Arizona State University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Desk Assistant Interview

Desk Assistant
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Arizona State University in June 2011.

Interview Details – My sister worked before me on the same position and she referred me to her boss. I had to fill out an application and received an interview right away as soon as I turned it in (within the same week or so). One of the bosses interviewed me and she asked very general questions regarding my school background (what's your major, etc.). Then she asked me how I would organize tasks if I were given more than one. For example, if there was a line of people waiting to have their questions answered and the phone rang, what would I do? That sort of stuff.

Interview Question – How would you organize your tasks if you were given more than one? For example, if you were on the desk and there was a line of people waiting for their questions to be answered and the phone rang, what would you do? In what order?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation with the salary. It's a set student hourly wage salary. The only thing you can negotiate is hours.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Arizona State University

Worked for Arizona State University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arizona State University Desk Assistant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Arizona State University employees and interview candidates.