Arizona Department of Education

Education Specialist Interview

Education Specialist

Interviewed at Arizona Department of Education

Interview Details – Phone, in-person

Interview Question – Very detailed questions about instruction   Answer Question

.NET Interview

.NET
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arizona Department of Education in January 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview 1:1 and then F2f

Interview Question – all basic asp.net and sql questions, with some real time questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Arizona Department of Education in May 2011.

Interview Details – My recruited sent me in "green" and I hadn't even seen a job description until the actual interview. The interview process was pleasant, I was actually very excited to start and looked forward to the challenge.

Interview Question – There weren't any real difficulties. It was pleasant and positive. Mostly about skill sets.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Initially it was a temp to perm position, after three months was supposed to switch. It didn't, in fact until I pushed it the entire 'promise' was dropped. Then the process was started and I decided that it just wasn't worth it.

Stayed on as a contractor until I'd had enough. Hated being in such a grumpy and frustrated mood every day because it was just that type of atmosphere.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Substitute Teacher Interview

Substitute Teacher
Tucson, AZ

Interviewed at Arizona Department of Education

Interview Details – I was sat at a table with the founder of the school the principal and a teacher. I was asked as they called them canned questions. I was asked how I handle discipline and behavior problems. I was also asked questions like what was my favorite movie and favorite book.

Interview Question – The question about my favorite book caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Arizona Department of Education in June 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring manager and project managers asked me questions in an office. They were mostly situational questions, except for one request to write a SQL query. Manager mostly sat in then left, leaving the PMs asking most of the questions. Nothing too stressful. Environment is very conservative; men wear ties at the interview (you should wear suit).

Interview Question – Given these two relational tables with these columns (spoken aloud), write a join statement.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Worked with agency.

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Arizona Department of Education in August 2010.

Interview Details – I initially turned the job down but the manager was persistent and made me feel at ease with flattery about my skills. I found out after I got hired that other people within ADE were interviewed for the same position but would not take it based on the amount of work expected and the low pay. They did not want to make a lateral move with increased responsibility. I regret accepting that position.

Interview Question – I don't recall any difficult questions. The manager had very little skill in interviewing and was in a rush to get the position filled.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was too fast and I mistook the manager's desperation for excitement and eagerness to work with me.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Arizona Department of Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arizona Department of Education interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Arizona Department of Education employees and interview candidates.