed at Aristotle for a similar position months prior and had a similar experience both times but I will detail the latter. After I had been declined initially, I reapplied for a similar position online a few weeks later and was invited to interview again. As with my first experience, it was extremely confusing and frustrating to find my interviewer (or anyone) once I arrived. There are two entrances; the one I was instructed to go to had no signs, no indication where to report once inside (not an office building but rather a converted townhouse of sorts). After 15mins of wandering and calling the number I was given (to no avail), I eventually found the interviewer. He apologized for the confusion. Bottom line: get there very early. It left a sour taste in my mouth as this had happened twice, seemed unorganized and made me seem incompetent/late.

The interview itself went well, standard questions for the most part-- "walk me through your resume," "why Aristotle?" etc. He went in depth about the position and I relayed my ability to handle the work. There were 2 rounds-- he said if they wanted to proceed with me after the remaining interviews, the CEO would be in touch about 2 weeks+ from then. I landed (and accepted) another position in the meantime so we'll never know how it would've turned out...

Interview Questions
    • If you were to describe your work ethic with a song, which would it be?   View Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aristotle International in January 2013.

Saw an ad on craigslist looking for a web designer. The skill set was in line with my skills and I felt the job was a good fit and applied. Received an email shortly after asking me to clarify some of my skills and did so.

I was then called a couple days later for a phone interview. Somewhat awkward interview and i felt, frankly, that it didn't go well. I felt no chemistry on my end and detected some annoyance in the tone from both me and the interviewer. Discussed my skills and experience and what the job supposedly involved. Figuring I bombed the interview and that would be that, I was shocked when they said they were very interested in me and wanted me to come in and do a face-to-face.

I showed up and was shown to the interview room and a gentleman came in and we spoke about the position. He confided that he wasn't very technical so he was waiting for other members of his team. Several others came in and sat down and proceeded to ask me questions. The problem is, they were asking me questions that I could not answer. They were asking me hardcore programming/developer questions. I had to politely ask them what position they thought I was interviewing for and they told me that I was interviewing for a Sharepoint Developer position. When I told them I was under the impression that I was interviewing for a web designer position and showed them the job on craigslist, they scratched their head and told me that they couldn't understand why that job description was posted and that they thought they hadn't used that description in "over a year". I told them that perhaps they should double-check their job postings as that job was posted a week before the interview. After that point the entire tone of the interview changed. I got the distinct impression that they couldn't get me out of there fast enough. Not before asking me to submit three re-designs for their website in order to "even be considered" for a further interview. Sorry they weren't getting a free website design out of me. I declined and thanked them for their time. I was in need of a job, but at the same time, I didn't want to work for a company that would make a mistake like posting a job position that is obsolete, and still bringing me in for an interview for a different job after extensively speaking on the phone about my skill set and experience.

The people were OK, but I left the interview feeling embarrassed and mortified because while they made the mistake, they made feel like it was my fault.

Interview Questions
    • Any question not related to the position I thought I was applying for.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aristotle International.

Very Technical

None

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Aristotle International in August 2010.

Questions of skills, test on analytical skills, SQL skills, etc.

Interview Questions
    • To do some analysis on voter data. Do SQL queries, search internet for facts.   View Answer

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Aristotle International in March 2011.

The phone interview is so easy

and the face to face they r looking for someone understand ajax very well
    and do quires in the db

Interview Questions

Worked for Aristotle International? Contribute to the Community!