Arizona State University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.5

Assistant Director of Recruitment and Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

About a 2-3 hour process, had a phone screening which was about 30 minutes, invited back to assess skills using the computer and their website, then the director and HR interviewed me and then I went to meet the team I would be working with and gave them a 3 minute presentation.

Interview Questions

• What was a strength and weakness my manager put on my last yearly review?   Answer Question

Faculty Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Arizona State University (Mesa, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

I toured the Aviation Department at the Polytechnic Campus in May, just to see how they were set up. Later in August, out of the blue, the chair of the department contacted me and asked if I would be interested in teaching part-time for a couple of the labs. When I asked when we could schedule the interview, she said we already had...when I took the tour. Best interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• How would I work with easily distracted or apathetic students?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online. Received an email asking for preferred date for phone interview after one month. I had the phone interview and received the offer. The whole process was easy overall.

Student Worker IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume, had a skype interview because I was out of town, three people interviewed me and asked me questions on various topics. Entire interview lasted about 30 minutes. Before the interview they emailed me about when I would be available to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about accounting, handling confidential material, and STAR questions.   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

an email with the prof, and good GRe score that is all it takes to get the research assistanship position . Personal statement didnt really matter, i had to spend several days what a waste of time

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

It is a typical hiring process in academia. You are invited for a talk followed by one-to-one meetings with senior faculties and a tour of some facilities and labs. You need to talk about your background, research interest, what research direction you want to take in the next few years and how you plan to obtain funding to support your research.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

After applying, I received a phone call indicating I was selected for an interview. The interview was scheduled via email. I only had one interview and it was a group interview via Skype. I was also offered to speak to the hiring manager via phone in order to get a better idea for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had do deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Arizona State University.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in July 2011.

Interview

I met with the department head one on one. We discussed what the objective of the department was and the vision for the future. We also discussed specific projects that I would be working on and my responsibilities on those projects. He asked about the projects I had worked on in the past and my interest in education. We talked about some of the existing products that are in the same space as what the department wanted to build and the pros/cons of their implementations.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the previous games I had worked on and what my responsibilities were on those projects.   Answer Question

Student Worker III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

I walked through my design portfolio and had a very laid back interview regarding my strengths and weaknesses. We talked about the different computer programs that I knew how to use. He was mostly concerned with my actual abilities, and not how sociable I was.

Interview Questions

• Are you proficient in Adobe Suites?   1 Answer