Aritzia Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aritzia (Seattle, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was brief, and to the point. No curveballs or difficult questions. She asked me a few questions and then explained the details of working at Aritzia. My interview may have been slightly different than average, because I had been recruited. There was only one interview, and I was able to start working right away.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Aritzia?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aritzia

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aritzia (New York, NY).

Interview

The application is online, and they get back to you generally within a week. It was easy setting up an interview time, and they asked questions such as "tell me about yourself", "why aritzia" and other general sales associate questions. Super friendly!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aritzia.

Interview

Rather like high school. Very fake. Made catty remarks. Kept saying for me to be myself but also made it seem like she was judging me. She was beautiful but she also came off as a gold digger. Carrying a prada bag was a big mistake she seemed to like me more once she saw it.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you would want others to wear Aritzia clothes   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aritzia (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Aritizia had been recruiting me through LinkedIn and email for over a year. I finally decided to meet with the hiring manager. She asked me a lot about my average sales, but working at retail where sales were not tracked, it was hard to give her an average. I expressed that most of my experience was with restocking and merchandising and that is what I would be most interested in, but she nonetheless, hired me on the spot for a sales associate position. With my brief experience with the company, I think she honestly just had a quota to meet. Aritzia is all about numbers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, I was offered a position at the end of a short interview with an above average hourly rate.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aritzia (Paramus, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online for a summer job for the new store that was opening in a nearby mall. I was invited to a group interview with the store manager and her assistant. It was an incredibly unpleasant experience, seeing as the two interviewers spent the entire time giggling with each other as our group attempted to answer their questions. At one point, it seemed like they were mocking us - it felt very high-school to me and I did not feel comfortable with the way they were treating us.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to describe our style and why we wanted to work for the store, as well as our personal policies for quality customer service.   Answer Question

I received a much better offer from a different store. Even if I hadn't, I probably still wouldn't have accepted this job, considering the managerial staff seemed catty and unprofessional during the interview. It was very disappointing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aritzia (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online, got an interview shortly afterwards at their Toronto office on Spadina. There were many girls being interviewed that day by a few senior staff members. The woman who interviewed me was nice enough but I could tell that some of the less extroverted girls were very uncomfortable, even in the waiting room. I was very familiar with the company so I probably knew the right answers to the questions, but in general they were very easy non specific interview questions (i.e. "tell me about yourself", "why aritzia" etc.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aritzia (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview itself was very laid back, I got the meet and greet through a recruiter. The lady who interviewed me was the store manager and it lasted about 10 minutes. Questions were basic although I felt like there were specific answers she wanted. Overall, easy interview and it definitely helps if you do some research of the company beforehand and are interested latest trends in fashion. Currently waiting for the district manager to contact me back for the second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aritzia (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to set up a brief 5 minute meet and greet with a store manager. Came in for the meet and greet which was done by the back of the store. It was very relaxed and friendly, more like a casual conversation. After 15 minutes, I was told the manager would look into whether my preferred work locations were hiring and that I would hear back the next day. Received the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose this stream to study in university and are you currently pursuing it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aritzia in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got an unexpected e-mail for a meet and greet a few weeks later, pretty much anyone who applies gets an interview, she asked me a few questions, then told me that there aren't any available jobs and that she would call me back if I'm accepted and if there's an available job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aritzia.

Interview

Pretty casual, non-intimidating conversation. Seems like they are more interested in getting to know you and your personality to see if you are a good fit and they will give you the opportunity to prove on the floor if you are good seller. Definitely show up in an outfit that reflects your own style and is on trend with their brand. Don't dress business formal, this isn't a typical interview and they want to see your style.

Interview Questions

• It was a while ago so I don't really remember but they did ask about education, previous work experience, if I had sales experience, customer service experience, etc. Did not ask any situational questions ("tell me about a time when...")   Answer Question