Arizona Department of Education Interview Questions

Education Specialist Interview

Phone, in-person

.NET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arizona Department of Education in January 2011.

phone interview 1:1 and then F2f

Interview Questions
    • all basic asp.net and sql questions, with some real time questions   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Arizona Department of Education in May 2011.

My recruited sent me in "green" and I hadn't even seen a job description until the actual interview. The interview process was pleasant, I was actually very excited to start and looked forward to the challenge.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any real difficulties. It was pleasant and positive. Mostly about skill sets.   Answer Question

Initially it was a temp to perm position, after three months was supposed to switch. It didn't, in fact until I pushed it the entire 'promise' was dropped. Then the process was started and I decided that it just wasn't worth it.

Stayed on as a contractor until I'd had enough. Hated being in such a grumpy and frustrated mood every day because it was just that type of atmosphere.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I was sat at a table with the founder of the school the principal and a teacher. I was asked as they called them canned questions. I was asked how I handle discipline and behavior problems. I was also asked questions like what was my favorite movie and favorite book.

Interview Questions
    • The question about my favorite book caught me off guard.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Arizona Department of Education in June 2011.

Hiring manager and project managers asked me questions in an office. They were mostly situational questions, except for one request to write a SQL query. Manager mostly sat in then left, leaving the PMs asking most of the questions. Nothing too stressful. Environment is very conservative; men wear ties at the interview (you should wear suit).

Interview Questions
    • Given these two relational tables with these columns (spoken aloud), write a join statement.   View Answer
    Worked with agency.

Administrative Assistant Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Arizona Department of Education in August 2010.

I initially turned the job down but the manager was persistent and made me feel at ease with flattery about my skills. I found out after I got hired that other people within ADE were interviewed for the same position but would not take it based on the amount of work expected and the low pay. They did not want to make a lateral move with increased responsibility. I regret accepting that position.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult questions. The manager had very little skill in interviewing and was in a rush to get the position filled.   Answer Question
    It was too fast and I mistook the manager's desperation for excitement and eagerness to work with me.

Worked for Arizona Department of Education? Contribute to the Community!