Arizona MENTOR

Profile Unclaimed

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arizona MENTOR

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Direct Support Professional Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Arizona MENTOR in December 2011.

Applied on-line on Indeed website. Called me right away for interview. Interviewed at a local group home in my area with 2 women who are part of the staff at the home. Interview took about 2 and 1/2 hours. The woman who said she would be there for the interview was from another town and was not in attendance. The ladies were very through in describing the job and provided a video to watch about the position. They were looking for someone with prior healthcare type experience, which I did not have, but they spent alot of time with me. In the end I was surprised to learn that this was a part-time job at 9.00 an hour with no benefits and wanting an on call availability 24/7. I thought it was a full time job with benefits and told them so. The job description and website implied it was a full time job with benefits, but in the fine print it said no all positions in all areas offer benefits. They were looking for someone to make a considerable commitment to the clients being served. If your going to take this Direct Support Professional job, you should be aware that it requires a high level of dedication and lots of rules. I would have taken the job if it had benefits and full time, even at 9.00 an hour. I told the ladies I was looking for full time. They did call me back and say they had hired a person with more experience, that was nice. I did not expect a call since I had told the ladies that I wanted full time woth benefits.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle dealing with a co-worker who was rushing a client and not doing their job properly?   View Answer