Arizona Public Service Company Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I met first with an attorney, then with two other admin people. I was there for a couple of hours; the job advertised was completely different from the job being offered. Once I found out what the job really was, I wasn't interested and didn't really pretend to be especially interested or enthusiastic. Not only was I not interested in the job being offered, but I felt like I had been tricked into applying with a bait and switch. Having said that, the job paid very well, the people I met with were all very nice, it seems like a good company, and I'd considered interviewing there again, but this particular job simply wasn't what I was looking for and was not even a legal department job.

Interview Questions

• They like the STAR interview questions, most of which presented negative/dire situations. Examples: Describe a time you were unable to complete a task on time and had to ask the team for help in order to get it done and how you got the team to help you out. Describe a situation where it was more efficient to work as a team rather than by yourself. Describe a time you failed and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Support Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The recruiter gave me a phone interview first. I then met with the hiring leader and two managers on the team. The background check can hold up your start date. Be prepared to wait awhile for updates on interviews and additional documentation needed.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral. Tell me about a time you handle a difficult situation... how do you handle stress...   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company.

Interview

Submitted my resume through my college's career site and got a phone call from the recruiting lady saying they are interest in talk to me. Submitted the rest of my paper works and the first part is to talk with the hiring manager. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Typical question for a level 1 job nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a Behavioral interview. Friendly interviewers but following a very scripted process. Panel of three, they rotated asking questions. All three introduced themselves. Lead interviewer started off by telling me that it was a behavioral interview and wanted me to answer using the STAR method. Asked if I knew what that was.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about teamwork, using influence with no reporting authority.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

Describe a time, you had to advice somebody after analyzing a situation?
    What are your weakness?
    Can you walk us through your resume?
    How did you deal with one of your colleague that you could not cooperate with? And how did you handle it?

Supply Chain Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Got the interview after the Career Fair on campus. After 1 week I was scheduled for an interview. It was a panel of 3 people within the department. They were very nice, friendly, and joked often. They make their candidates feel comfortable. STAR format questions, they will tell you this before they start asking you questions. Asked basic behavioral questions. Also," tell me about yourself"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you stood up to a boss/authoritative and what was the result? (or something like that)   Answer Question

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Basically two guys in a room, with no notes or prepared questions/agenda. Sadly unprofessional, like it was a big interruption to their work day. I've had better interviews from waiters and waitresses at Chili's.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your background in project management?   1 Answer

Contract Worker Interview

Interview

Two people from APS asked me questions and graded them on a prepared document they both used. They hired me through a staffing company so they could work me overtime without additional $ and not get in trouble.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. What was unexpected was to find out the reason they hired me as a contractor was because no employees would work the hours needed to meet the deadline that APS management wanted.   Answer Question

Legacy Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wintersburg, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Wintersburg, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a college career fair and was recommended to the hiring manager. A few months later I received an email asking for an interview. I was asked to drive down to the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station to do the interview. The interview included a panel interview with the hiring managers, then an interview with the department supervising engineer, then a follow up with another guy who had gone through the program. They had me pretty convinced that I had a shot.

So, a week later I called in and found that they had hired internally. Essentially, I was there for show. APS never intended to hire me. They simply needed someone to interview so that when they hired their internal guy, they could say that it was from a fair pool.

Making me drive to the middle of the desert, prepare a presentation, and sit through hours of interviews, just to tell me that it was a waste... unethical, to say the least. Expenses were not paid.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to deal with a difficult person and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Legacy Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

interviewed at college fair. no technical questions just situational questions. also asked me to give a presentation. Got a call to interview at site as well. Again no technical questions second interview was easier.