Aristotle International Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2015

3.7

Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aristotle International (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

I had previously interviewed with the company (and was told they had changed their minds about hiring....but posted the job again just a couple of weeks after) and actually had been on the verge of interviewing for this position a few years ago, but for some reason nothing came out of it. I was contacted out of the blue (versus in response to me applying or calling up HR or whatever) and asked if I was still interested.

I replied in the affirmative and we set up an in person interview, with two people. We went over my resume, previous experiences, why I had left, the length of service, specific people I knew, etc. I have to admit, some of it was a little uncomfortable: while I had not left on a negative note with any of the positions (and was not fired), I had not kept in touch with these people and some I barely spoke to at all, due to the nature of my previous work. It was relevant for the job (since my position was closely related), but I tried to steer them towards people who I had worked with more closely.

We circled back to one particular experience on my resume and I felt one of the interviewers was a little aggressive in questioning. Again, I could understand why, but that particular experience was an uncomfortable one for me for various reasons and I chose to be honest about it.

We also spoke about my previous application to another job with Aristotle (naming my interviewer), and the current interviewer said that unless I had certain skills, I wasn't going to be hired. His response struck me as odd: it's unclear why he chose to reveal this information, since he was not part of the previous interview process and did not directly work with the person I spoke to, nor had I specified the job title for my application. I also felt at times the interviewer was not interested in further detail I was trying to provide as standard for some of the questions he asked.

We wrapped up and I left. In retrospect I felt I might have been too honest and I felt even less enthusiasm for the job and the office. I chose to withdraw my application that night, and did not receive a follow-up asking why or to acknowledge my email. Given the nature of how I was contacted (not in response to a specific posting and the information given to me about the previous interview), I somewhat wonder if they already had someone in mind for the position and whether I was just part of a "pool" of people to interview.

After the previous experience I already thought of this place as a little odd. I didn't really feel these interviewers were enthusiastic and was quite puzzled one chose to voice why he thought I had not been previously hired for the previous job (maybe he was correct but I'm not sure if that was his right to actually say it to me). Definitely crossing this place off for the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experiences. Why did you leave X place? What did you like best? What did you like least? What should we remember about you as a candidate?   Answer Question

Entry-Level Software Deveioper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aristotle International (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

So the initial interview was a phone interview with someone within the development team. They basically asked some general questions regarding your programming skills and what kind of experience you have outside of learning things from school. With me having no experience coming out of school I didn't have anything to share, such as projects I've done myself or other languages I've taught myself.

After this they scheduled me for an in-person interview which was a list of different exercises. They have you do an exercise in JavaScript using MVC pattern, SQL exercise, and a short code in C# using recursion.

If you're rusty on any of these I suggest touch up on them and be sure to start some of them on your own.

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects have you done on your own away from school?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aristotle International.

Interview

I had applied and interviewed at Aristotle for a similar position months prior and had a similar experience both times but I will detail the latter. After I had been declined initially, I reapplied for a similar position online a few weeks later and was invited to interview again. As with my first experience, it was extremely confusing and frustrating to find my interviewer (or anyone) once I arrived. There are two entrances; the one I was instructed to go to had no signs, no indication where to report once inside (not an office building but rather a converted townhouse of sorts). After 15mins of wandering and calling the number I was given (to no avail), I eventually found the interviewer. He apologized for the confusion. Bottom line: get there very early. It left a sour taste in my mouth as this had happened twice, seemed unorganized and made me seem incompetent/late.

The interview itself went well, standard questions for the most part-- "walk me through your resume," "why Aristotle?" etc. He went in depth about the position and I relayed my ability to handle the work. There were 2 rounds-- he said if they wanted to proceed with me after the remaining interviews, the CEO would be in touch about 2 weeks+ from then. I landed (and accepted) another position in the meantime so we'll never know how it would've turned out...

Interview Questions

• If you were to describe your work ethic with a song, which would it be?   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aristotle International (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Saw an ad on craigslist looking for a web designer. The skill set was in line with my skills and I felt the job was a good fit and applied. Received an email shortly after asking me to clarify some of my skills and did so.

I was then called a couple days later for a phone interview. Somewhat awkward interview and i felt, frankly, that it didn't go well. I felt no chemistry on my end and detected some annoyance in the tone from both me and the interviewer. Discussed my skills and experience and what the job supposedly involved. Figuring I bombed the interview and that would be that, I was shocked when they said they were very interested in me and wanted me to come in and do a face-to-face.

I showed up and was shown to the interview room and a gentleman came in and we spoke about the position. He confided that he wasn't very technical so he was waiting for other members of his team. Several others came in and sat down and proceeded to ask me questions. The problem is, they were asking me questions that I could not answer. They were asking me hardcore programming/developer questions. I had to politely ask them what position they thought I was interviewing for and they told me that I was interviewing for a Sharepoint Developer position. When I told them I was under the impression that I was interviewing for a web designer position and showed them the job on craigslist, they scratched their head and told me that they couldn't understand why that job description was posted and that they thought they hadn't used that description in "over a year". I told them that perhaps they should double-check their job postings as that job was posted a week before the interview. After that point the entire tone of the interview changed. I got the distinct impression that they couldn't get me out of there fast enough. Not before asking me to submit three re-designs for their website in order to "even be considered" for a further interview. Sorry they weren't getting a free website design out of me. I declined and thanked them for their time. I was in need of a job, but at the same time, I didn't want to work for a company that would make a mistake like posting a job position that is obsolete, and still bringing me in for an interview for a different job after extensively speaking on the phone about my skill set and experience.

The people were OK, but I left the interview feeling embarrassed and mortified because while they made the mistake, they made feel like it was my fault.

Interview Questions

• Any question not related to the position I thought I was applying for.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aristotle International (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very Technical

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aristotle International (Washington, DC) in August 2010.

Interview

Questions of skills, test on analytical skills, SQL skills, etc.

Interview Questions

• To do some analysis on voter data. Do SQL queries, search internet for facts.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aristotle International in March 2011.

Interview

The phone interview is so easy

and the face to face they r looking for someone understand ajax very well
    and do quires in the db