Arizona State University

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.6

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Arizona State University.

Typical academic interview process - teaching and research presentations to graduate students and faculty and then panel interviews with hiring committee that sometimes includes out of department member(s). Some programs invite students to participate. Meetings with college leaders (assist / assoc dean). Be clear if you want to meet with specific program or center staff or faculty, realtor, etc. Interview process is 1.5 days. Very full during that time. Office hours by job candidates are silly and almost never used by anyone to come meet a candidate so don't be disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • How will you help with the vision of the New American University?   View Answer
    Negotiation happened at the close of the interview in the second job I had; first job it was working through drafts of offer letter.

Undergraduate Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arizona State University in August 2014.

All email communications took several days, if not a full week to get a reply. The interviewer seemed more unprepared for the interview than I was. Office had an awkward air about it. Very uncomfortable interview process as a result.

Tech Consultant At University Technology Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

interviewed at Arizona State University in August 2014.

Online application. They will call you or email you if they want to set up a meeting. After that the interview is pretty simple. They will ask you what are your technical skills, can you fix computers or projectors. If you have similar experience in the past. How to resolve various technical problems related to computers and projectors.

Interview Questions
    • Details about various work scenarios and how to resolve them.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arizona State University in July 2014.

Fast paced organization, team and leadership. Interested in leadership examples and real-life experiences. 45 minute interview, cordial and conversational, getting to know one another's teamwork and leadership styles. Discussed organization and individual goals, challenges, future plans and day-to-day activities. Good communication all through the process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your most difficult teamwork situation and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Accepted better overall offer elsewhere.

Chinese Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arizona State University.

I have a referral, and submitted the resume online. After about 3 weeks I got an email about a on-site interview. The questions are very basic. Interview took about 20 minutes. After one on-site interview, I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer who is also my supervisor now is very nice, and the questions are based on resume and self introduction.   View Answer
    It's a hourly pay on campus job, no negotiation

Teaching Assistant Interview

was hired in less than ten mins , because my thesis advisor needed a TA. All I had to do to get the TA was walk up to a professor and tell him my GPA and he gladly accepted it. Went a floor below to HR and got the TA !

Systems Analyst Senior Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arizona State University in May 2013.

The first is a phone call to ask you about skills and other general questions. The second interview consists of general questions about your current job duties, skills, and knowledge of what they are looking for. All questions are pretty standard general questions and hypothetical. Real work examples on how you would handle certain situations. They ask you to apply their questions to past experiences. Interviews take about 45 minutes to 2 hours. Technical examples such as, "How would you start a JavaScript document" or anything like that are not asked.

Interview Questions
    • There really are not unexpected or difficult questions. Anyone with half a brain can come up with a good answer on the fly.   Answer Question
    They call you and offer you the job. They give the number out and you have about a couple of days to respond. You can ask for more money, but they are pretty stringent on staying close to the offered number if they do entertain giving you more.

Lab Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Arizona State University.

I was recruited and cherry picked for the position. I was asked to submit an updated resume and for reference. They asked my salary requirement. I gave them a 10K range to pick from and was happy with the offer.

I want between 50-60K

Student Interview

Standard application process for entrance into college. Very simple. Counselors and parents should be able to help you through the process. Also if you need help with the application, the ASU admissions office would be able to help

Technology Support Analyst Interview

Interviewed with the engineering college for a help desk position. The interview was less conversational, and more about the interview (who looked very uncomfortable) going through a very long list of screening questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate the amount of experience you have in Active Directory (on a scale from 1-10)? No follow-up, just wanted a number. Weird.   Answer Question