Arizona Public Service Company

Updated Nov 17, 2014

3.1

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arizona Public Service Company in November 2014.

Describe a time, you had to advice somebody after analyzing a situation?
    What are your weakness?
    Can you walk us through your resume?
    How did you deal with one of your colleague that you could not cooperate with? And how did you handle it?

Supply Chain Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arizona Public Service Company.

Got the interview after the Career Fair on campus. After 1 week I was scheduled for an interview. It was a panel of 3 people within the department. They were very nice, friendly, and joked often. They make their candidates feel comfortable. STAR format questions, they will tell you this before they start asking you questions. Asked basic behavioral questions. Also," tell me about yourself"

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you stood up to a boss/authoritative and what was the result? (or something like that)   Answer Question

Contract Worker Interview

Two people from APS asked me questions and graded them on a prepared document they both used. They hired me through a staffing company so they could work me overtime without additional $ and not get in trouble.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. What was unexpected was to find out the reason they hired me as a contractor was because no employees would work the hours needed to meet the deadline that APS management wanted.   Answer Question

Legacy Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wintersburg, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wintersburg, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Arizona Public Service Company in May 2014.

I met a recruiter at a college career fair and was recommended to the hiring manager. A few months later I received an email asking for an interview. I was asked to drive down to the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station to do the interview. The interview included a panel interview with the hiring managers, then an interview with the department supervising engineer, then a follow up with another guy who had gone through the program. They had me pretty convinced that I had a shot.

So, a week later I called in and found that they had hired internally. Essentially, I was there for show. APS never intended to hire me. They simply needed someone to interview so that when they hired their internal guy, they could say that it was from a fair pool.

Making me drive to the middle of the desert, prepare a presentation, and sit through hours of interviews, just to tell me that it was a waste... unethical, to say the least. Expenses were not paid.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you had to deal with a difficult person and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Legacy Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company.

interviewed at college fair. no technical questions just situational questions. also asked me to give a presentation. Got a call to interview at site as well. Again no technical questions second interview was easier.

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company.

Very professional and friendly process

Safety Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Arizona Public Service Company in January 2014.

The interview was held in front of a group of managers. They asked many questions. I felt that the questions were not relevant to the job at all. They were asking abstract questions. No questions related to safety or my experience. I felt that they really didn't get to know me at all. Its too bad, but I could tell that the man in charge of safety there was new himself, and was trying too hard to make the interview different.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult situation you have ever dealt with?   Answer Question

Fossil Generation Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arizona Public Service Company in September 2013.

I received an interview with APS after stopping at their booth at the career fair and speaking with them. They offered me an interview for the following day. It was a STAR interview, there were many "tell me about a time when...." questions. It was relaxed with one person that had been through the program and the hiring manager for the program.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you had to work with a diverse group in order to achieve a goal"   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer I Interview

After 2 weeks, there were phone interviews. Then, APS invited me for an in-person interview. At this point, a panel of supervisors will interview me, and a presentation on my part was needed. They will use the STAR format for interviewing. The panel will keep asking about situations in your college life, and they wanted detailed information on specific actions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult if you study up on STAR format. It would be difficult if you lack experience, projects, or group activities. For example, they asked to explain situation in which I performed an analysis and made a recommendation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company.

After meeting a recruiter at a career fair. A next day interview was scheduled which included giving a presentation. The recruiter was very friendly and asked behavioral based questions. They were common interview questions that would normally be asked. Overall the interview process was very positive.

Did not negotiate.