Aristotle International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Web Designer Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aristotle International in January 2013.

Interview Details – Saw an ad on craigslist looking for a web designer. The skill set was in line with my skills and I felt the job was a good fit and applied. Received an email shortly after asking me to clarify some of my skills and did so.

I was then called a couple days later for a phone interview. Somewhat awkward interview and i felt, frankly, that it didn't go well. I felt no chemistry on my end and detected some annoyance in the tone from both me and the interviewer. Discussed my skills and experience and what the job supposedly involved. Figuring I bombed the interview and that would be that, I was shocked when they said they were very interested in me and wanted me to come in and do a face-to-face.

I showed up and was shown to the interview room and a gentleman came in and we spoke about the position. He confided that he wasn't very technical so he was waiting for other members of his team. Several others came in and sat down and proceeded to ask me questions. The problem is, they were asking me questions that I could not answer. They were asking me hardcore programming/developer questions. I had to politely ask them what position they thought I was interviewing for and they told me that I was interviewing for a Sharepoint Developer position. When I told them I was under the impression that I was interviewing for a web designer position and showed them the job on craigslist, they scratched their head and told me that they couldn't understand why that job description was posted and that they thought they hadn't used that description in "over a year". I told them that perhaps they should double-check their job postings as that job was posted a week before the interview. After that point the entire tone of the interview changed. I got the distinct impression that they couldn't get me out of there fast enough. Not before asking me to submit three re-designs for their website in order to "even be considered" for a further interview. Sorry they weren't getting a free website design out of me. I declined and thanked them for their time. I was in need of a job, but at the same time, I didn't want to work for a company that would make a mistake like posting a job position that is obsolete, and still bringing me in for an interview for a different job after extensively speaking on the phone about my skill set and experience.

The people were OK, but I left the interview feeling embarrassed and mortified because while they made the mistake, they made feel like it was my fault.

Interview Question – Any question not related to the position I thought I was applying for.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Member Interview

Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aristotle International.

Interview Details – Very Technical

Interview Question – C# Skills, Design Patterns, Complex SQL   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Business Analyst Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aristotle International in August 2010.

Interview Details – Questions of skills, test on analytical skills, SQL skills, etc.

Interview Question – To do some analysis on voter data. Do SQL queries, search internet for facts.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Aristotle International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aristotle International interview questions and advice in Washington, DC. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aristotle International employees and interview candidates.