Arizona State University

Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arizona State University in November 2008.

Very poor interview: Negative line of questioning and vague description of job duties and department function.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle difficult employees, customers, situations etc. Too many of these questions. I went away thinking this office was dysfunctional and it was!!!   View Answer
    Salary was offered I accepted. Do not work for this department!!!!!

Senior Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Arizona State University in January 2010.

Interview began with one on one phone conversation. Then a group of 3 or 4 telephone interview. Then there was an in-person interview with the same group of 3 or 4. This included a written "exercise" to determine writing ability, understanding the instructions, understanding the process, etc. Perception of the people I interviewed with was that they were knowledgeable, competent and concerned about hiring a good mix. In this office, the culture is serious (a little too much so); strong work ethic; work in silos, not much interaction between staff groups. Not much communication up or down.

Interview Questions
    • The written exercise consisted of doing the activity that I would be training others to do; the interpretation of the assignment; and the quality of work - writing, proofreading, ability to communicate, etc.   Answer Question
    Get what ever salary you can coming in - staff positions have not had raises in quite some time.

FEA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arizona State University in March 2012.

Basic questions about mechanic behavior of material. There are some questions from my resume. So it would be helpful to make sure you know everything you put on your resume.

Assistant Professor - CLAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Arizona State University in April 2010.

Typical application for academic positions - writing sample / article, CV, cover letter, teaching statement. INterivew was one research presentation to the department faculty. Meetings with Dean, Research center head, Chair / Assistant Chair, and panel interview with hiring committee. There were "office hours" to meet with faculty as they dropped in. Meeting rooms and faculty offices were pretty sad really. Furniture was nice in the offices but spaces small, technology dated and building frankly tired. Faculty were energetic, hardworking and eager graduate students were a breath of fresh air with lots of activities going on.

Interview Questions
    • What have you heard negatively about our unit / university?   View Answer
    • what would it take to get you here?   View Answer
    Simple. Got budget from the library for my unit and benchmarked myself. The Chair asked "what would it take to get me here?" and I presented the parameters.

Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Arizona State University in December 2010.

I applied to the position on referral from an existing employee regarding the position and applied for it through the ASU Careers website. I got a mail regarding the reciept of my application immediately and after about 2 weeks I was contacted by the HR regarding scheduling a 1:1 interview with a Sr. Manager. I was interviewed by a panel of 3, consisting of 1 HR Personnel, the senior manager and another Management Intern. The interview basically consisted of all HR questions like:
    - How would you handle a conflict.
    - How comfortable are you when it comes to working in a team.
    - Do you any experience in training and mentoring.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever faced a situation involving ethics?   View Answer
    • How would you handle inefficient team members?   Answer Question
    No I did not negotiate

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Arizona State University in January 2010.

Please be as detailed as possible - everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Secretary Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Arizona State University in September 2011.

If they choose your application from their pool of applicants, they will call you and set up an appointment. It really depends on what department you applied to but most offices at ASU have amazing people. The interview was a panel interview with the Director and Assistant Director. I would say be prepared to know about whichever department you interview for and to be positive. Questions included how would you deal with multiple projects given at one time, technical competencies and just your average questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle various projects at one time?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arizona State University in August 2011.

Typical panel interview, started about 15 min late, most of the panel seemed friendly. QA started normal, almost every panel member would ask questions then the others would scribble notes. Then the questions went to the nebulous and undefined.

Interview Questions
    • What if you had to get some thing done (in a undisclosed foreign country) but could not because someone was not allowing?   View Answer
    • What if you had to hop on a plane right now and was gone 30 to 90 days?   View Answer
    • Do you speak another language?   View Answer

Intern for the Outreach Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

The process took a weekinterviewed at Arizona State University in May 2011.

Filled out online application. About 5 days later scheduled an in person interview. The in person interview was with one person, the director of the program. She asked behavior based questions based on the position.

The interviewer look like she was about 35 years old and was easy to talk to. This felt like a long interview! The questions weren't too difficult - just felt like a long interview. Since it was so long, I think I got a little to comfortable in my speech (since she was easy to talk to), however, I would advise to continue to remain professional in speech even if you get tired since it is an interview. (Maybe I just got tired because during the interview I learned more about the position that I wasn't too excited about).

Interview Questions
    • Your working with K-12 groups. You schedule a group of middle school students to come tour the campus and listen to a speaker. The speaker is kind of boring and you notice the kids getting bored, not listening and talking; what do you do about the speaker?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you gave a presentation to a group and it turned out great.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Arizona State University in May 2007.

Very relaxed atmosphere. I got a tour of the facility and a detailed job description. The interview consists of mostly experience questions.