Arizona Public Service Company

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Leader, Creative Services Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company in December 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen interview with the HR recruiter, then 2 calls with the hiring manager, then a panel interview with peers, and a final interview with the VP.

Interview Question – None. Typical standardized behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some negotiation on salary and PTO, probably due to the fact that I was relocating for the job.

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company.

Interview Details – Very professional and friendly process

Interview Question – Some technical marketing questions   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Intern Interview

Arizona State University, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company in March 2011.

Interview Details – I scored my interview at a career fair at Arizona State University. I had one interview for the Palo Verde Power Plant. They really liked veterans (I was not). The company culture seemed perfect for someone with a military background. The interview was strictly behavioral with an expectation of a STAR (situation, task, action, result) response. I was also asked to prepare a presentation on an arbitrary subject ahead of time.

Interview Question – What was a difficult situation you had in a team of yours? How did you resolve it, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company in April 2009.

Interview Details – The interview is with a minimum of 3 people. They are usually manager and Department Leads. The questions are mostly HR questions and are situational in nature. At the end they may ask a few technical questions. Each set of questions has a category. Your answer should be in the STAR format. What was the situation or challenge, what was the task or what had to be achieved, what was the action you took, and what was the result. After the interview they should get back to you in a week. If not you did not get the job. They will not call you if you did not get the job.

Interview Question – Have you ever failed at a task? What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is really no negotiation that you can do. HR is really bad at that. Salary sticks.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company.

Interview Details – After 2 weeks, there were phone interviews. Then, APS invited me for an in-person interview. At this point, a panel of supervisors will interview me, and a presentation on my part was needed. They will use the STAR format for interviewing. The panel will keep asking about situations in your college life, and they wanted detailed information on specific actions.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult if you study up on STAR format. It would be difficult if you lack experience, projects, or group activities. For example, they asked to explain situation in which I performed an analysis and made a recommendation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company.

Interview Details – After meeting a recruiter at a career fair. A next day interview was scheduled which included giving a presentation. The recruiter was very friendly and asked behavioral based questions. They were common interview questions that would normally be asked. Overall the interview process was very positive.

Interview Question – Do you use technology to help you keep organized.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Palo Verde Legacy Program Engineer Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company.

Interview Details – Met with some APS representatives at a career fair, left with my resume and got a call later in the day for an hour long interview the next day. They wanted a 15 min presentation of a group project or research I had been a part of, which is unusual for interviews, but I suppose it helps them evaluate candidates. So I spent the day before preparing for the presentation.

The interview was a behavioral-based interview. A lot of "describe a time when" or "tell me about how you..." type questions. There were probably around 7-10 total questions, and I had the option of doing my presentation before or after the behavioral questions. They said they would be evaluating the candidates in the coming month and inform the candidates about a month later on their decisions.

Interview Question – They were all pretty typical behavioral questions. I know they asked me about a time when I had to motivate a person. But the most unexpected was definitely the 15 min presentation they asked for.   Answer Question

Windows Engineer Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for the position of Windows Engineer, even though the job description read like an administrator. It became open on 7/16/2012, I applied on 8/22/2012, 10/26/2012, and 2/26/2013. They contacted me on 3/1, on 3/4 I interviewed with the HR recruiter. Interview onsite 3/12. Everyone was really nice, and they probed and asked lots of questions. After the interview was over i asked when they would get back to me about a decision they said on 3/22. I didnt hear from them so i called on 3/27, on 3/29 i got the standard "other candidates letter". Really wasnt a surprise as i was told in the interview i sounding like a great admin but they were looking for someone to do more engineering work then the Job description had. I asked why it took so long to contact me about the position and they said the person I.T. tech recruiter retired/quit and the work was dumped on to someone else who knew nothing about I.T.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Engineer - Systems Engineering Interview

Tonopah, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company in October 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process has changed, hopefully for the better since I hired on. When I did, and in talking to the others hired at the same time, it was all horror stories about lost offers, confusion in HR, huge month long delays. They have completely revamped that department (all new people) and I have not heard a similar story. Interviews are typical and give you a good opportunity to interview the boss.

Interview Question – No tough questions that I remember. I process was an interview with senior engineering management and then a one-on-one with your potential manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They low ball the initial offer automatically, probably still do. I simply said it had to go up and it went up 20% plus a sign on bonus.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company in March 2012.

Interview Details – Took a long time from initial application sent in/contact for initial phone interview (December) to a panel interview (March) to finally getting an offer to start in May. Panel interview was slightly intimidating, but ended up working out. This is with former talent acquisition manager; this person has recently left the company.

Interview Question – When you had to tell someone "no" in a workplace situation, what did you do?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Arizona Public Service Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arizona Public Service Company interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Arizona Public Service Company employees and interview candidates.