Arizona State University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Chinese Tutor Interview

Chinese Tutor
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University in March 2013.

Interview Details – The whole interview was done in Chinese. There were a few questions asked about previous teaching/tutoring experience; and then it was a proof reading in Chinese.

Interview Question – It was not hard if you are a Chinese and you had tutoring/teaching experience previously.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview Details – One phone interview, two face to face interviews. One with direct manager and other with direct manager and other staff members within the unit. It takes them a while to go through the process. Everyone I have spoken with talks about how long it takes for the interview process at the Arizona State University.

Interview Question – Didn't have a difficult question, just come prepared to talk about your experiences and how it can help the department you have applied for. Be prepared to give problem solving examples.   Answer Question

Map Librarian Interview

Map Librarian

The process took a day - interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview Details – Pre-interview dinner with three librarians. Very nice people.
Interview with a search committee and then gave a presentation.
Then met colleagues and deans of the school library.

Interview Question – Mostly are very typical questions   Answer Question

Inspector Interview

Inspector
Tempe, AZ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Arizona State University in January 2012.

Interview Details – Referral or online.. basic interview, mostly regard schedule, flexibility..

Interview Question – not any   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

Event Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview Details – Had to email resume and cover letter to hiring manager

Interview Question – What sets you apart from other applicants?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for a .40/hour raise in compensation

Academic Advisor Interview

Academic Advisor
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Arizona State University in January 2008.

Interview Details – It is different for each department but it usually takes at least a month. The interview process is long and drags out because there's a ton of rules that they "have" to follow. When it comes down to it, if they want to hire you, they will find a way to make it happen-following the rules or not.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations allowed.

Instructional Technology Analyst Interview

Instructional Technology Analyst
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Arizona State University in July 2010.

Interview Details – A very lengthy process; one may not hear back for an initial phone interview for two months, and after the phone interview the process still moves slowly. Interview committee was made up of university staff and professors, and the questions were more informal and behavioral than corporate and cut-and-dry. Phone interview generally consists of a conference call with 3 other individuals, representing interested parties in the position itself. As it is an educational institution, interviewees should be prepared to answer questions about their views on undergraduate education and the like.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time that you built something.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary range at the university level is fixed, and I was hired at the top end of the advertised salary range.

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University in July 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted resume, a week later got a call to set up an interview. Interview was a panel with three others. Took almost two weeks to get an offer, but was able to start right away.

Interview Question – Typical questions for the role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations, the amount listed in the job posting was the only salary avaialable.

Research Technician Interview

Research Technician
Tempe, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University in November 2009.

Interview Details – If you know someone, it is very fast an easy. It is difficult to get an interview off the street. Most jobs are created with someone internally in mind.

Interview Question – Name all possible species of nitrogen off of the top of your head, and the analysis methodology you would use for each one with water as the substrate.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University in April 2008.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone interview, dinner with executives, a large-group interview, two small-group interviews, and finally an informal lunch.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. The position offered to me was not the same as the one I applied for, but the salary was still a major jump. I was pleased with the job offer.