Arizona State University

www.asu.edu

Arizona State University Graduate Research Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Feb 23, 2014

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Arizona State University in April 2010.

Interview Details – Extremely hectic schedule, 7 interviews (30 minutes, each) with renowned Faculty/Scientists. Its a good idea to read professional interests of interviewers prior to the interview day if possible so as to have interesting scientific conversations with them. Most interviewers were laid-back realizing candidates might be nervous, and were kind enough to provide a decent introduction of their areas of interest. It's always a good idea to have a couple questions ready per interviewer in advance.

Interview Question – Why did you want to interview with me?   View Answer

Graduate Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview Details – I applied online as many advanced educated Chinese back in China. There is no interview at all. We submitted a package of material including CV, personal statement, transcripts, certificate, GRE score report, TOEFL score report, etc.

Interview Question – No questions asked, just waiting waiting and waiting. The difficulty is ASU is not as I expected from a US research university.   Answer Question

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Arizona State University in August 2010.

Interview Details – The process was good, professor ask about my interest in the filed, why do i want to a do a PhD in bioinformatics etc, my btech was in CS, so mainly he was more interested in knowing why am i changing the field. Then he asked me if i had any questions, i just asked him about his latest projects , grants and type of work they are doing.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, salary of graduates student are generally fixed.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Arizona State University

Interview Details – Since this is a research lab. The interview process is not critical. The professor ask about basic design knowledge and coding experience. Also good academic background ease your process.

Interview Question – From where do you graduate?   Answer Question

Worked for Arizona State University? Contribute to the Community!