Arizona State University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Systems Analyst Senior Interview

Systems Analyst Senior

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University in May 2013.

Interview Details – The first is a phone call to ask you about skills and other general questions. The second interview consists of general questions about your current job duties, skills, and knowledge of what they are looking for. All questions are pretty standard general questions and hypothetical. Real work examples on how you would handle certain situations. They ask you to apply their questions to past experiences. Interviews take about 45 minutes to 2 hours. Technical examples such as, "How would you start a JavaScript document" or anything like that are not asked.

Interview Question – There really are not unexpected or difficult questions. Anyone with half a brain can come up with a good answer on the fly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They call you and offer you the job. They give the number out and you have about a couple of days to respond. You can ask for more money, but they are pretty stringent on staying close to the offered number if they do entertain giving you more.

Lab Manager Interview

Lab Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview Details – I was recruited and cherry picked for the position. I was asked to submit an updated resume and for reference. They asked my salary requirement. I gave them a 10K range to pick from and was happy with the offer.

Negotiation Details – I want between 50-60K

Student Interview

Student

Interviewed at Arizona State University

Interview Details – Standard application process for entrance into college. Very simple. Counselors and parents should be able to help you through the process. Also if you need help with the application, the ASU admissions office would be able to help

Interview Question – Not difficult to gain acceptance into ASU   Answer Question

Technology Support Analyst Interview

Technology Support Analyst

Interviewed at Arizona State University

Interview Details – Interviewed with the engineering college for a help desk position. The interview was less conversational, and more about the interview (who looked very uncomfortable) going through a very long list of screening questions.

Interview Question – How would you rate the amount of experience you have in Active Directory (on a scale from 1-10)? No follow-up, just wanted a number. Weird.   Answer Question

Walk Only Zone Ambassador Interview

Walk Only Zone Ambassador

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Arizona State University in June 2014.

Interview Details – Nothing difficult. Please go through walk only zones website and you can answer any type of question. For me, it took 2 weeks to get a result, and 1 month to get a call from HR

Interview Question – Just 4 questions. 1. Describe Customer Service? 2. Directions to certain buildings? 3. How would you react when somebody has an urgency and ask you to allow drive in the restricted zones?   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Research Technician

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview Details – Applied online and received email and phone call a week later to do a phone interview. Phone interview focused on what the position would entail and my resume, research background, and interest in position. After phone interview, received email asking me to come in for a tour of facilities and do a panel interview. Interviewers were professional, easy-going, and very knowledgeable.

Interview Question – No difficult questions - just questions about research background and abilities and any concerns about the job   Answer Question

Building Manager Interview

Building Manager

Interviewed at Arizona State University

Interview Details – I heard about the job on the student careerlink site that ASU offers. I submitted my resume, transcript, and proof of enrollment. About a week later I received an email asking for an interview. The interview was with two current student employees, one the supervisor and the other a current building manager. I was then contact via email again a couple days later asking for another interview. This time I was interviewed by higher full-time staff and upper-management. They then called me and informed me that I had been accepted and would receive an email soon.

Interview Question – When was a time that you had to overcome diversity or a difficulty.   Answer Question

Academic Success Specialist Interview

Academic Success Specialist
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview Details – Process can take a long time from posting to hiring. Different areas to things differently, but there is usually an initial screening of applications from the HR area, then they go to the supervisor, then the committee does interviews of top candidates.

Interview Question – There are many "scenario" type of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Web Applications Developer
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University in August 2012.

Interview Details – Job is posted online. Must fill out the process exactly, if you skip questions, you will be eliminated from the pool. Initial screening call to give some background experience.

Second interview is a panel interview. The questions have been pre-determined, and the interviewers must stick to those questions. All candidates will receive the same set of questions, which may vary from job to job. An evaluation process takes place, and if decided, and offer if given.

Interview Question – How would you paginate results in a Oracle result set?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – An offer letter was given, with no room for negotiation.

Personal Trainer Interview

Personal Trainer
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University in December 2012.

Interview Details – Apply online, interview with head of personal trainer, run him or her through a prototype workout while answering basic fitness questions.

Interview Question – What is the best way to test cardiovascular endurance?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiating, $15/hour period.

Worked for Arizona State University? Contribute to the Community!