Arizona State

35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Assistant Interview

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Arizona State in August 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted online application. Gave in person interview. Got selected.

Student Worker Interview

Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Arizona State in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very interesting puzzles as to how would you design s/w website. They made me write on paper the basic code and asked to write the test cases for the same. Automation is a very big service they need now.

Interview Question – Design and test a webpage   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Tempe, AZ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Arizona State in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interviews were not that difficult and it actually depends on the professor. Processing time is 1 -2 week. Again, it depends on the professor. If a professor badly needs you then you will be hired immediately otherwise you will have to work without pay for a semester and then funding will be given.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Graduate Research Associate Interview

Graduate Research Associate
Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Arizona State in April 2010.

Interview Details – Extremely hectic schedule, 7 interviews (30 minutes, each) with renowned Faculty/Scientists. Its a good idea to read professional interests of interviewers prior to the interview day if possible so as to have interesting scientific conversations with them. Most interviewers were laid-back realizing candidates might be nervous, and were kind enough to provide a decent introduction of their areas of interest. It's always a good idea to have a couple questions ready per interviewer in advance.

Interview Question – Why did you want to interview with me?   View Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Tempe, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Arizona State in August 2011.

Interview Details – A friend refer me for this position, the lab professor of Physics Department interviewed me with a few questions based on resume. Then lead me to the graduate coordinator to give me the offer.

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Arizona State in June 2013.

Interview Details – After I submitted an online application, I received an email asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was short and a major portion of it was behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What is your biggest mistake so far?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation. It was a fixed pay offer.

Business Development Intern Interview

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Arizona State in December 2013.

Interview Details – Apply on ASU's website, get a email interview notice, interviewed by 3 managers with professional dress.

Interview Question – How do you manage your time with tools   View Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Arizona State.

Interview Details – Applied on-line about a week later I got a call asking to schedule and interview, The interview lasted about a hour and a half. They asked many questions about my overall design process and was given scenarios and hypothetical events to design flyers and marketing materials for on the spot.

Interview Question – Draw us a flyer for a carnival for the senior class?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Arizona State in October 2011.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview that went well. They were very nice. After about a week, I received a call for an in person interview. I met with two other business analyst and discussed the position and my skills. I then interviewed with two other business analyst and the business manager. All interviews went well and they were very nice. About a month later I received a call from ASU and was offered the position.

Interview Question – If you could chose to be an animal, which one would it be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward. I asked for an amount and a day later they accepted my request.

Analyst/Coordinator Interview

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arizona State in June 2009.

Interview Details – Responded to job notice on ASU site. Submitted a cover letter, resume and three references. Was called a week later to interview for position. Was asked questions about my work experience and why I'm qualified for this position. Was also asked to demonstrate my office skills. It was a two-on-one interview.

Interview Question – Why I am qualified to work at ASU.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Took what they paid.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arizona State

Worked for Arizona State? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arizona State interview questions and advice in Tempe, AZ. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by Arizona State employees and interview candidates.