Aritzia Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aritzia (New York, NY).

Interview

The application is online, and they get back to you generally within a week. It was easy setting up an interview time, and they asked questions such as "tell me about yourself", "why aritzia" and other general sales associate questions. Super friendly!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aritzia

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aritzia.

Interview

Rather like high school. Very fake. Made catty remarks. Kept saying for me to be myself but also made it seem like she was judging me. She was beautiful but she also came off as a gold digger. Carrying a prada bag was a big mistake she seemed to like me more once she saw it.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you would want others to wear Aritzia clothes   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aritzia (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Aritizia had been recruiting me through LinkedIn and email for over a year. I finally decided to meet with the hiring manager. She asked me a lot about my average sales, but working at retail where sales were not tracked, it was hard to give her an average. I expressed that most of my experience was with restocking and merchandising and that is what I would be most interested in, but she nonetheless, hired me on the spot for a sales associate position. With my brief experience with the company, I think she honestly just had a quota to meet. Aritzia is all about numbers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, I was offered a position at the end of a short interview with an above average hourly rate.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aritzia (Paramus, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online for a summer job for the new store that was opening in a nearby mall. I was invited to a group interview with the store manager and her assistant. It was an incredibly unpleasant experience, seeing as the two interviewers spent the entire time giggling with each other as our group attempted to answer their questions. At one point, it seemed like they were mocking us - it felt very high-school to me and I did not feel comfortable with the way they were treating us.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to describe our style and why we wanted to work for the store, as well as our personal policies for quality customer service.   Answer Question

I received a much better offer from a different store. Even if I hadn't, I probably still wouldn't have accepted this job, considering the managerial staff seemed catty and unprofessional during the interview. It was very disappointing.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aritzia.

Interview

Pretty casual, non-intimidating conversation. Seems like they are more interested in getting to know you and your personality to see if you are a good fit and they will give you the opportunity to prove on the floor if you are good seller. Definitely show up in an outfit that reflects your own style and is on trend with their brand. Don't dress business formal, this isn't a typical interview and they want to see your style.

Interview Questions

• It was a while ago so I don't really remember but they did ask about education, previous work experience, if I had sales experience, customer service experience, etc. Did not ask any situational questions ("tell me about a time when...")   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aritzia (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

- Hired through referral
    - (1) In person interview with store manager / (1) in person interview with regional manager
    - Style and attitude is their key points in determining a hireable individual
    - Very friendly interview
    - started off with small talk about self and the managers self
    - talks about your resume and previous experience
    - very relaxed
    - asks about availability
    - they hire you on the spot
    - start pay and first day is discussed

Interview Questions

• 1. Why did you choose Aritzia?
      2. What do you know about Aritzia?
      3. How you would you describe your own style and how can you utilize it with our brand?

1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Aritzia (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an email a week after. I was interview in the store for 5 mins. The interview was casual and short. Easy questions but the manager seems not interested in me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aritzia (North York, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very casual and seemed to not care about what I had to say. The interviewer looked casually at resume throughout the process. It was clear that she had no intention of hiring me. She seemed uninterested and detached. I was really let down by the whole thing.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aritzia (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Very friendly and brief. Manager was kind and asked basic questions about why I wanted to work there, and what I could add to the company. Be sure to wear items from Aritzia at the interview! If you have a sense of style that works for the company image you're halfway there. They really like enthusiasm, and if you display a knowledge of the store already.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. $13/hr.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very casual barely asked about previous work experience and she mostly just had a conversation with me. Offered a job within 20 minutes of meeting. Basically was trying to assess whether I fit based on a casual conversation