Arizona State University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Academic Success Specialist Interview

Academic Success Specialist
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview Details – Process can take a long time from posting to hiring. Different areas to things differently, but there is usually an initial screening of applications from the HR area, then they go to the supervisor, then the committee does interviews of top candidates.

Interview Question – There are many "scenario" type of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Web Applications Developer
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University in August 2012.

Interview Details – Job is posted online. Must fill out the process exactly, if you skip questions, you will be eliminated from the pool. Initial screening call to give some background experience.

Second interview is a panel interview. The questions have been pre-determined, and the interviewers must stick to those questions. All candidates will receive the same set of questions, which may vary from job to job. An evaluation process takes place, and if decided, and offer if given.

Interview Question – How would you paginate results in a Oracle result set?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – An offer letter was given, with no room for negotiation.

Personal Trainer Interview

Personal Trainer
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University in December 2012.

Interview Details – Apply online, interview with head of personal trainer, run him or her through a prototype workout while answering basic fitness questions.

Interview Question – What is the best way to test cardiovascular endurance?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiating, $15/hour period.

Account Assistant Interview

Account Assistant
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Arizona State University in August 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted online application. Gave in person interview. Got selected.

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker
Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very interesting puzzles as to how would you design s/w website. They made me write on paper the basic code and asked to write the test cases for the same. Automation is a very big service they need now.

Interview Question – Design and test a webpage   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Tempe, AZ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Arizona State University in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interviews were not that difficult and it actually depends on the professor. Processing time is 1 -2 week. Again, it depends on the professor. If a professor badly needs you then you will be hired immediately otherwise you will have to work without pay for a semester and then funding will be given.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult   Answer Question

Graduate Research Associate Interview

Graduate Research Associate
Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Arizona State University in April 2010.

Interview Details – Extremely hectic schedule, 7 interviews (30 minutes, each) with renowned Faculty/Scientists. Its a good idea to read professional interests of interviewers prior to the interview day if possible so as to have interesting scientific conversations with them. Most interviewers were laid-back realizing candidates might be nervous, and were kind enough to provide a decent introduction of their areas of interest. It's always a good idea to have a couple questions ready per interviewer in advance.

Interview Question – Why did you want to interview with me?   View Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Tempe, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Arizona State University in August 2011.

Interview Details – A friend refer me for this position, the lab professor of Physics Department interviewed me with a few questions based on resume. Then lead me to the graduate coordinator to give me the offer.

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Arizona State University in June 2013.

Interview Details – After I submitted an online application, I received an email asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was short and a major portion of it was behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What is your biggest mistake so far?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation. It was a fixed pay offer.

Business Development Intern Interview

Business Development Intern
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Arizona State University in December 2013.

Interview Details – Apply on ASU's website, get a email interview notice, interviewed by 3 managers with professional dress.

Interview Question – How do you manage your time with tools   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arizona State University

Worked for Arizona State University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arizona State University interview questions and advice in Tempe, AZ. All 38 interview reviews posted anonymously by Arizona State University employees and interview candidates.