Arizona State University

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.5

Student Interview

Standard application process for entrance into college. Very simple. Counselors and parents should be able to help you through the process. Also if you need help with the application, the ASU admissions office would be able to help

Technology Support Analyst Interview

Interviewed with the engineering college for a help desk position. The interview was less conversational, and more about the interview (who looked very uncomfortable) going through a very long list of screening questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate the amount of experience you have in Active Directory (on a scale from 1-10)? No follow-up, just wanted a number. Weird.   Answer Question

Tech Consultant At University Technology Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

interviewed at Arizona State University in August 2014.

Online application. They will call you or email you if they want to set up a meeting. After that the interview is pretty simple. They will ask you what are your technical skills, can you fix computers or projectors. If you have similar experience in the past. How to resolve various technical problems related to computers and projectors.

Interview Questions
    • Details about various work scenarios and how to resolve them.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arizona State University in August 2014.

All email communications took several days, if not a full week to get a reply. The interviewer seemed more unprepared for the interview than I was. Office had an awkward air about it. Very uncomfortable interview process as a result.

Research Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arizona State University.

Applied online and received email and phone call a week later to do a phone interview. Phone interview focused on what the position would entail and my resume, research background, and interest in position. After phone interview, received email asking me to come in for a tour of facilities and do a panel interview. Interviewers were professional, easy-going, and very knowledgeable.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - just questions about research background and abilities and any concerns about the job   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arizona State University in July 2014.

Fast paced organization, team and leadership. Interested in leadership examples and real-life experiences. 45 minute interview, cordial and conversational, getting to know one another's teamwork and leadership styles. Discussed organization and individual goals, challenges, future plans and day-to-day activities. Good communication all through the process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your most difficult teamwork situation and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Accepted better overall offer elsewhere.

Building Manager Interview

I heard about the job on the student careerlink site that ASU offers. I submitted my resume, transcript, and proof of enrollment. About a week later I received an email asking for an interview. The interview was with two current student employees, one the supervisor and the other a current building manager. I was then contact via email again a couple days later asking for another interview. This time I was interviewed by higher full-time staff and upper-management. They then called me and informed me that I had been accepted and would receive an email soon.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you had to overcome diversity or a difficulty.   Answer Question

Academic Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Arizona State University.

Process can take a long time from posting to hiring. Different areas to things differently, but there is usually an initial screening of applications from the HR area, then they go to the supervisor, then the committee does interviews of top candidates.

I did not negotiate.

Walk Only Zone Ambassador Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arizona State University in June 2014.

Nothing difficult. Please go through walk only zones website and you can answer any type of question. For me, it took 2 weeks to get a result, and 1 month to get a call from HR

Interview Questions
    • Just 4 questions. 1. Describe Customer Service? 2. Directions to certain buildings? 3. How would you react when somebody has an urgency and ask you to allow drive in the restricted zones?   Answer Question

GPCC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arizona State University in June 2014.

One Interview, one on one with supervisor. Apply online and got a call in 4 days. After interview got reply in 3 days. very friendly interview. interviewer was helpful and asked only behavioural questions.