Aritzia Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aritzia.

The application is online, and they get back to you generally within a week. It was easy setting up an interview time, and they asked questions such as "tell me about yourself", "why aritzia" and other general sales associate questions. Super friendly!

Other Interview Reviews for Aritzia

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aritzia.

Rather like high school. Very fake. Made catty remarks. Kept saying for me to be myself but also made it seem like she was judging me. She was beautiful but she also came off as a gold digger. Carrying a prada bag was a big mistake she seemed to like me more once she saw it.

Interview Questions
    • Explain why you would want others to wear Aritzia clothes   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aritzia in December 2012.

Aritizia had been recruiting me through LinkedIn and email for over a year. I finally decided to meet with the hiring manager. She asked me a lot about my average sales, but working at retail where sales were not tracked, it was hard to give her an average. I expressed that most of my experience was with restocking and merchandising and that is what I would be most interested in, but she nonetheless, hired me on the spot for a sales associate position. With my brief experience with the company, I think she honestly just had a quota to meet. Aritzia is all about numbers.

Interview Questions
    Yes, I was offered a position at the end of a short interview with an above average hourly rate.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aritzia in June 2012.

I applied online for a summer job for the new store that was opening in a nearby mall. I was invited to a group interview with the store manager and her assistant. It was an incredibly unpleasant experience, seeing as the two interviewers spent the entire time giggling with each other as our group attempted to answer their questions. At one point, it seemed like they were mocking us - it felt very high-school to me and I did not feel comfortable with the way they were treating us.

Interview Questions
    • We were asked to describe our style and why we wanted to work for the store, as well as our personal policies for quality customer service.   Answer Question

I received a much better offer from a different store. Even if I hadn't, I probably still wouldn't have accepted this job, considering the managerial staff seemed catty and unprofessional during the interview. It was very disappointing.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Aritzia.

Very casual, almost like talking to a friend. Interviewer was super nice. The interview lasted about 3-5 mins.I dressed all Aritzia and the interviewer said she loved my outfit (I definitely recommend dressing in Aritzia). I recommend to be outgoing and come prepared (know what hours/days you can work, make sure you have reliable transportation ect.).

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aritzia.

It was very brief, asked the usual interview questions.
    I dressed in all Aritzia clothing as I am a usual customer for the brand.
    I've always wanted to work there since I loved the style and atmosphere of the store!
    The store manager was very kind but I noticed how busy all the other SA's were while the interview took place near the back of the room.
    I had no retail experience before and I am heading into my first year of uni in the upcoming September.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aritzia.

Submitted my resume online and was called in for a short 'meet and greet' with the store manager within a week. This meet & greet is basically guaranteed once you have submitted your application. I made a point to dress in a manner I knew was very brand oriented, and we had a short discussion on my outfit beforehand. I was not wearing all items from Aritzia, but I did embody the look they were going for as a brand. Was hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aritzia.

Applied online through the website via careers portal. Received an email shortly after a week, and an interview the following week. It was a pretty quick process. The interview is held in this cute, kind of shady looking office downtown, Spadina.

Interview Questions
    • Which brand from our collection you like the most and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aritzia.

Applied online, and the whole process took up to two weeks to scheduled me an interview. I did it at Aritzia's office, pretty far along spadina ave. with two other candidates. Questions are basic ones like : why aritzia, what's good about aritzia and have you done any service delivering hob before etc.

Sales Associate Interview

Got recruited at a store by the store manager as I was paying for some clothes. Was asked if I was a student/ currently employed and if I was interested in a job at Aritzia. Made an appointment for an interview with her.
    When I arrived for the interview I was told that the store manager was at a meeting, so my interview was conducted by the district manager. The standard interview questions were asked (why do you want to work here, what are your hobbies etc.)
    Relatively easy, laid back interview style that ends up being like a conversation between two friends. They just want to get a feel for your personality.

Interview Questions
    • Why choose Aritzia? Honestly, the questions were pretty typical.   Answer Question