Arizona State University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.5

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

I sent in my application online and they got back to me rather quickly. I had an interview set up only a few days later. Two different people interview me as well, but it went rather quickly, they mainly focused on what was on my resume and a few regular questions one would expect from an interview. They got back to me about 3 days later offering me the job.

Grad Student Interview

Interview

It was online and through mail. It was simple, primary requirements include a standardized test, letter of recommendation, submission of GPA and transcripts. It was very easy for my masters program. The business school provides alot of resources and can be very helpful.

PhD Applications Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

There are no interviews for a PhD position. You would just have to apply online and email faculty of your interest. Later if you get admitted then you can email them again letting them know that you have made it.

Student Worker I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

For such a low level job, I was interviewed by a panel of the three upper management of my department. Interesting approach as I was a full time student simply looking for part time work. But obviously with student worker positions they generally receive an overabundance of applications to the point that they gladly weed out dozens of applicants through any reasonable criteria.

Interview Questions

• They ask and expect to know the department mission statement, and how you will contribute to that.   Answer Question

Project Management Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

Very chilled out interview, basic questions on your previous experience. Overall it was a very calm interview and mainly they focus on the skills you have. try to answers as real as possible, mainly what you have already worked on. all questions will be straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Usually gives a random question on any work related problems faced by the interviewer   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy going

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

It was a simple process. I have email my professor about my interest and he has invited me to talk one on one, then he has accepted to take me into his team.

Mathematics Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

Submit an online application and indicate the subjects you are good at, year in school and available time schedule. About two weeks I got an email saying I might be a suitable candidate for them. One week later they noticed me the place for group interview. Interview was conducted by two supervisor.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

One phone contact to set up interview. Two in-person interviews. One phone discussion to accept offer/negotiate salary. The interview process was quite simple really. I only had to interview with one person for the first interview, and for the second I spoke directly to the manager/supervisor who I would be working directly with.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to tell them what I knew about [very difficult] research area that the office worked in. My job would ultimately have very little (if anything at all) to do with that research subject.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I requested a higher rate of pay to compensate for increase in costs related to employment, such as parking and higher insurance costs (than my previous position.)

Community Mentor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

The hiring process made me feel like the university is what it is known for, a giant party. Nobody knew what they were doing, they still don't. It's all just a big joke. The more you used the word "community" in your interview, the more likely you are to get the job. It's like they keep count, and if you said it the most you're the winner of this incredibly sucky job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? We all want it for the free room and board, but we can't say that. Use community a hundred times in one sentence and they'll think you're a genius!   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

Typical academic interview process - teaching and research presentations to graduate students and faculty and then panel interviews with hiring committee that sometimes includes out of department member(s). Some programs invite students to participate. Meetings with college leaders (assist / assoc dean). Be clear if you want to meet with specific program or center staff or faculty, realtor, etc. Interview process is 1.5 days. Very full during that time. Office hours by job candidates are silly and almost never used by anyone to come meet a candidate so don't be disappointed.

Interview Questions

• How will you help with the vision of the New American University?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation happened at the close of the interview in the second job I had; first job it was working through drafts of offer letter.