Aritzia

Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.1

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aritzia.

The application is online, and they get back to you generally within a week. It was easy setting up an interview time, and they asked questions such as "tell me about yourself", "why aritzia" and other general sales associate questions. Super friendly!

Other Interview Reviews for Aritzia

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aritzia.

Rather like high school. Very fake. Made catty remarks. Kept saying for me to be myself but also made it seem like she was judging me. She was beautiful but she also came off as a gold digger. Carrying a prada bag was a big mistake she seemed to like me more once she saw it.

Interview Questions
    • Explain why you would want others to wear Aritzia clothes   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aritzia in December 2012.

Aritizia had been recruiting me through LinkedIn and email for over a year. I finally decided to meet with the hiring manager. She asked me a lot about my average sales, but working at retail where sales were not tracked, it was hard to give her an average. I expressed that most of my experience was with restocking and merchandising and that is what I would be most interested in, but she nonetheless, hired me on the spot for a sales associate position. With my brief experience with the company, I think she honestly just had a quota to meet. Aritzia is all about numbers.

Interview Questions
    Yes, I was offered a position at the end of a short interview with an above average hourly rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aritzia in June 2012.

I applied online for a summer job for the new store that was opening in a nearby mall. I was invited to a group interview with the store manager and her assistant. It was an incredibly unpleasant experience, seeing as the two interviewers spent the entire time giggling with each other as our group attempted to answer their questions. At one point, it seemed like they were mocking us - it felt very high-school to me and I did not feel comfortable with the way they were treating us.

Interview Questions
    • We were asked to describe our style and why we wanted to work for the store, as well as our personal policies for quality customer service.   Answer Question

I received a much better offer from a different store. Even if I hadn't, I probably still wouldn't have accepted this job, considering the managerial staff seemed catty and unprofessional during the interview. It was very disappointing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Aritzia.

They called me for a meet and great and it seemed to go well but I was never called back. The interviewer was very nice and it was an overall good interview experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aritzia in November 2014.

Applied online and recieved an email about a week later saying that I had an interview with the store manager in two days. I went in and I guess the manager was unaware that she was interviewing people that day. Long story short, I ended up reapplying in person and haven't heard back yet.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aritzia in November 2014.

I went into Aritzia to browse like usual and struck up a conversation with one of the employees there, this lead to chatting with several employees. I mentioned how I would enjoy working there and they all encouraged me to apply. That night I received a text about an interview the next day. I didn't get a response on the time so I went in the next day and asked about the interview. The manager didn't have time but wanted to interview me, so we did a impromptu interview that was 5-10 minutes long. She was very understanding since I told her I would not be able to work Boxing Day - early January, which is a blackout period. She would have hired me on the spot, but we concluded that she would talk to the HR department, and I would either start ASAP until Boxing Day, or start in January when I returned. Either way I was offered a position on the spot. I'm not sure if I was considered an in-store application, or employee referral, as the girl I had met that day personally "referred" me to the manager though I didn't know her.

*I did wear Aritzia clothing, not sure whether or not that makes a difference. I suspect that through observation (unless you apply online) they have pretty much decided whether or not they'll hire you before the interview based on your first impression (aka style haha)

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked one question other than availability, etc.
      Tell me about yourself?

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aritzia.

My friend who works at aritzia referred me for a job. Manager called me and asked for me to come in for an interview the next day. Waited in the seating area of the store for about 15 minutes until she was finished with her tasks. Interview was very easy and relaxed. Made her laugh a few times and felt it was going well. She hired me on the spot. What you are wearing is very important and I feel she decided whether she was going to hire me before we even talked. I wore all aritzia clothing and I think it played a big factor into me getting the job. Only complaint is that while I was waiting all the sales associates working were giving very dirty looks. Other than that a great experience!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected. What inspired you to become interested in fashion, how would you describe your personal style, tell me about yourself etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. She asked what I was being paid at my current job and I said $11/hr. She offered me $13/hr and I excepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Aritzia in October 2014.

It was at Yorkdale Mall. The lady was nice to some but not others, they judge you if you not wearing aritiza clothes there. I felt like it went well but no email back.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aritzia in October 2014.

A friend provided a recruiter with my information, and I was as contacted by e-mail to meet for an interview. A couple days later I met up with the recruiter and we chatted for no longer than 5-10 minutes. It was fairly casual with basic interview questions like "tell me about yourself, etc." I got hired on the spot.

You need to show personality and dress fashion forward. You do not necessarily have to wear Aritzia's clothes to get hired (as others have stated), you just need to "look Aritzia."

Interview Questions
    She asked which locations were most convenient for me and what I was expecting for pay. I got my desired location and pay.