Aritzia

Average Difficulty
65 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aritzia.

Interview Details – The application is online, and they get back to you generally within a week. It was easy setting up an interview time, and they asked questions such as "tell me about yourself", "why aritzia" and other general sales associate questions. Super friendly!

Interview Question – Where do you look to follow fashion trends?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aritzia.

Interview Details – Rather like high school. Very fake. Made catty remarks. Kept saying for me to be myself but also made it seem like she was judging me. She was beautiful but she also came off as a gold digger. Carrying a prada bag was a big mistake she seemed to like me more once she saw it.

Interview Question – Explain why you would want others to wear Aritzia clothes   View Answer

Management Interview

Management

I interviewed at Aritzia in July 2013.

Interview Details – I recently had my interview with Aritzia for a management position. Still have one more round of interviews to go.

The people that interviewed me were all very friendly and it made the interview much easier. It was very professional and they answered all the questions and concerns I had with the company. From what I witnessed from people walking back and forth in the background, the atmosphere was very casual but everyone kept their heads down and nose to the grind. Seems like a good company to work for but we'll have to see if I get the position!

Interview Question – First round is pretty general. Stuff like tell me about yourself, what do you know about our company and other basic behavioral type questions. Second round goes more in depth about your experience. Be prepared to give lots of examples of how you excelled in your previous job.   Answer Question

Paramus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aritzia in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for a summer job for the new store that was opening in a nearby mall. I was invited to a group interview with the store manager and her assistant. It was an incredibly unpleasant experience, seeing as the two interviewers spent the entire time giggling with each other as our group attempted to answer their questions. At one point, it seemed like they were mocking us - it felt very high-school to me and I did not feel comfortable with the way they were treating us.

Interview Question – We were asked to describe our style and why we wanted to work for the store, as well as our personal policies for quality customer service.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a much better offer from a different store. Even if I hadn't, I probably still wouldn't have accepted this job, considering the managerial staff seemed catty and unprofessional during the interview. It was very disappointing.

Part Time Interview

Part Time

Interviewed at Aritzia

Interview Details – very nice

Interview Question – hobby   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – competitive

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aritzia in December 2012.

Interview Details – Aritizia had been recruiting me through LinkedIn and email for over a year. I finally decided to meet with the hiring manager. She asked me a lot about my average sales, but working at retail where sales were not tracked, it was hard to give her an average. I expressed that most of my experience was with restocking and merchandising and that is what I would be most interested in, but she nonetheless, hired me on the spot for a sales associate position. With my brief experience with the company, I think she honestly just had a quota to meet. Aritzia is all about numbers.

Interview Question – What is your average sales per hour?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was offered a position at the end of a short interview with an above average hourly rate.

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aritzia in June 2014.

Interview Details – I dropped off my resume at Aritzia, and received a call the next day to schedule an interview. Went in a week later to speak with the Floor Manager and was asked a few questions. The conversation was very pleasant, and we chatted for a while about my resume and other random things.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Aritzia?   Answer Question

Shipper & Receiver Interview

Shipper & Receiver
Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aritzia in February 2011.

Interview Details – Group Interview - 8 - 10 applicants in a circle - Asked questions and basically the loudest and most outgoing person would speak out with the answer..Looking to know brands that they offer, experience related specifically to the position, how many units received in an hour, their standard is usually 120 an hour once you are fully trained. What is your long term goal? i.e. to work and move up to manager and then corporate? They like people who want to stay with the company in retail.

Interview Question – No aspect was overly difficult, however being unfamiliar/unexperienced with group interviews was an eye opener. You really need to speak up, and don't hesitate to elaborate despite having competitors listen in. Focus on your answers and the manager facilitating the interview, as if it was a 1:1.   Answer Question

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Aritzia in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and it took a couple of days to get a call. There were a few girls before me so i had to wait. The interview went well. Know the company and she asked simple questions as well as my resume.

Interview Question – All questions were very straight-forward.   Answer Question

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aritzia.

Interview Details – I Applied online, and receive the email after two weeks. Interview questions were not difficult, such as why Aritzia, how much do you know about of Aritzia, tell about yourself.

Interview Question – why Aritzia?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aritzia

Worked for Aritzia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aritzia interview questions and advice. All 65 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aritzia employees and interview candidates.