Arizona State University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.6

Teaching Assistant Interview

was hired in less than ten mins , because my thesis advisor needed a TA. All I had to do to get the TA was walk up to a professor and tell him my GPA and he gladly accepted it. Went a floor below to HR and got the TA !

Systems Analyst Senior Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University in May 2013.

The first is a phone call to ask you about skills and other general questions. The second interview consists of general questions about your current job duties, skills, and knowledge of what they are looking for. All questions are pretty standard general questions and hypothetical. Real work examples on how you would handle certain situations. They ask you to apply their questions to past experiences. Interviews take about 45 minutes to 2 hours. Technical examples such as, "How would you start a JavaScript document" or anything like that are not asked.

Interview Questions
    • There really are not unexpected or difficult questions. Anyone with half a brain can come up with a good answer on the fly.   Answer Question
    They call you and offer you the job. They give the number out and you have about a couple of days to respond. You can ask for more money, but they are pretty stringent on staying close to the offered number if they do entertain giving you more.

Lab Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Arizona State University.

I was recruited and cherry picked for the position. I was asked to submit an updated resume and for reference. They asked my salary requirement. I gave them a 10K range to pick from and was happy with the offer.

I want between 50-60K

Student Interview

Standard application process for entrance into college. Very simple. Counselors and parents should be able to help you through the process. Also if you need help with the application, the ASU admissions office would be able to help

Technology Support Analyst Interview

Interviewed with the engineering college for a help desk position. The interview was less conversational, and more about the interview (who looked very uncomfortable) going through a very long list of screening questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate the amount of experience you have in Active Directory (on a scale from 1-10)? No follow-up, just wanted a number. Weird.   Answer Question

Walk Only Zone Ambassador Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Arizona State University in June 2014.

Nothing difficult. Please go through walk only zones website and you can answer any type of question. For me, it took 2 weeks to get a result, and 1 month to get a call from HR

Interview Questions
    • Just 4 questions. 1. Describe Customer Service? 2. Directions to certain buildings? 3. How would you react when somebody has an urgency and ask you to allow drive in the restricted zones?   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University.

Applied online and received email and phone call a week later to do a phone interview. Phone interview focused on what the position would entail and my resume, research background, and interest in position. After phone interview, received email asking me to come in for a tour of facilities and do a panel interview. Interviewers were professional, easy-going, and very knowledgeable.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - just questions about research background and abilities and any concerns about the job   Answer Question

Building Manager Interview

I heard about the job on the student careerlink site that ASU offers. I submitted my resume, transcript, and proof of enrollment. About a week later I received an email asking for an interview. The interview was with two current student employees, one the supervisor and the other a current building manager. I was then contact via email again a couple days later asking for another interview. This time I was interviewed by higher full-time staff and upper-management. They then called me and informed me that I had been accepted and would receive an email soon.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you had to overcome diversity or a difficulty.   Answer Question

Academic Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University.

Process can take a long time from posting to hiring. Different areas to things differently, but there is usually an initial screening of applications from the HR area, then they go to the supervisor, then the committee does interviews of top candidates.

I did not negotiate.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University in August 2012.

Job is posted online. Must fill out the process exactly, if you skip questions, you will be eliminated from the pool. Initial screening call to give some background experience.

Second interview is a panel interview. The questions have been pre-determined, and the interviewers must stick to those questions. All candidates will receive the same set of questions, which may vary from job to job. An evaluation process takes place, and if decided, and offer if given.

Interview Questions
    • How would you paginate results in a Oracle result set?   View Answer
    An offer letter was given, with no room for negotiation.

Worked for Arizona State University? Contribute to the Community!