Aritzia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aritzia (Seattle, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was brief, and to the point. No curveballs or difficult questions. She asked me a few questions and then explained the details of working at Aritzia. My interview may have been slightly different than average, because I had been recruited. There was only one interview, and I was able to start working right away.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Aritzia?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aritzia (New York, NY).

Interview

The application is online, and they get back to you generally within a week. It was easy setting up an interview time, and they asked questions such as "tell me about yourself", "why aritzia" and other general sales associate questions. Super friendly!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aritzia.

Interview

Rather like high school. Very fake. Made catty remarks. Kept saying for me to be myself but also made it seem like she was judging me. She was beautiful but she also came off as a gold digger. Carrying a prada bag was a big mistake she seemed to like me more once she saw it.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you would want others to wear Aritzia clothes   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I interviewed at Aritzia in July 2013.

Interview

I recently had my interview with Aritzia for a management position. Still have one more round of interviews to go. The people that interviewed me were all very friendly and it made the interview much easier. It was very professional and they answered all the questions and concerns I had with the company. From what I witnessed from people walking back and forth in the background, the atmosphere was very casual but everyone kept their heads down and nose to the grind. Seems like a good company to work for but we'll have to see if I get the position!

Interview Questions

• First round is pretty general. Stuff like tell me about yourself, what do you know about our company and other basic behavioral type questions. Second round goes more in depth about your experience. Be prepared to give lots of examples of how you excelled in your previous job.   Answer Question

Part Time Interview

Interview

very nice

competitive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aritzia (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Aritizia had been recruiting me through LinkedIn and email for over a year. I finally decided to meet with the hiring manager. She asked me a lot about my average sales, but working at retail where sales were not tracked, it was hard to give her an average. I expressed that most of my experience was with restocking and merchandising and that is what I would be most interested in, but she nonetheless, hired me on the spot for a sales associate position. With my brief experience with the company, I think she honestly just had a quota to meet. Aritzia is all about numbers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, I was offered a position at the end of a short interview with an above average hourly rate.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aritzia (Paramus, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online for a summer job for the new store that was opening in a nearby mall. I was invited to a group interview with the store manager and her assistant. It was an incredibly unpleasant experience, seeing as the two interviewers spent the entire time giggling with each other as our group attempted to answer their questions. At one point, it seemed like they were mocking us - it felt very high-school to me and I did not feel comfortable with the way they were treating us.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to describe our style and why we wanted to work for the store, as well as our personal policies for quality customer service.   Answer Question

I received a much better offer from a different store. Even if I hadn't, I probably still wouldn't have accepted this job, considering the managerial staff seemed catty and unprofessional during the interview. It was very disappointing.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aritzia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

- Applied online via careers section from Aritzia. - Recruiter from Aritzia had a 30 mins phone interview with me. - In person interview with Recruiter and Managers in person for 1.5 hr and presented portfolio. - Got a design brief which required to complete the design in a week, showed the design strategies, process and final work. - Presented in person to their Directors. - I didn't get notify after a week that they didn't choose me. I had to follow up by myself.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aritzia (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online, got an interview shortly afterwards at their Toronto office on Spadina. There were many girls being interviewed that day by a few senior staff members. The woman who interviewed me was nice enough but I could tell that some of the less extroverted girls were very uncomfortable, even in the waiting room. I was very familiar with the company so I probably knew the right answers to the questions, but in general they were very easy non specific interview questions (i.e. "tell me about yourself", "why aritzia" etc.)

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aritzia (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview itself was very laid back, I got the meet and greet through a recruiter. The lady who interviewed me was the store manager and it lasted about 10 minutes. Questions were basic although I felt like there were specific answers she wanted. Overall, easy interview and it definitely helps if you do some research of the company beforehand and are interested latest trends in fashion. Currently waiting for the district manager to contact me back for the second interview.